Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

huh?

Just roster juggling.  Hutch will be back up after the all-star break and likely starting on Tuesday.  The Moose play tonight and tomorrow so I expect they wanted to get Hutch into one or both of those games so he isn't rusty for the Tuesday start.

17 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Just roster juggling.  Hutch will be back up after the all-star break and likely starting on Tuesday.  The Moose play tonight and tomorrow so I expect they wanted to get Hutch into one or both of those games so he isn't rusty for the Tuesday start.

I imagine it resets his "waiver exempt" period as well.  30 days or 10 games up with the jets and he has to clear waivers again before going back down.

The end of an era...?

https://www.tsn.ca/jagr-clears-waivers-likely-heading-to-europe-1.981564

Jaromir Jagr's storied NHL career appears to be at an end.

The Calgary Flames winger cleared waivers on Monday, and the 45-year-old Czech legend is now expected to finish out the season in Europe.

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports the expectation is Jagr's contract will be assigned to HC Kladno by the Flames. Jagr is a co-owner of the club and skated with the team before signing with the Flames in October.

Jagr has appeared in 22 contests for the Flames this season, posting one goal and six assists. He was placed on injured reserve with a lower-body injury on January 14, retroactive to December 31 when he last played.