Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

29 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Was super excited for the Friskee Pearl but holy hell those prices!

no kidding 44 bucks for a lobster roll? McD's must have charged less for the McLobster

61 bucks for a whole lobster as an add on for the Angus Top Sirloin Filet?

okay I get they have to pay something heavy to have something shipped here but man

Edited by iHeart

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's an upscale place,  those prices are actually cheap.   I remember going to places in Toronto 20 years ago where the lowest price item on a menu was $30.          

It's faux-upscale place... where your featured steak is a top sirloin and is served with "Haricots Verts" (which is just green bean in french) - it screams "try hard".

• 2 weeks later...

So I added a new place to my "I will return" list. There's a place called White Picket Fence on Henderson Highway near the Santa Lucia, they have stuff that I have never seen at Tee-Yah's (and their biggest advantage it that they sell ice cream)

but you will not believe what I saw there, they have condiments (alot of different hot sauces), some from Taco Bell some are for Tostitos, I'm actually munching on Skittles Chewies (no shell) right now

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

So I added a new place to my "I will return" list. There's a place called White Picket Fence on Henderson Highway near the Santa Lucia, they have stuff that I have never seen at Tee-Yah's (and their biggest advantage it that they sell ice cream)

but you will not believe what I saw there, they have condiments (alot of different hot sauces), some from Taco Bell some are for Tostitos, I'm actually munching on Skittles Chewies (no shell) right now

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

White Picket Fence is awesome. I love the assortment of seasonings and hot sauces. Maritime Madness makes some killer hot sauces (Mustard Pickle is unbelievably good).

Thanks for this discussion, I need to check this place out. I really wish Stoke the Fire was available somewhere locally. Their Garlic Fire is the best tasting sauce I’ve ever had. 

https://www.stokethefirehotsauce.com/

57 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Thanks for this discussion, I need to check this place out. I really wish Stoke the Fire was available somewhere locally. Their Garlic Fire is the best tasting sauce I’ve ever had

https://www.stokethefirehotsauce.com/

I'm going to have to check this out next time I'm in BC, this sounds right up my alley!

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I'm going to have to check this out next time I'm in BC, this sounds right up my alley!

We received a bottle a bottle as a welcome gift when we stayed at an Airbnb in Revelstoke a couple years ago. Now I buy a bottle every time I am in the Okanagan. 

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They do have good soups and  sandwiches

I know but I made the mistake of ordering two appetizers and an entree (and taking two appetizers home...yes it was that expensive but that's on me I made that dumb decision the scotch egg was good though) and I kind of wish I ate inside what a pop culture ceiling

I could sure use that Permit tracker right now, I'm 60 percent sure there's a new restaurant going into Kildonan crossing across from the Bank

whatever is going in there I hope it's something that's already in the Sterling Lyon area

oh speaking of which St.Louis Bar and Grill will open on July 10th

Edited by iHeart

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I believe St Louis Bar and Grill is Canadian despite the name.   Similar to Boston Pizza.  

Correct. They started in Toronto about 30 years ago and while they are still mainly based in and around the GTA, they have locations in 4 other provinces (BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Nova Scotia & New Brunswick) as well.

Couldn't find a reference online but heard it reported on the radio this morning that 7-11 on Ness at Sturgeon Rd has applied for a Liquor License to allow them to serve beer and wine in their dining area and with Takeout/delivery. That used to be my local Sev, lots of room to expand the store in the lot and not much around, or is there a plan to take over a vacant spot in the adjacent strip mall and add a separate sit down dining area...