US Politics

Rich

https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-bannons-lawyers-defect-after-batshit-call-for-fauci-beheading?ref=home

Steve Bannon’s Lawyers Defect After Batshit Call for Fauci Beheading

Published Nov. 06, 2020 2:06PM ET 

Steve Bannon’s lawyers have finally had enough. One day after the former Trump aide dreamed about putting Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray’s heads on pikes—like the old times—his legal team announced they’re withdrawing from his border-wall scam case. “Mr. Bannon is in the process of retaining new counsel, and Quinn Emanuel intends to move to withdraw,” William Burck, Bannon’s litigator at the white-shoe law firm, said in a filing. “As a result, Mr. Bannon respectfully requests that the status conference in this matter be adjourned for three weeks so that he may formally retain new counsel.” Burck didn’t elaborate on the move, but it comes after Bannon called for the beheadings on his “War Room” podcast. “I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I’d put the heads on pikes, right? I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats,” he said.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Bush 2000 recount lawyer says Trump election suits are 'entirely without merit' - Andrew Chung

So long as lawyers like John Yoo (who cobbled together "legal" justification for torture) are around and the GOP has money to fund them, the charade will go on. I hope Trump emerges from under his rock and goes on a public hissy-fit.

Well now he can get black out drunk at home for the next while

ANOTHER HIGH-PROFILE MEMBER OF THE PRESIDENT’S circle tested positive: GOP Rep. MATT GAETZ of Florida told multiple people on Capitol Hill and in the White House that he too had contracted the virus. GAETZ and his staff did not reply to a request for comment.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

ANOTHER HIGH-PROFILE MEMBER OF THE PRESIDENT’S circle tested positive: GOP Rep. MATT GAETZ of Florida told multiple people on Capitol Hill and in the White House that he too had contracted the virus. GAETZ and his staff did not reply to a request for comment.

The guy who mocked the virus, by wearing a gas mask in the House.   Same guy who opposed paid sick leave for workers with the virus.....

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

24 minutes ago, do or die said:

The guy who mocked the virus, by wearing a gas mask in the House.   Same guy who opposed paid sick leave for workers with the virus.....

Just now, bustamente said:

I know ........................shocking also thoughts and prayers

Thoughts and prayers? Nope. Just a plate full of **** yous for that *******.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Sorry if this is a repost...  I may have had some dust in my eyes while watching this.

Bravo to Van Jones and CNN by going through with this question and answer. So sincere and from the heart. We have no idea what he, his family, and people of colour have to go through each and everyday in that country, but I hope most of us stand with him and share his feelings on this issue.

43 minutes ago, do or die said:

a sharpie in the right hands can change the path of a hurricane!

you get the feeling that some of these  judges dont want the trump stench clinging to their reputations.

Edited by Mark F

good series at Slate "goodbye" to the trump minions heres one for jared

Who ever imagined the world would open so many doors, to give you so many options? But really, for a bright young man who knows how things work, why not? Coronavirus medical logistics expert, Middle East peace negotiator, campaign manager, criminal justice reformer, technology implementer, government systems innovator—that was you, all of it, all you.

Now what? Reach into the pocket of your skinny suit, and get out your phone. Try sending another encrypted DM to your good friend and fellow global dignitary Mohammed bin Salman to see what’s up, what you can do for him. What? “Safety number changed.” Huh, how about that. Scroll down, try another name, maybe one of the Chinese oligarchs? Nothing there, either. The Kuwaitis? Hmm. Oh, that incoming call? That’s your mortgage lender. Good luck!

https://slate.com/

Edited by Mark F