US Politics

Rich

Aya Hijazi, an American aid worker who spent nearly three years jailed in Egypt before President Donald Trump personally intervened, endorsed Trump’s Democratic presidential rival Joe Biden on Monday.
She said that after her release in April 2017, Trump focused on himself rather than her ordeal.
“Trump leaned in & said, ‘You know it’s I who released you, don’t you? I succeeded & Obama failed’ in the most vulnerable moment of my life, 48 hrs after releasing me from prison,” Hijazi tweeted, attaching a picture of the White House event Trump held after she returned to the U.S. “It was never about me like it was never about us. It’s about his ego. We deserve better #VoteBiden.”

There are millions of mail in ballots to be counted. This will not be decided tonight despite what the right will tell you. 

Biden will get enough votes bit will they be counted? Doubt it in the Banana Republic. 

Imagine living in a country that can't provide health care for all and messes with elections this way? 

Thankfully I live in a first world country and not down South. 

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I thought CNN was bad but Yahoo shows Biden 2 x as many votes as Trump.

vr2Xztm.jpg

No.they don't. 

They show him leading and likely in states that were always safe. 

4 years ago, the map was the same. 

Biden was always going to win CA, WA and OR. 

Fox is calling AZ for Biden. Big, if true. Map to victory much easier. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

No.they don't. 

They show him leading and likely in states that were always safe. 

4 years ago, the map was the same. 

Biden was always going to win CA, WA and OR. 

Fox is calling AZ for Biden. Big, if true. Map to victory much easier. 

Arizona is a big pick up for Biden, he might even win Idaho, makes his path a little easier but he needs Wisconsin and Michigan

Edited by bustamente

You think that Trump wanted a winner declared tonight for funsies? This is exactly what was expected. Republican lead on election night, a pile of absentee ballots from democrats to be counted. The republican party is very good at making sure their votes count and that democrats have a hard time getting their voters out or their votes counted. The entire plan was voter suppression. 

What I think though, is that as many conservative judges as there are out there, a very large majority of them still hold the law in high enough esteem to not  play Trumps game. Now obviously 2 of his lackeys on the supreme court will do what they're told, but the rest of them? Not as likely to just give this lunatic what they want. 

Polling is not that flawed despite how much republicans will yell about it, and people don't turn out in such numbers to give a controversial candidate another mandate. If it is somehow decided that Trump wins then it is absolutely because of rat-******* by the republican party. 

Mitch McConnell was never in any danger of losing his seat, and Lindsey Graham was never a long shot. Texas was not going blue just like that. It's the fact that some of these races were close that is the story. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Biden saying he'll transition away from oil & gas, fracking as well as pipelines & then Denocrats wonder why Trump will probably win Texas. 

Texas was never flipping, the story is a long term one, and that is that Texas is moving from red to purple. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Obviously that isn't what the Democrats thougfht going into this election. 

Yes it is. Once the polling showed a close race people started hoping, but no one seriously thought Texas was in play. 

Like I said, the excitement comes form the fact that Texas is moving away from being a Republican stronghold into something that might be in play. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Yes it is. Once the polling showed a close race people started hoping, but no one seriously thought Texas was in play. 

Like I said, the excitement comes form the fact that Texas is moving away from being a Republican stronghold into something that might be in play. 

Well, same thing in FL, MI, OH, Penn & WI then as well. It was a Red Wall 4 years ago. Guess they never really thought they'd win there either. No one really thought those States were in play either.