Walters not optimistic about signing Henoc before free agency

Mr. Perfect

This is where the inexperience may affect Walters. Gotta wonder how confident he feels in negotiating this one. It will be tricky.  

I disagree.   Walters is a straight forward, look him in the eye and tell the truth kind of guy.   From what I know about Henoc and his family, I think that they can appreciate that type of approach.    I don't think signing him will be easy....every player wants to be part of a winning team, and we have struggled this year.  I don't think, however, that Walters is at a disadvantage to other GM's based on experiance.   The bigger factor will be what he is able to offer.

This is where the inexperience may affect Walters. Gotta wonder how confident he feels in negotiating this one. It will be tricky.  

I disagree.   Walters is a straight forward, look him in the eye and tell the truth kind of guy.   From what I know about Henoc and his family, I think that they can appreciate that type of approach.    I don't think signing him will be easy....every player wants to be part of a winning team, and we have struggled this year.  I don't think, however, that Walters is at a disadvantage to other GM's based on experiance.   The bigger factor will be what he is able to offer.

^^^^

And if he's able to sell the road map for the organization over the next few years .. it's going to be a tough sell for a lot of our FA .. convincing them we are turning the corner.  I expect to lose a few important defensive FA.

If Henoc leaves nothing you can do about it if Walters did everything he could do to sign him. As long as the Bombers are as aggressive as other teams & really tries to keep him, I'm okay with whatever happens. You have to move on. Then it becomes what does he do in trades or free agency to make up for it.

If you'll all remember Muamba was a pain in the ass to get signed intially as well. Guy was always going to be a tough sign, I don't doubt that the Bombers will show him the money, it's just whether or not he wants to stay here or if he thinks there's some other offer out there that is better. 

It is really too bad they FA system kicks in so early in the CFL.  3 seasons is just not enough to evaluate and mold the player.

A "franchise" like tag could potentially help retain players for longer periods of time.

I guess no matter what though, if you don't have a good team, you can't expect to retain your players without throwing ridiculous amounts of money at them.

If you'll all remember Muamba was a pain in the ass to get signed intially as well. Guy was always going to be a tough sign, I don't doubt that the Bombers will show him the money, it's just whether or not he wants to stay here or if he thinks there's some other offer out there that is better. 

A lot will depend if he thinks the team is on the right track to win a championship in the next 2 to 5 years. With Mack, there was no hope.

If we put this time into Muamba and he walks, we end up being farther behind than we were in the beginning.

Trying to Build that MLB position as NI, without a viable exceptional backup, is short-sighted.

There are two starting NI LB's in a whole league.  Your alternative to Muamba is another NI receiver.

Sorry, I meant moreso that you have to have another viable NI who can step in, regardless of the position.   Thanks for pointing that out.