Winnipeg @ Ottawa: Are they due?

BigBlue

21 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

really : Wild Johnson Leggett all  back to full health?

Johnson and Leggett yes.  Wild I think is still on the 6 game..

Moe Leggett, Bruce Johnson and Shayne Gauthier all back in gear today for the #Bombers

as per twitter

Edited by SPuDS

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

They've lost 4 games by 10 points. Their offense is really good. Harris is a great QB. Their defense leaves a lot to be desired though. I think we should be able to move the ball on them. Can't take them lightly because of their record.. They could still bear anybody. 

I just don't see that. He's able to get the job done for sure. But Great? I don't get it.

I agree with the rest of your statement though. Can't sleep on Ottawa. Don't think they'll make much noise in the 2nd half of the year but I do think they will surprise a few teams from time to time. Play hard nose ball and they'll fold.

31 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I just don't see that. He's able to get the job done for sure. But Great? I don't get it.

I agree with the rest of your statement though. Can't sleep on Ottawa. Don't think they'll make much noise in the 2nd half of the year but I do think they will surprise a few teams from time to time. Play hard nose ball and they'll fold.

I've always been higher on him then most but I think he's borderline elite. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

I agree that Harris is a good QB. That offense moves the ball well and has really been piling up the points. 

meh, we've put up more points (+5) then ottawa and we've played 1 less game than them which included that 10 point stinker we put up vs Calgary.  If there is one thing the Bombers have shown this season so far is we can go toe to toe with most, if not every team in the league offensively.  Defensive has been our issue giving up too much in return.  

That said, Alexander and Johnson in for Walker and Carmichael in the secondary and Leggett back at SAM should make us a hellova lot better this week defensively. Hopefully Medlock shakes off his last 2 outings and i can see us winning by 10

15 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

meh, we've put up more points (+5) then ottawa and we've played 1 less game than them which included that 10 point stinker we put up vs Calgary.  If there is one thing the Bombers have shown this season so far is we can go toe to toe with most, if not every team in the league offensively.  

You have to look only at points scored by the offense - Ottawa has the lead by a whopping +1. Both teams have played 5 games. Btw, the RB's have played Calgary twice. 

25 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

meh, we've put up more points (+5) then ottawa and we've played 1 less game than them which included that 10 point stinker we put up vs Calgary.  If there is one thing the Bombers have shown this season so far is we can go toe to toe with most, if not every team in the league offensively.  Defensive has been our issue giving up too much in return.  

That said, Alexander and Johnson in for Walker and Carmichael in the secondary and Leggett back at SAM should make us a hellova lot better this week defensively. Hopefully Medlock shakes off his last 2 outings and i can see us winning by 10

Didn't you hear though? We have a terrible offense and Nichols is a scrub. Averaging close to 35 points a game just won't cut it in the CFL ;)

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

These aren't your uncles Bombers! I actually feel confident The Fever, and Davis could hold their own if Nichols got hurt. 

I tend to agree, this is probably the best qb depth weve seen since KG backed up khari. And I dont even know before that. I think fever could pick up pretty well if nichols was hurt. Davis' lack of action would scare me greatly if he went in atm. Though he probably has more up side then fever. 

But the PTSD wont subside soo easily from seeing solid - good starters go down and pure bunk come in after. Not any time soon. :wacko:

Edited by wbbfan

The fact that we have stability at the QB position means we can develop Davis properly. I'm glad he hasn't seen much real game time because we've had some good QB prospects in the past that were either rushed into action or had a terrible terrible offensive line behind them. Hopefully in a year or two Davis will be a starting QB in this league.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I agree that Harris is a good QB. That offense moves the ball well and has really been piling up the points. 

Getting pressure on him early is going to be crucial, being on the road and all. Another hot start like Thursday night (getting an early turnover, for example) would be huge.

Fingers crossed Leggett and Johnson are back, too. That'll help the secondary immensely.

28 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The fact that we have stability at the QB position means we can develop Davis properly. I'm glad he hasn't seen much real game time because we've had some good QB prospects in the past that were either rushed into action or had a terrible terrible offensive line behind them. Hopefully in a year or two Davis will be a starting QB in this league.

Very pleased that they've used LeFevour in a few situations this year that make use of his mobility advantage, showing LaPo realizes his value as a dangerous weapon close to the goal line and that they're not caught up on a fixed QB pecking order.  Use all weapons. 

55 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I'm sure you meant a terrible OL in front them, but with some of those OLs, behind is a more appropriate description. 

4 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

If there is one thing the Bombers have shown this season so far is we can go toe to toe with most, if not every team in the league offensively.

The Bombers have cured the Red zone blues haven't they?

Don't know how or why, since La Police is such a terrible play caller.:rolleyes:

2018 Paul La Police, head coach,, Hamilton Tiger cats?

Edited by Mark F
glass of warm white wine

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

The Bombers have cured the Red zone blues haven't they?

Don't know how or why, since La Police is such a terrible play caller.:rolleyes:

2018 Paul La Police, head coach,, Hamilton Tiger cats?

Kent Austin is not going anywhere- he still has two years on a very fat contract and he is buddies with the owner. The Çats lost a very good offensive coordinator (Condell) and a very good defensive coordinator in short order and have not replaced them with anywhere as capable people. If there has to be a scapegoat, it will likely be Tillman. Collaros is the highest-paid player in the CFL and is arguably the worst starting QB in the league.