Canadian Politics

7 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yes, I agree with you that recessions are the only time you ever need to use stimulus packages- But they didn't need to- Canada wasn't hit that badly- Ottawa and the Canadian banks were ready for the recession. There was no reason, aside of politics, for the stimulus package. it was a poor choice.

Whatever, I guess you more about economics than the economists do. 

7 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Whatever- https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/stop-stimulus-canadian-economic-recovery-likely-already-underway-more-stimulus-could-hurt

The private sector, encouraged largely by low interest rates, not government stimulus spending, is the reason for the positive signs in the economy thus far. In fact, the real risk for economic recovery lies in governments continuing to push forward with stimulus plans. As the economy begins to recover, the stimulus spending will compete with private sector investment and dampen the recovery. Rather than continue to roll-out more stimulus, the Conservative government should tighten the spending reigns and let the private market flourish.

Recently released data from Statistics Canada presents encouraging signs of the beginning of an economic recovery. After three consecutive quarters of declining economic output, inflation-adjusted GDP increased in June, the first monthly increase in nearly a year. While GDP in July was unchanged, the Bank of Canada and most major Canadian banks are now predicting positive growth in Canada's economic output for the third and fourth quarters of the year. If these predictions come to fruition, the great recession of 2009 will be shallower and shorter than previous recessions and nowhere close to what many predicted.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

9 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Well... thanks.

experts also argue that much of the government stimulus came too late. It had almost no impact when it should have counted most – as the economy pulled out of recession in 2009.

A 2010 report by the Vancouver-based Fraser Institute, a conservative think tank, found a "negligible" benefit from government spending and a "small" boost from tax relief in the second half of 2009, based on a review of GDP data for the period. The Fraser Institute economists argue instead that a rebound in exports drove the recovery. "Government stimulus spending did not have a material impact on Canada's economic recovery," according to the study.

8 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Quit cherry picking, but I guess that's about all I could expect from you now isn't it. 

Wait... wut? Easy there big guy, no need to take it so personally and take personal shots. It's cool- it's cool. You provided the information, I just quoted it.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

12 hours ago, pigseye said:

This is comical coming from the guy quoting nutjobs on trash websites who claim to know more about climate change than actual climate scientists.

11 hours ago, pigseye said:

Quit cherry picking, but I guess that's about all I could expect from you now isn't it. 

**looks at climate change thread**

Image result for LOL gif

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This is comical coming from the guy quoting nutjobs on trash websites who claim to know more about climate change than actual climate scientists.

**looks at climate change thread**

Image result for LOL gif

Wait... wut? Easy there big guy, no need to take it so personally and take personal shots. It's cool- it's cool.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Save some edge for everyone else. Nice rebuttal, though. Super original.

Image result for what would you do with a brain if you had one gif

LOL - I will let the irony of the above gif sink in for everyone else.  Enough pearl-clutching.  Time to get back to topic.  

Justin Trudeau caught out-right lying again.  This time about trees.  This guy really is sinking faster than a lead balloon.  What a tool.

Justin Trudeau has spent a lot of time talking about positive politics and against the politics of fear. He’s spoken out against politicians who distort the truth to make their point and he even passed legislation to try to deal with misinformation being spread during elections.

Yet at stop after stop, he tells outright lies about his opponents. He doesn’t just torque or twist the truth to make him look better than his opponents — he lies.

I’ve been around politics long enough to know that this isn’t just a problem with Trudeau or the Liberal Party alone. But for him to continually preach that we can’t campaign on fear and that facts matter is a bit rich.

I’d like to start hearing the truth from Justin Trudeau but given how he has reacted to SNC-Lavalin, blackface and other problems he’s faced, I won’t be holding my breath.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-should-choose-truth-for-a-change

Edited by kelownabomberfan

47 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Wait... wut? Easy there big guy, no need to take it so personally and take personal shots. It's cool- it's cool.

This has really the opposite intended effect if you choose to throw a quote back at someone- when that person didn't provide the quote. 

But you're right- there is no need to make it so personal and go with personal attacks either. 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah- that guy just reeks.

Lol if you are talking about Blackface McGee Trudeau, you are correct. And the stench just gets worse every week. The "non partisan Senate" is a joke, designed to appeal to gullible mush heads. No better display of this farce was put forward recently than when we saw the "non-partisan" Liberal senators shut down the SNC Lavalin inquiry. It just stunk.

The Liberals stink.

On 2019-09-27 at 8:56 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

There are numerous examples of tory canditates and members resigning or getting suspended for a litany of a racism, homophobic and have shared or liked racist facebook posts. These are facts. So it is not " horribly disingenuous  and downright sill to even suggest this. ".  Just because you disagree doesn't mean you can make up your own facts, pearl-clutch and shout people down as being silly and disingenuous. 

There are numerous examples of candidates from every party being suspended or resigned for racist & homophobic remarks or liked facebook posts. This is an all party issue. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Lol if you are talking about Blackface McGee Trudeau, you are correct. And the stench just gets worse every week. The "non partisan Senate" is a joke, designed to appeal to gullible mush heads.

But I am not,I was actually talking about scheerer, but you knew that- yet had to chime in with your faux assumptions. Not sure why that is necessary.

I think a less partisian government is a good thing. I also find it insulting that you would characterize me as a gullible mush head. You can stop with the thinly veiled personal attacks- it's insulting and does nothing to further the discourse. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There are numerous examples of candidates from every party being suspended or resigned for racist & homophobic remarks or liked facebook posts. This is an all party issue. 

True- but I don't know of any other party leader who will stand with and defend them- other than scheer. Nor do I see any other party leader elevating known racist in their party to senior staff.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I was actually talking about scheerer, but you knew that- yet had to chime in with your faux assumptions. Not sure why that is necessary.

But your assumption about Scheer is "faux". You know that of course. 

I think a less partisian government is a good thing. I also find it insulting that you would characterize me as a gullible mush head. You can stop with the thinly veiled personal attacks- it's insulting and does nothing to further the discourse. 

I wasn't referring to you as a gullible mush-head, only those who honestly think that the "non-partisan" Senate we have now is actually "non-partisan " if anyone watched the farcical SNC Lavalin inquiries they would know that this is a joke.

You are smart enough to know better and not be drawn in by stinky Liberal lies.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

True- but I don't know of any other party leader who will stand with and defend them- other than scheer. Nor do I see any other party leader elevating known racist in their party to senior staff.

Nothing you wrote above is true. When you have not one but several videos and pictures of Scheer or Hamish (who also isn't a racist, and it's silly and disengenous to suggest this) in blackface, call me. 

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

You are smart enough to know better and not be drawn in by stinky Liberal lies.

I am- I fully go into that with open eyes- I am not a liberal supporter- I am a thouroughly anti-conservative voter. ABC. I am willing to strategically vote against the cons- even if it means propping up a leader who wore brown face 20 years ago, who constantly lies about important things and is not the brightest leader. That is how terrible the cons platform, open racist policies and track record are. I don't agree on the conservative party's vision of Canada- it's destructive, divisive and does nothing for a progressive society. 

Who ever in my riding has the best chance of winning, other than conservative- get my vote. ABC.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Nothing you wrote above is true. When you have not one but several videos and pictures of Scheer or Hamish (who also isn't a racist, and it's silly and disengenous to suggest this) in blackface, call me. 

There were examples with factual reasons earlier in the thread- if you really are interested is a few pages back- it was presented to you before and you balked at the facts and refused to acknowledge the facts. It's there even if you refuse to believe them. 

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I am- I fully go into that with open eyes- I am not a liberal supporter- I am a thouroughly anti-conservative voter. ABC. 

Who ever in my riding has the best chance of winning, other than conservative- get my vote. ABC.

And I'm similar in that I vote ABC too (anyone but communists) - anyone but the commie Liberals, NDP or the awful Greens gets my vote. So there we go! 

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

There were examples with factual reasons earlier in the thread- if you really are interested is a few pages back- it was presented to you before and you balked at the facts and refused to acknowledge the facts. It's there even if you refuse to believe them. 

Examples of what? Please stop smearing extremely good hard-working people with this racist nonsense. Its disingenuous and embarrassing.  Time to forgive, accept apologies (as much as it pains me I can accept Blackface's totally fake apology) and move on to actual issues, not fake contrived issues that mean nothing.