Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

oh man this place is going to get stomped on by Krispy Kreme (though granted the person who has been writing these articles have been complaining about why isn't it near CF Polo Park? there are some empty places on my end of town too)

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2023/01/d-spot-dessert-cafe-opening-at-seasons-of-tuxedo/

oh and apparently St.Louis Bar and Grill is coming too

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

oh man this place is going to get stomped on by Krispy Kreme (though granted the person who has been writing these articles have been complaining about why isn't it near CF Polo Park? there are some empty places on my end of town too)

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2023/01/d-spot-dessert-cafe-opening-at-seasons-of-tuxedo/

oh and apparently St.Louis Bar and Grill is coming too

It's too bad the only food Winnipeg is known for is perogies. Slightly above bannock. 

5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Imagine being so ignorant to claim Winnipeg is only known for perogies.

Outside of Winnipeg... it is only known for perogies.   

I'm always ranting and raving with my coworkers (out of province) about how much of a diverse variety of restaurants we have in Winnipeg.  

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Pizza Pizza makes decent Panzerotti's

Why settle for decent when exceptional is available? I can’t understand your fixation with lousy chain restaurants. Winnipeg has so many options of scratch made food of so many types it’s insane nor to take advantage of the variety. 

Made the trip to Taverna Rosa for lunch today, absolutely incredible Greek cuisine. 

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Why settle for decent when exceptional is available? I can’t understand your fixation with lousy chain restaurants. Winnipeg has so many options of scratch made food of so many types it’s insane nor to take advantage of the variety. 

Made the trip to Taverna Rosa for lunch today, absolutely incredible Greek cuisine. 

I've had friends growing up  (from Transcona) who never ventured out of the area and would in their minds be eating fine dining such as  7-11 ,  McDonalds, and Foody Goody.    Clearly some groups of people like the lower quality fast food or sit down places otherwise those businesses would of closed shop years ago.   The fact that Cathay House was still open up until a few years ago really does show that even the lowest quality and dirtiest of places can still find customers.  

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Butbutbut....these are two of the three major food groups: fat. salt and sugar. What's the problem?

wouldn't you be a little disturbed if there was a pool of grease in the box, heck when it arrived my place the box that had the stuff in had quite the grease spot

also there must have been something in the Parmesan garnish that made it too salty and since some of that was in the pool of grease....