Walters not optimistic about signing Henoc before free agency

Mr. Perfect

His agent is an idiot so far as to say Barker won't even draft any one he represents. Who knows how much air he has blown up Henoc's butt.

I've read that Taman goes out of his way to avoid his clients as well. I think that as long as he doesn't get an NFL shot he'll be back with the Bombers. He's our guy so I think our GM will be more willing to put up with the agent.

If you'll all remember Muamba was a pain in the ass to get signed intially as well. Guy was always going to be a tough sign, I don't doubt that the Bombers will show him the money, it's just whether or not he wants to stay here or if he thinks there's some other offer out there that is better.

A lot will depend if he thinks the team is on the right track to win a championship in the next 2 to 5 years. With Mack, there was no hope.

yeah sorry I forgot that Mack punches babies and kills kittens for fun.

Nah, who cares about that? He just killed the Blue Bombers. When are you going to stop apologizing for that idiot?

I dunno, when are you going to stop blowing everything out of proportion?

Really? All you do is continually stick up for Joe Mack. He's killed this team. C'mon 17 time to take your Mack poster down in your Man Cave. He ain't coming back, Thank God!!

dood,.you got what you wanted, so you essentially "won" why keep harping so hard on people who think otherwise.. let it go.. it always takes 2 to tango..

Mack had a chance to draft Edem, Aguilar, Plesius, etc for NI depth/roster flexibility... instead we went crazy with a shotgun strategy of NI receivers, running backs and NFL prospects

Even the biggest Mackboy has to notice that after four years, Labbe is still one step away from being a starter on this team - and that's scary.

If you'll all remember Muamba was a pain in the ass to get signed intially as well. Guy was always going to be a tough sign, I don't doubt that the Bombers will show him the money, it's just whether or not he wants to stay here or if he thinks there's some other offer out there that is better. 

A lot will depend if he thinks the team is on the right track to win a championship in the next 2 to 5 years. With Mack, there was no hope.

yeah sorry I forgot that Mack punches babies and kills kittens for fun. 

Nah, who cares about that? He just killed the Blue Bombers. When are you going to stop apologizing for that idiot?

I hate to pull a Shankman, but this was a thread about Walters trying to re-sign Henoc Muamba, and no one brought up Mack until you did. And this isn't the first time Mack has been brought up for no reason. The same Mack who went 'off the board' to draft Henoc in the first place. Bash Mack all you want, but if he didn't have the propensity to draft against the rankings, we wouldn't be talking about re-signing Henoc, we'd be talking about how shitty Scott Mitchell has been and waiting for Philip Blake to be cut by the Cardinals. 

He certainly wasn't the unanimous choice to be the #1 pick, but "off the board" is probably overstated. Regardless, the correct decision was made.

I would argue taking the third-ranked player first overall is as "off the board" as taking the fourth-ranked player at his position first, which is what happened at fourth overall with Jade Etienne. Do I agree that 'off the board' is overstated? Probably, but no more than taking the fourth-best receiver (and youngest) first, and that seems to be one of the first criticisms that come up re: Mack.

I object to the internet tough guy thing... I've never claimed to be a tough guy. I'm just a truth teller, from two towns over. 

Like how you told the truth about how Wally was using Joey Elliott?

Given that he's brought in Pierce to be experience doesn't that lend some credibility to my thoughts on the matter?

This is where the inexperience may affect Walters. Gotta wonder how confident he feels in negotiating this one. It will be tricky.  

I disagree.   Walters is a straight forward, look him in the eye and tell the truth kind of guy.   From what I know about Henoc and his family, I think that they can appreciate that type of approach.    I don't think signing him will be easy....every player wants to be part of a winning team, and we have struggled this year.  I don't think, however, that Walters is at a disadvantage to other GM's based on experiance.   The bigger factor will be what he is able to offer.

Walters should be offering right at, or just that bit more than other teams.  The money thing will definitely not be an issue.  Not for a ratio-breaking MLB.  Selling the long term plan of the team is obvious, and I'm not that convinced that Walters can do that just yet.  Walters is already voicing his skepticism, which seems telling about his confidence level. 

I object to the internet tough guy thing... I've never claimed to be a tough guy. I'm just a truth teller, from two towns over. 

Given that he's brought in Pierce to be experience doesn't that lend some credibility to my thoughts on the matter?

Doesn't that fact that he held on by a thread as the third stringer for less than half a season tell you what he thought of him?

Wally want's pierce and doesn't want Elliott, doesn't that tell you something about Elliott? or more importantly the accuracy of your assesment of him?

Doesn't that fact that he held on by a thread as the third stringer for less than half a season tell you what he thought of him?

Wally want's pierce and doesn't want Elliott, doesn't that tell you something about Elliott? or more importantly the accuracy of your assesment of him?

I'm asking both of you, as politely as possible, to stfu about Elliott.

That Wally wanted a change at the position does not negate the premise that Wally wanted some experience at 3rd string. 

I'm asking both of you, as politely as possible, to stfu about Elliott.

I also hope the whole "we could have had Reilly" discussion  can be confirmed dead now too.

I have a bad feeling Henoc is going to leave at the end of the year(one of the reasons I don't really want Cauchy benched).

Ship them both out, problem solved.

More like problem created

Really, why, unless you don't think that you would receive NI starters in return? But if that's the case, then they shouldn't be starters to begin with.