Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

No clue.  But you wonder how / if they keep Kane and Toews long term if they aren't a playoff contending team.  How do you rebuild with 20% of your cap tied up in 2 players? 

You cant trade them either. Cap hits are 2 high. Crawford being hurt is killing them. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I stopped saying that the year Phaneuf & Clarkson's contract were traded.  

Not many teams have space for what? 10.5 million a year? 

A few do for sure but Id imagine if Toews or Kane have any sort of NTC.. Those teams are on it. Carolina for example... I could see Toews interest there.. Would he agree to go there tho? I'd bet not. 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yeah... any perennially struggling club like Arizona, Carolina, or Florida would be crazy to turn down Toews, even at 10.5 mil for the next 5 years.

Its not a matter of if those teams would... Its a matter of would Toews want to go there. 

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Its not a matter of if those teams would... Its a matter of would Toews want to go there. 

Well if they are blowing things up in Chicago, who knows what he wants?  Lots of guys like to go to those southern teams.  Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

No clue.  But you wonder how / if they keep Kane and Toews long term if they aren't a playoff contending team.  How do you rebuild with 20% of your cap tied up in 2 players? 

Exactly why Vancouver has sucked so badly for so long. The twin boat anchors using up all the cap space.