Is it known which Western team tried to grab Spooner off PR??

Booch

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm cheering that young man, over here.....

Yeah, real nice to see a young player buying into the Walters / O'Shea program, even if it costs him some $$ in the short term. Great to see.

(I'd never criticize a practice player for bouncing on us but I'll sure cheer when one says he'll stay)

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

Yes, and no disrespect to Booch, but I don't consider him a source.  Not unless he wants to give some credentials as to why he should be considered a source.  Or alternatively, establish a track record over time that he can be considered trustworthy even without presenting credentials.

So far, I will only give him credit for being reasonably intelligent and knowledgeable about football, and does not show noticeable signs of frequent meth usage.

Booch is great

32 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

driving a quarter of a million dollar machine? .... no bumpkin will be doing that

My father in law takes two weeks holidays every year, from his job as a gas-fitter, to do that FOR FREE for a guy in the area because he just loves doing it so much....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

My father in law takes two weeks holidays every year, from his job as a gas-fitter, to do that FOR FREE for a guy in the area because he just loves doing it so much....

When I was a kid I had to mow acres of grass for my old man.  I had a riding mower for the last couple of years I did it, but I still hated it.  Out getting baked by the sun, uselessly cutting a plant that was just going to grow back anyway...it was stupid.

Funny thing ... fifteen years later, a buddy needed help running a riding mower, getting his backyard in shape for his wedding, I did it, and it was strangely relaxing and satisfying.

Man, getting old is weird.

Edited by johnzo

On 8/10/2017 at 3:13 PM, Noeller said:

Booch has been a noted/respected insider since OB.com days.....goes back to the Taman days, I believe. One of the very few people on here that you can trust, for sure...

I'm pretty monogamous on the internets; never spent much time at OB.  TEP for many years, then a divorce.  After some healing, I was ready for a relationship again.  Happily been on MBB for a few years.

Won't see me straying over to Riderfans the first moment boredom sets in.  Monogamous.

On 8/10/2017 at 3:15 PM, Booch said:

YES INDEED....He who said Gavin Walls was training camp fodder and Charles Roberts was a waste of training camp roster space...man what a judge of talent that man was...hahaha

I loved the O'Neil Wilson signing; finally we might solve that pesky NI receiver problem, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the Bombers signed some scrub from the Allouettes who only managed 400 yards in 2 CFL seasons.  Waste of a training camp spot.  Went by the name of Terrence Edwards.  I'm amazed I even remember his name.  That guy was totally useless.

Edited by mbrg
english is hard

Lions, confirmed

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/12/bombers-canadian-ol-decides-stay-lions-attempt-get/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JustinDunk3downnation+(3+Down+Nation-Justin+Dunk+)

Offensive lineman Qadr Spooner turned down the B.C. Lions in order to stay in Winnipeg.

The Lions tried to claim the 25-year-old off the practice roster, but he stayed with the Bombers for loyalty reasons. Winnipeg drafted Spooner and have a plan for his development, plus the coaches there are high on him.

Spooner measures six-foot-four, 309 pounds and brings a nasty, relentless playing style to the field – a trait Mike O’Shea covets. Winnipeg felt fortunate to land him in the second round, 15th overall in the 2017 CFL draft. He was a conference all-star coming out of McGill University.

Winnipeg has Matthias Goossen (starting centre), Sukh Chungh (starting right guard), Patrick Neufeld (backup tackle or guard), and Michael Couture (backup centre) on the roster, which has allowed the Bombers the luxury of time to teach Spooner the pro nuances. Then when he gets on the gameday roster he’ll be properly prepared and ready.

Wally that ol fox...sniffin around our hen house trying to poach one of our roosters...Times are getting tough for Wally I guess so he tried and end run...Better luck next time squinty....we had our eyes wide open on that one...I was almost certain it was Corky in Greenland that was trying to pry one of our guys loose...it wasn't but you can't take your eyes off that weasel either.

22 hours ago, Atomic said:

Lions, confirmed

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/12/bombers-canadian-ol-decides-stay-lions-attempt-get/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JustinDunk3downnation+(3+Down+Nation-Justin+Dunk+)

Offensive lineman Qadr Spooner turned down the B.C. Lions in order to stay in Winnipeg.

The Lions tried to claim the 25-year-old off the practice roster, but he stayed with the Bombers for loyalty reasons. Winnipeg drafted Spooner and have a plan for his development, plus the coaches there are high on him.

Spooner measures six-foot-four, 309 pounds and brings a nasty, relentless playing style to the field – a trait Mike O’Shea covets. Winnipeg felt fortunate to land him in the second round, 15th overall in the 2017 CFL draft. He was a conference all-star coming out of McGill University.

Winnipeg has Matthias Goossen (starting centre), Sukh Chungh (starting right guard), Patrick Neufeld (backup tackle or guard), and Michael Couture (backup centre) on the roster, which has allowed the Bombers the luxury of time to teach Spooner the pro nuances. Then when he gets on the gameday roster he’ll be properly prepared and ready.

When wally is sniffing around your PR trying to nab people, you have done well.