Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

36 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

TSN's Trade Bait Top 40: https://www.tsn.ca/jeff-skinner-joins-tsn-s-trade-bait-board-1.992343

Some pretty big names on that list.

I wonder what the ask is for Boone Jenner? He's having a terrible season, but he looked to have some promise earlier in his career. He's still a young guy and can play wing or centre.

He and Reinhart are the most interesting names to me. I'd also look at some of the lower tier centres on expiring contracts. Cullen was a beast in the playoffs last year for the Pens, and by most accounts is a great teammate/leader.

Edit: I also like Cullen b/c he one of the few guys left in the league who's older than me.

Edited by sweep the leg

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I wonder what the ask is for Boone Jenner? He's having a terrible season, but he looked to have some promise earlier in his career. He's still a young guy and can play wing or centre.

Was just going to post this...  I'll never judge a guy by how he plays for Tortorella... you either fit his system or you don't... Jenner would be a great add and still RFA

After that... its pretty sparse - either old, average or bad contracts...

Plekanec would be neat to see as 4C with Roslo and Connor - and Petan is French... so...

33 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Add backup goalie to TD wish list for Jets. 

Skinner and Pacioretty are interesting but dont think id give up what it would take. 

Letestu would be a perfect upgrade on Hendricks. Cheap. 

I say leave Hendricks alone for this year heading into the playoffs.  His ROI  is pretty good right now.

Come off season, sure think upgrade.

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ask the Edmonton Oilers if they miss Hendricks this year. I can guarantee his other attributes he is demonstrating this year on and off the ice at the very least cancel out his lack of skate speed. You can keep letestu, he's garbage.

They didnt miss him last year when he sat all playoffs. Seriously you think the Oilers are struggling cuz they dont have a 36 year old? Cmon. Letestu had like 11 points in the playoffs last year.. Is a special teams wizzard and actually has speed. 

Seriously Hendricks has been better than expected but hes 36 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why would this club ever trade for a guy who is having an "off year" and who may have shown some potential once in the play offs or once several years back?   Makes zero sense to me.  

Bc he's big, young(ish), gritty, plays multiple positions, and is only 1.5 seasons removed from scoring 30 goals.

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Bc he's big, young(ish), gritty, plays multiple positions, and is only 1.5 seasons removed from scoring 30 goals.

Id take Jenner over Hendricks and Letestu. Hes a gritty SOB also. Lays the hits. Something we kind of lack a wee bit. 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

They didnt miss him last year when he sat all playoffs. Seriously you think the Oilers are struggling cuz they dont have a 36 year old? Cmon. Letestu had like 11 points in the playoffs last year.. Is a special teams wizzard and actually has speed. 

Seriously Hendricks has been better than expected but hes 36 

Unfortunately I watch  alot of Oiler hockey and Letestu is sucking hard this year. 

Yes Hendricks is 36 and as I said I'm only looking at this year for the Jets and he's doing more than what we expected he do. Re-evaluate this off-season whether we re-sign him or not.

44 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Scheifele has less time of ice than Armia. 

Hes certainly not 6th. Unless its being prorated because he has less than 1000 way less than 1000 total minutes on ice. He cant be 6th. Hes missed almost 7 weeks. 

Yeah sorry I was looking at TOI/game not total.

58 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yeah sorry I was looking at TOI/game not total.

It was pretty obvious that a guy who’s been injured for six weeks is not going to be top ten in overall TOI ha

whoke discussion is about line usage - he’s just trying to save face by obfuscating things...

https://www.tsn.ca/sens-put-high-price-tag-on-brassard-1.995990

According to LeBrun, the Senators are seeking a first-round pick, a top prospect and a third piece in any trade for the 30-year-old centre.

Brassard is under contract through next season at a $5 million cap hit, though his salary drops to $3.5 million in 2018-19.

That's a pretty insane ask.

7 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That's what the trade deadline is all about and I hope we stay out of it, don't what to give up a 1st round pick or any of our top prospects for a rental we can't or wont resign, and then go out in the first round of playoffs.