Canadian Politics

18 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good point. 

Interestingly enough... Sheer shouldn't make any mention of the two planes-

yes, he should, because like the Blackface nonsense, once again Trudeau is being exposed as a giant hypocrite.  Well worth noting, for those that are capable of looking out behind partisan blinders.

dude has NO PLAN for climate change.

What does this statement even mean?  What "plan" could someone running a tiny country (population wise) have for "climate change", whatever that even means?  I have heard Scheer talk about using technological advances to help with this issue (if you in fact believe in this unproven hypothesis) and to me, that's far better than taxing people into oblivion, for no benefit to anyone anywhere.  

It's like Trudeau critiquing someone's make up application... JT: "Yeah you need to go darker around the edges and blend more..."

I don't get this comment at all.  Trudeau is a giant vacuous hypocrite.  It just baffles me how people fall all over themselves excusing this imbecile, over and over again.

9 minutes ago, iHeart said:

really.  You don't say, but then again I don't know if we have qualms about this like the US does I don't think they covered that in school

Elizabeth May was born in the US, and her Green Party is supported by US environmental groups, who purposely sabotage Canadian ability to find other markets for our oil.  

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Elizabeth May was born in the US, and her Green Party is supported by US environmental groups, who purposely sabotage Canadian ability to find other markets for our oil.  

well I  didn't know that, so I guess we don't have the same rule that the US does about having to be born in this country to be leader of the country or leader of a party

12 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well I  didn't know that, so I guess we don't have the same rule that the US does about having to be born in this country to be leader of the country or leader of a party

no we don't.  If we had that rule, John A. Macdonald would have just been a lawyer and never entered politics.  And Canada would have been poorer for it.  In fact, we may not even have existed as a country.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

no we don't.  If we had that rule, John A. Macdonald would have just been a lawyer and never entered politics.  And Canada would have been poorer for it.  In fact, we may not even have existed as a country.

I kind of forgot about that

Well, I am hoping for a Liberal Minority Government propped up by the NDP. I think that government would work nicely. Need to keep sheer as far away as possible from the levers of power... those would be dark days again. I need at least a 15 year break from that last conservative shitshow.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

13 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well, I am hoping for a Liberal Minority Government propped up by the NDP. I think that government would work nicely. Need to keep sheer as far away as possible from the levers of power... those would be dark days again. I need at least a 15 year break from that last conservative shitshow.

My feelings are the other way.  I want a break from the 4 year shitshow we've had to endure from Blackface Trudeau and his Tides Foundation jerks that are his puppet-masters.  No more of those dark days thank you.  I do think though that the only way we get a break from the dark days we are enduring is a Conservative majority.  Otherwise we'll have the Libs and New Dems gang up and form a government like the NDP and Greens did here in BC.  

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

My feelings are the other way.  I want a break from the 4 year shitshow we've had to endure from Blackface Trudeau and his Tides Foundation jerks that are his puppet-masters.  No more of those dark days thank you.  I do think though that the only way we get a break from the dark days we are enduring is a Conservative majority.  Otherwise we'll have the Libs and New Dems gang up and form a government like the NDP and Greens did here in BC.  

I love how after your big stink about forgiving past indiscretions as long as the people apologized and are contrite about it, yet every time- it's "blackface trudeau" this, "blackface trudeau" that, "blackface trudeau" for EVERYONE! 

It's kind of hypocritical don't you think?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

12 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

or like when they tried to 11 years ago, I hated hearing about it and it was the first time I ever voted in a federal election

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I love how after your big stink about forgiving past indiscretions as long as the people apologized and are contrite about it, yet every time- it's "blackface trudeau" this, "blackface trudeau" that, "blackface trudeau" for EVERYONE! 

It's kind of hypocritical don't you think?

No, it's not hypocritical at all.  Did I forgive Trudeau for this act of pure stupidity?  No.  I think that he should resign.  His hypocrisy is just too severe and stinky otherwise.  He's got zero integrity.  That I can't forgive.  But it seems others can forgive him, and good on them.  They can forgive Blackface boy.  It would be nice if they could be so forgiving for those of other political stripes too, who have committed far far less indiscretions than Blackface.

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

or like when they tried to 11 years ago, I hated hearing about it and it was the first time I ever voted in a federal election

The governor general didn't allow the coup d'tat to proceed, unlike here in BC where the lieutenant governor awarded the government to the NDP, even though they had no mandate.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

The governor general didn't allow the coup d'tat to proceed, unlike here in BC where the lieutenant governor awarded the government to the NDP, even though they had no mandate.

you know sometimes I wonder if the Governor General held any power at all in Canada outside of representing the Queen. I'm glad I know. I wonder if the GG would step in if we oh say had a situation like the US did in 2000 with their election

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

No, it's not hypocritical at all.  Did I forgive Trudeau for this act of pure stupidity?  No.  I think that he should resign.  His hypocrisy is just too severe and stinky otherwise.  He's got zero integrity.  That I can't forgive.  But it seems others can forgive him, and good on them.  They can forgive Blackface boy.  It would be nice if they could be so forgiving for those of other political stripes too, who have committed far far less indiscretions than Blackface.

Yet, sheers' senior staff is comprised of people with racist ties gets a pass? 

Yet, sheer is fine for accepting candidates who have made racist comments, ran racists groups and so on? This gets a pass? 

It maybe that it's not the racial element that is the issue here... more of a party/familial affiliation?

11 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yet, sheers' senior staff is comprised of people with racist ties gets a pass? 

yes, because this is silly disingenuous made up clap-trap.  "Racist ties" - come on man, you don't seriously believe this nonsense.

Yet, sheer is fine for accepting candidates who have made racist comments, ran racists groups and so on? This gets a pass? 

Yes, because they are sorry. But I'm not the one demanding that they resign, then getting caught with blackface, MULTIPLE times.  Therein lies the rub.  I can accept Trudeau's apology (in my case, only if he resigns, only because of the bar he himself set for others) but I can also accept the apology from others too if they genuinely are sorry for past actions.  Makes sense.  No one is perfect.  So much from the past when viewed through the current PC lens is now "racist" and "homophobic".  Fine.  People learn from their mistakes.  They stop covering themselves in shoe polish and wearing afro wigs. And we move on as a society and are better for it.

It maybe that it's not the racial element that is the issue here... more of a party/familial affiliation?

Now you are getting it.  That's exactly it.  If you can forgive Blackface for his horrible indiscretions, then everyone should be forgiven, as long as they show contrition.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 2019-10-01 at 7:43 AM, 17to85 said:

The real problem is that all the cuts and spending are targeted boutique things that are just trying to blatantly buy votes. No real long term plans by anyone just trying to grab enough votes to hold power. This is why people don't want to vote. 

Can't you say the same thing about the Liberals spending to target boutique things to blatantly buy votes? When voters don't hold politicians accountable for irresponsible spending then the governing party can just spend it's way to power every election. To never have balanced budgets is just a disgusting way to govern & it seems most Canadians east of Manitoba are so stupid that they just buy in. Hook. Line.  Sinker.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes, because this is silly disingenuous made up clap-trap.  "Racist ties" - come on man, you don't seriously believe this nonsense.

Just because you refuse to acknowledge the racist ties doesn't mean they are "silly disingenuous made up clap-trap". I have posted many times links with ties for you and even quoted you on them- so please stop saying I am full of **** when I call you out on stuff like this. I show you examples and evidence, you stick you fingers in your ears and clench your eyes shut- not much else I can do. 

Yes, because they are sorry. But I'm not the one demanding that they resign, then getting caught with blackface, MULTIPLE times.  Therein lies the rub.  I can accept Trudeau's apology (in my case, only if he resigns, only because of the bar he himself set for others) but I can also accept the apology from others too if they genuinely are sorry for past actions.  Makes sense.  No one is perfect.  So much from the past when viewed through the current PC lens is now "racist" and "homophobic".  Fine.  People learn from their mistakes.  They stop covering themselves in shoe polish and wearing afro wigs. And we move on as a society and are better for it.

But you continue to bring up the blackface- even after he apologized... and I don't think he's donned black face since he was 29 (I wouldn't be surprised if he did though...) yet you still hammer away abou tthe black face. Yet you give Sheer and anyone in the conservative party a pass... it just looks suspect- that you are truly indignant about one but not the other. 

Anyways- you do you, more power to that. 

Now you are getting it.  That's exactly it.  If you can forgive Blackface for his horrible indiscretions, then everyone should be forgiven, as long as they show contrition.

I don't forgive him for it. He did it. He wears it (pun intended). 

I also don't give sheer a pass for his choice in a senior staff that has racist ties, nor his campaigners with racist or sexist shenanigans- I try to be at least consistent.  

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Just because you refuse to acknowledge the racist ties

Dude, we are never going to agree on this.  If you honestly think that Scheer's team are a bunch of racists, I truly feel sorry for you.

But you continue to bring up the blackface- even after he apologized... and I don't think he's donned black face since he was 29 (I wouldn't be surprised if he did though...) yet you still hammer away abou tthe black face. Yet you give Sheer and anyone in the conservative party a pass... it just looks suspect- that you are truly indignant about one but not the other. 

You refuse to acknowledge this incredibly important point - it was Blackface boy who made himself the poster boy for Woke PC nonsense.  Not any of these Conservatives you seem obsessed with.  Therein lies the hypocrisy.  Trudeau is the one that demanded anyone not meeting the PC guidelines he himself was a big part of putting in place be banished.  And yet he refuses to hold himself to the same standards.  That is a MASSIVE distinction.  I am not cutting anyone a free pass, other than Blackface himself, because HE is the one that needs to resign, more than anyone else.  

Like the above though, we are never going to agree on this.  Blackface idiot will continue to be the leader of the Liberals.  He won't resign.  And this issue will, and should, dog him forever.

I also don't give sheer a pass for his choice in a senior staff that has racist ties, nor his campaigners with racist or sexist shenanigans- I try to be at least consistent.  

Yes, when it comes to inventing fake racist ties, you are very consistent.  

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

No.  Justin Trudeau is the hypocrite here actually.

In a 2005 blog post, Scheer questioned whether Michaëlle Jean was a good choice for Canada’s governor general.

“Does it bother you that she is a dual citizen (France and Canada)? Would it bother you if instead of French citizenship, she held U.S. citizenship?” Scheer, then a U.S. citizen, wrote.

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Dude, we are never going to agree on this.  If you honestly think that Scheer's team are a bunch of racists, I truly feel sorry for you.

You refuse to acknowledge this incredibly important point - it was Blackface boy who made himself the poster boy for Woke PC nonsense.  Not any of these Conservatives you seem obsessed with.  Therein lies the hypocrisy.  Trudeau is the one that demanded anyone not meeting the PC guidelines he himself was a big part of putting in place be banished.  And yet he refuses to hold himself to the same standards.  That is a MASSIVE distinction.  I am not cutting anyone a free pass, other than Blackface himself, because HE is the one that needs to resign, more than anyone else.  

Like the above though, we are never going to agree on this.  Blackface idiot will continue to be the leader of the Liberals.  He won't resign.  And this issue will, and should, dog him forever.

Yes, when it comes to inventing fake racist ties, you are very consistent.  

Ok, Whatever- you win. Your ignorance has triumphed over my patience. I'm out.

Gotta place you on ignore now. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yeah I could care less. It's the muricans who get a stiffy about this issue. Oh you gotta be born in the US to be President. What BS!