Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

True but we've seen some wild stuff in the past.  We got a first rounder and Dano for Ladd while Brassard is arguably a better player, a centre, and has term left on his deal.

A late first rounder and a castoff is a fair trade for Brassard...

His market is probably reduced by another year at $5 million

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

A late first rounder and a castoff is a fair trade for Brassard...

His market is probably reduced by another year at $5 million

I'd be surprised if that got it done but it all depends on the current market.  Like for example I don't think we could get Brassard (not that I want him anyways) for a first-rounder and Petan.  It would probably be more like a first-rounder, Roslovic, and something else.  I guess we will see if anyone bites.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'd be surprised if that got it done but it all depends on the current market.  Like for example I don't think we could get Brassard (not that I want him anyways) for a first-rounder and Petan.  It would probably be more like a first-rounder, Roslovic, and something else.  I guess we will see if anyone bites.

Andrew Ladd was worth more than we got too... what contender has an extra five mill?

34 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Buffalo has been trying to get a 1st rounder,  top prospect and a 3rd player for Kane for months....  no one bit.   I don't imagine Brassard being any different.

Things heat up as we get closer to the deadline.

52 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Andrew Ladd was worth more than we got too... what contender has an extra five mill?

Really?  I thought we made out like bandits.  Ladd's done.  His contract with the NYI may be one of the worst in the NHL.

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Really?  I thought we made out like bandits.  Ladd's done.  His contract with the NYI may be one of the worst in the NHL.

The Ladd deal was a clear win for us. The 1st rounder was Logan and although its not looking good now you never know. Dano was the best they had on the farm was it not? He's still here and Ladd did not help them win the Cup or sign with them afterwards.

Only 9 goals for Andy I see. Probably get 15 down the stretch like last year.

23 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Ladd deal was a clear win for us. The 1st rounder was Logan and although its not looking good now you never know. Dano was the best they had on the farm was it not? He's still here and Ladd did not help them win the Cup or sign with them afterwards.

Only 9 goals for Andy I see. Probably get 15 down the stretch like last year.

Yeah I agree except for Stanley not looking good.  That's looking like a great pick.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Things heat up as we get closer to the deadline.

It was an okay trade...  if he's dealt the summer before you get more

Dano seems now like he's a Setoguchi type I guess - he's never actually contributed much to the Jets beyond partial 4th liner

We also packaged the actual pick to move up for Stanley - so there's that

Anyway, I think 20th overall and lower plus a marginal 'top prospect' is basically the market for guys now...  like I'd trade Dano and our 1st for Brassard in a heartbeat - even throw in a 3rd rounder

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

It was an okay trade...  if he's dealt the summer before you get more

Dano seems now like he's a Setoguchi type I guess - he's never actually contributed much to the Jets beyond partial 4th liner

We also packaged the actual pick to move up for Stanley - so there's that

Anyway, I think 20th overall and lower plus a marginal 'top prospect' is basically the market for guys now...  like I'd trade Dano and our 1st for Brassard in a heartbeat - even throw in a 3rd rounder

Brassard isnt a UFA rental like Ladd tho.. Or a winger. He has 1 year left and is a center.. His value is higher

34 minutes ago, Floyd said:

His value is actually lower for a playoff rental...  an extra year of $5 million is not appealing to teams.

Hes not a rental. That extra year matters. Most teams dont like giving up packages for pure rentals. Brassards value is higher because he would be around next season and 5 million is actually pretty reasonable. .

Personally id prefer Zuccarello tho. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Hes not a rental. That extra year matters. Most teams dont like giving up packages for pure rentals. Brassards value is higher because he would be around next season and 5 million is actually pretty reasonable. .

Personally id prefer Zuccarello tho. 

Patches!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/pacioretty-plekanec-may-not-return-road-trip-canadiens/

I actually think Chevy is the type of GM that would make a hockey trade. I think lots of teams would prefer having guys with an extra year or so on their contracts. Rentals are great and all but i would never give up a 1st for a guy who will be gone in the Summer. 

Just now, Goalie said:

I actually think Chevy is the type of GM that would make a hockey trade. I think lots of teams would prefer having guys with an extra year or so on their contracts. Rentals are great and all but i would never give up a 1st for a guy who will be gone in the Summer. 

You would if you thought it could make a difference in the playoffs.  I dont think Chevy would give up much for a rental either, to be honest.  So it would be cheaper rentals or players with time left on their deals.  But the Jets have a ton of their own players to re-sign in the next two years so it would have to be someone who is an upgrade on someone currently playing.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Boone Jenner would be good.  Mike green...maybe for D depth.   Nash would be good too.

Pacioretty and Skinner are interesting but have time left on their deals.  The guys above are expiring contracts so the cap hit is virtually nil at this point in the season.

Mike Green is pretty awful now...