Canadian Politics

25 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Why would Hydro need fibre optics. MTS just used the hydro right of ways.

Manitoba Hydro owns numerous fibre optic communication lines. Private ISPs connect to their trunks in order to run their  networks, be they radios or fibre optic lines. 

Check out p. 132 of the Floodway Expansion Proposal

https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/eal/registries/4967floodway/eis/mainreport-vol1/chapter4.pdf

On ‎2019‎-‎09‎-‎21 at 7:12 PM, Mark H. said:

Manitoba Hydro owns numerous fibre optic communication lines. Private ISPs connect to their trunks in order to run their  networks, be they radios or fibre optic lines. 

Check out p. 132 of the Floodway Expansion Proposal

https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/eal/registries/4967floodway/eis/mainreport-vol1/chapter4.pdf

That's a 15 year old upgrade plan. Looks like it won't be happening.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The new poll out showing limited damage to the Liberals is pretty disappointing.  Not because I want the liberals to be damaged, but because of what it says about a lot of Canadians.

I'm not sure what it says about Canadians exactly. They're not choosing yes or no on Trudeau, they're choosing between him and someone like Sheer. 

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure what it says about Canadians exactly. They're not choosing yes or no on Trudeau, they're choosing between him and someone like Sheer. 

Ditto. I'd love to know what a single poll does to paint the majority of the populace in this country.

Unfortunately, Canadians are being given two pretty shitty choices. If anything, that's what disappointing: the quality of our so-called leaders.

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The new poll out showing limited damage to the Liberals is pretty disappointing.  Not because I want the liberals to be damaged, but because of what it says about a lot of Canadians.

says less about Canadians and more about the parties and their leaders currently IMO. 

Let's be honest, no one thinks Trudeau is a racist, just that he's an idiot who is so privileged that he doesn't know when he's doing something he shouldn't, but we all knew that about him before he was even elected so why would people's reactions change? 

Just that our choices this election are between a giant ****** and a turd sandwich.  

Diversity is cool, i have a daughter GF mother sisters so womens rights are important... I know some gay ppl so LGBTQ rights should matter, veterans should be respected.. I dont care for privatizing health care.. Plus Doug Ford is going to Ontario what Sheer wants to do federally so.. When i vote, ill take the dude who dressed up 20 years ago over Trump 2.0 

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

says less about Canadians and more about the parties and their leaders currently IMO. 

Let's be honest, no one thinks Trudeau is a racist, just that he's an idiot who is so privileged that he doesn't know when he's doing something he shouldn't, but we all knew that about him before he was even elected so why would people's reactions change? 

Just that our choices this election are between a giant ****** and a turd sandwich.  

it speaks to those people that are hypocrites.  Most people are to a degree I guess.  

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, pigseye said:

Why would you want to saddle future generations with unmanageable debt servicing, which is all running deficits does. It's just as bad as destroying the environment on them yet nobody is marching on capital hill about it. Way too many double standards today posing as a noble cause, ie. partisan politics. 

The federal Conservatives have no track record of reducing the public debt.   

21 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I recall Harper ran 7 deficits and a very janky surplus of about a modest 2 bil? IIRC.. they made that by selling off a few crown corps (profitable ones) and selling in a fire sale all of the GM stock they acquired from the bail out... Them Cons- so fiscally astute!

The reality of the conservative game (con game) is to starve the beast to force cuts to social safety nets. Cut the GST. Oh **** we have HUGE deficits! We have to tighten our belts and cut welfare programs! It's a scam.

I don't want to have to deal with those shenanigans anymore- leave my pensionable age alone, I don't want to wait an extra few years.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

13 hours ago, pigseye said:

Why would you want to saddle future generations with unmanageable debt servicing, which is all running deficits does. It's just as bad as destroying the environment on them yet nobody is marching on capital hill about it. Way too many double standards today posing as a noble cause, ie. partisan politics. 

No one thinks that Winnipeg's/Manitoba's/Canada's debt will ever be paid off. Gotta stop worrying about that stuff.

Like the Americans! 1T yearly deficit. They don't care.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

No one is going to remove the debt, even when Chretien and Martin had no deficits they did that by downloading more burden onto provinces which just put the debt into a different location. 

Most of what governments do with money is just a shell game. Move it here move it there, hope the plebs are too stupid to know what's really going on. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

No one is going to remove the debt, even when Chretien and Martin had no deficits they did that by downloading more burden onto provinces which just put the debt into a different location. 

Most of what governments do with money is just a shell game. Move it here move it there, hope the plebs are too stupid to know what's really going on. 

Problem is when another country like China holds much of that debt, it's naive to think they won't eventually want to collect.

15 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I recall Harper ran 7 deficits and a very janky surplus of about a modest 2 bil? IIRC.. they made that by selling off a few crown corps (profitable ones) and selling in a fire sale all of the GM stock they acquired from the bail out... Them Cons- so fiscally astute!

The reality of the conservative game (con game) is to starve the beast to force cuts to social safety nets. Cut the GST. Oh **** we have HUGE deficits! We have to tighten our belts and cut welfare programs! It's a scam.

I don't want to have to deal with those shenanigans anymore- leave my pensionable age alone, I don't want to wait an extra few years.

read the facts instead of hearsay

https://www.cbc.ca/news/multimedia/canada-s-deficits-and-surpluses-1963-to-2015-1.3042571

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Everyone needs to read the facts instead of folklore

https://www.cbc.ca/news/multimedia/canada-s-deficits-and-surpluses-1963-to-2015-1.3042571

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

My Apologies- I didn't think we needed to hear about how hrper inherited a surplus from the Liberals, frittering it away and then post  6 consecutive deficits and then posting a questionable surplus aided by a fire sale of the governments assets to give the optics of sound fiscal stewardship in an election year.  

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

15 hours ago, Mark H. said:

7 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I don't think washing your bedding after shitting the bed counts... does it? Inherit  15+ bil surplus.... post a 5 bil surplus (down 10bil) run 6 consecutive deficits only to post a meager 1,9 bil surplus (made with very questionable means) in an election year...