Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

Kub has been given a life raft courtesy of Chip and Pepper Foster...people from before my adulthood time

also I was at Chung Chun's today and apparently the business next to it Asia City has added Croffles to their menu which can explain why we now see Chocolate and Caramel And Maple syrup available as sauces, and I have found out they they are going to open another Chung Chuns (there is a second location listed on the website and I assumed it would be the Osborne location as they said was happening but it's actually going to be a new location on Empress, it will be in the lot where Chapters Polo Park is, and I have kind of realized the only way we can get this business on my end of town is if it shares a lot with an independent Bubble Tea business, and the only one on my end is at KP so unless it wants to move into the area where Famous Players used to be in the expanded area I'm still going to have to wait)

May be an image of dessert and text that says '#40004e F CLASSIC CROFFLE CRFFLE&CRE CROFFLE LOTUS ROWNSUGAR S COOKIES &CREAM CAMPFIRESMORES CREAM CHOCOL T TOFFEE CARAMEL TOFFEE CREAM BANANASPLIT &CREAM BANOFFEE &CREAM CROFFLE CHOCOLATE &CREAM KOREAN TWISTED DONUT MOZZA CHEESE KOREAN PIZZA CHEDDAR CHEESE CHOCOLA whipped crea CARAMEL whipped crea CARAMEL bananas, CHOCOLA CREAM toasted chocolate HAM&CHEESE KOREAN CORN'No photo description available.

Edited by iHeart

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2023/01/krispy-kreme-opening-at-season-of-tuxedo-winnipeg-in-2023/?amp

oh and Arby's is making a comeback too, I'd be more excited if it was near an area accessible to me, that end of town isn't exactly bus transportation friendly, my work end of town is more bus friendly than the Kenaston area is

https://seasonswinnipeg.ca/assets/2023-01-10-mb-seasons-brochure-fas.pdf

Edited by iHeart

One thing I want to bring up is that Teeyah's is stocking up on Ice Cream bars that we can't get here, like the Sonic Bars, the Strawberry Shortcake bars, I have already tried the Cookies and Creme bars as well

HOLY CRAP GOOD HUMOR OWNS VIENNETTA no wonder they disappeared from Canadian Stores #BRINGVIENNETTABACKTOCANADA

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Have been at R&R's- mediocre food.

I've been a few times to the Regent location because my Mom enjoys mediocre old people restaurants.  I found it slightly better then Perkins and Smitty's which isn't saying much.   I think as the population ages out that these breakfast/diner places (Sals/Smittys/Perkins/R&R)  which serves frozen then re-heated, pre package, non homemade dishes will suffer as the younger generation are more accustomed to higher quality meals.  

On 2023-01-20 at 12:12 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Waste of food. Waste of energy. What kind of a carbon foorprint did this leave? Disgraceful. Angry demonstrations are breaking out all over the world in protest. This terrible travesty of food wastage got the attention of that Jailbird You Know Who. 

57 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I've been a few times to the Regent location because my Mom enjoys mediocre old people restaurants.  I found it slightly better then Perkins and Smitty's which isn't saying much.   I think as the population ages out that these breakfast/diner places (Sals/Smittys/Perkins/R&R)  which serves frozen then re-heated, pre package, non homemade dishes will suffer as the younger generation are more accustomed to higher quality meals.  

Yes, the generation that invented the Tide Pod challenge has always been known for its discerning taste.