Command center

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Wow CFL 0/2 on two big plays in two games. This is absolute bush league. 

Now to be clear, you're talking about the fumble in the 4th quarter right?  I absolutely agree that they got it wrong, and it didn't even look close on the replay.

I could see why the refs on the field got it wrong because it was very close, but the replay showed it clearly.

Edited by Sard
added comment

Just now, Sard said:

Now to be clear, you're talking about the fumble in the 4th quarter right?  I absolutely agree that they got it wrong, and it didn't even look close on the replay.

Absolutely. This is really concerning. Someone needs to be held accountable because it makes the league look bad. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't know than every league is bush league. Did we all not complain about replays outcomes in NHL playoffs. NFL the same every weekend some is complaining about a review.

I find the NFL struggles to be more interpretations.  The CFL ones are like, did the ball cross the line, was the knee down, fairly black and white.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't know than every league is bush league. Did we all not complain about replays outcomes in NHL playoffs. NFL the same every weekend some is complaining about a review.

Well I for one constantly complain about the bush league offside challenge the NHL implemented. They did it for the same reason the CFL did, knee jerk reaction to one very badly blown call (at least with PI challenges in the CFL) so it's stupid for the same reasons. 

Two for two

2 games played, 2 reviews gone bad

C’mon man

What we're approaching is the point where the Command Centre (C’mon Centre) is becoming irrelevant.

Seriously.

What can we expect from here?

There are 79 games left in the schedule. How many command centre reviews?

How many will be bad?

So, what's the point?

Do we have to have a review on the reviews?

Let me put this straight out there. It's not the refs that are screwing up. They're making the calls they see….right or wrong. Percentages.

The Command Centre don't have luxury of percentages.  They must get these reviews right.

They are failing.

C’mon man

Watching the half time show and they're talking about the "controversial" plays of the command centre, and instead of Glenn Johnson admitting fault he says you better get used to it! Any close call that may take minutes to decide is "slowing down the pace of the game." Get out of here with that crap. Either scrap replay completely or take the time to get it right. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Watching the half time show and they're talking about the "controversial" plays of the command centre, and instead of Glenn Johnson admitting fault he says you better get used to it! Any close call that may take minutes to decide is "slowing down the pace of the game." Get out of here with that crap. Either scrap replay completely or take the time to get it right. 

First act of the new Commissioner. Fire Johnson. We know that won't happen. The man is useless.

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I just heard him say that and I choked on my rum and coke.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What they actually said is that they will only use the command center to overturn egregious calls, if it is a close call (as the two disputed calls were this weekend) they are going to stick with the original call on the field.  This isn't going to appease anyone but it appears they are attempting to keep the officiating in the hands of the on-field officials as they see it at game speed. 

49 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The line between right call and wrong call seems clearer to me than the line between wrong call and egregiously wrong call.

I don't disagree, the officials are opening themselves up to a whirlwind of criticism if they won't decide between right and wrong when the video evidence can be used to "quickly" determine the correct call.  How will a Coach's Challenge be handled?  "Well it looks like you were right Coach...but not right enough to overturn the incorrect call of the official."  Too much gray area, they should get rid of the Coach's Challenge and self-police. 

What they needed to do was get out front and clearly explain their policy before the season began to coaches, fans and especially the broadcaster so they wouldn't break down video to the micro-second looking for these "gotcha" moments that inflame everyone.

First weekend down and they're already in damage control mode.

The CFL has read the fans wrong when they're talking about replay reviews. The complaints last year, about taking too long for review, were bang on, but the Command Centre is putting the emphasis on the wrong concern. They're so concerned about taking too long to get the right call that they overlook the fact that the fans want them to get the call RIGHT..and not be so concerned if the error was egregious enough to overturn.

Just make the right call and everything else will fall in line.