US Politics

Rich

12 hours ago, pigseye said:

I love this circular arguement. Trump is responsible for deaths in the states not the actual state government. Yet in Canada the provincial government is responsible for the deaths and not Trudeau. So why is that the blue states have twice the death rate as red states? How did Trump pull that off?

I'm not really crazy about going down this rabbit hole of an argument, but it's clear that blue states are more urban, more densely populated. Trump also flat out admitted that he would provide assistance to red states, and not so much blue states. If that isn't "blood on his hands" I don't know what is. If you aren't looking at the whole picture, then you aren't getting the whole story. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Refresh my memory, where you one of the "it's just the flu!!11!!" Types?

lol, I don't know how 'flu' is defined but the covid mortality rate is .02% world wide, what does that make it? 

The Spanish Flu was 2.5% but that is considered way under estimated

Hong Kong Flu was around 0.5%

Seasonal Flu is 0.01%

So, I guess it depends on what you are calling a Flu.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I believe Red State data like I believe the data from China. It's clearly manipulated.

Like I said, confirmation bias. 

11 minutes ago, itchy said:

I'm not really crazy about going down this rabbit hole of an argument, but it's clear that blue states are more urban, more densely populated. Trump also flat out admitted that he would provide assistance to red states, and not so much blue states. If that isn't "blood on his hands" I don't know what is. If you aren't looking at the whole picture, then you aren't getting the whole story. 

It's a really simple question, why blame the provinces and not the states? 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/29/884551391/florida-scientist-says-she-was-fired-for-not-manipulating-covid-19-data

Drink the Trump koolaid all the way down. Just open your mouth and he'll pour it in for you. 

Sorry for this,

Rebekah Jones: Fired Florida data scientist turns herself in to jail and tests positive for Covid-19 - CNN

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Who knows what it was supposed to prove. It's about deflecting and changing the subject. 

Your source is not credible. A disgruntled former employee with a conspiracy theory, lol. 

Not even worth a second look unless you really want it to be so. 

7 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Your source is not credible. A disgruntled former employee with a conspiracy theory, lol. 

Not even worth a second look unless you really want it to be so. 

Your argument is incoherent. I expect nothing less from you. 

Sorry, it's not up to your Rebel standards of just making up whatever you want to fit your alt-right narrative. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/us/florida-coronavirus-data-rebekah-jones.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/07/rebekah-jones-covid-19-dashboard-florida-desantis/

Can't help but laugh at the resident oxygen thief who "took a break" from this forum only to return and resort to the same antics of trolling and derailing threads.

It's pretty pathetic that it's allowed to continue once again.

(apparently not too self-aware, either)

Edited by blue_gold_84
can't fix stupid

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Your argument is incoherent. I expect nothing less from you. 

Sorry, it's not up to your Rebel standards of just making up whatever you want to fit your alt-right narrative. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/us/florida-coronavirus-data-rebekah-jones.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/07/rebekah-jones-covid-19-dashboard-florida-desantis/

Pay walled so I went to Wiki. Described as an activist and convicted cyberstalker with a restraining order against her. Like I said, not credible unless you really want to believe it. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

lol, I don't know how 'flu' is defined but the covid mortality rate is .02% world wide, what does that make it? 

Seasonal Flu is 0.01%

So a simple yes would have sufficed. So here's one for you, Alberta has had more covid 19 deaths this year than influenza deaths in the past 10 years.

But it's not that deadly!!

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So a simple yes would have sufficed. So here's one for you, Alberta has had more covid 19 deaths this year than influenza deaths in the past 10 years.

But it's not that deadly!!

Who never said it was deadly? You asked if I was one of the people who called it 'just a flu', flu's are deadly, the Spanish Flu wiped out 60 million people, flu's are no laughing matter including this one. 

if you have not read some of Marg's spewing, here

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/marjorie-taylor-greene-penned-conspiracy-theory-laser-beam-space-started-deadly-2018

madge kicked out of assignments. also

"WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy is claiming he's unfamiliar with an extremist conspiracy theory whose adherents joined the violent assault on Congress and hunted for his members as well as Democrats. He says he’s not even learned how to pronounce it.

This, despite his denunciation of the same conspiracy theorists months ago.

Rep. KEVIN McCARTHY: “Q-on, I don’t know if I say it right. I don’t even know what it is.” —"

good lord these people are stupid.

Edited by Mark F

51 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Who never said it was deadly? You asked if I was one of the people who called it 'just a flu', flu's are deadly, the Spanish Flu wiped out 60 million people, flu's are no laughing matter including this one. 

The coronavirus is not influenza in any way, shape, or form. That's been covered in this sub-forum already a few times - in multiple threads. Coronavirus and influenza are two different types of viruses. The science was settled on that long ago.

For someone who claims to "follow the science," you get the science wrong all too often.

Edited by blue_gold_84

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

Seasonal Flu is 0.01%

I guess you missed this part.

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The coronavirus is not influenza in any way, shape, or form. That's been covered in this sub-forum already a few times - in multiple threads. Coronavirus and influenza are two different types of viruses. The science was settled on that long ago.

For someone who claims to "follow the science," you get the science wrong all too often.