US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

so, how many of them are out?

So far, 2. Possibly a 3rd and forth come Jan5th run off. 

I missed the days when I didn't give A F about the names in the US senate. Since trump became POTUS, I know the names of 80% carbonate members (past and present), most of his enablers and most of his damn family- there should be no reason to know that much... when people were doing a competent Job in the Whitehouse... I didn't even know the press secretary's name...

I am looking forward to tuning out again.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So far, 2. Possibly a 3rd and forth come Jan5th run off. 

I missed the days when I didn't give A F about the names in the US senate. Since trump became POTUS, I know the names of 80% carbonate members (past and present), most of his enablers and most of his damn family- there should be no reason to know that much... when people were doing a competent Job in the Whitehouse... I didn't even know the press secretary's name...

I am looking forward to tuning out again.

I miss the days when I didn't give a crap about any news story out there, it wasn't until I got interested in history in 6th grade that suddenly I was more aware of the world around me (6th grade was when I learned what the Holocaust was, and granted they did not teach this stuff in my 6th grade class, I learned this on my own) I mean there's a reason why I had said in at least a couple of posts that I said that I wish I could take a time travel vacation

The clearest clinical definition of insanity is the inability to act in one's own best interests. That says it all about the US these days. 

Edgar Cayce was a seer who lived about 1885 to1945 and made many accurate predictions, said that if America did not resolve its class divisions and struggles, it would lapse into internal violence, economic and political decline and be broken down the middle along the Mississippi river through geologic upheavals. During this time, power would pass to the west. Seems to be coming to pass.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/03/donald-trump-julius-caesar-433956

America Is Eerily Retracing Rome’s Steps to a Fall. Will It Turn Around Before It’s Too Late?
Two thousand years ago, the famous Republic had a chance to reject a dangerous populist. It failed, and the rest is history.

-Frightening parallels

Edited by Tracker

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

When nobody steps up, we remember..

Enablers need to be held responsible for everything this administration has done in the last four years, that includes everyone who carried out Trump's direction, defied subpoenas claiming executive immunity, and furthered Trump's lies. There will be many investigation committee's in the new year, either you show up and testify, plead the 5th or go to jail.

reality check comment at salon:

Stop kidding yourselves. The GOP is going to be very powerful for another generation, at least. The US Constitution guarantees it. Half the Senate is controlled by twenty-five states comprising fifteen percent of the US population. That is Republican veto power over laws and judges forever. Amending the constitution to change it is even worse as thirteen states, comprising about five percent of the US population can block any amendment. Republicans do not have to change to retain veto power and periodically get control of the White House even though it is likely they will never again receive a majority of votes nationwide for president. Address those facts with something more than unicorns before you try to assert that the cult that is now the GOP cannot retain massive power for the rest of the lives of everyone reading these words.

16 hours ago, iHeart said:

you mean Mitch is no longer SML?

No, it means that in both senate races in Georgia didn't produce a victor with >50% of the vote. What happens then is they take the top two candidates and hold a special "run-off" race on January 5th to decide who is the senator. Depending on how many seats the Democrats pick up either one or both of those seats would be needed to secure a majority in the senate- therefore the "decide who controls the senate". Be assured that if the republicans retain control- McConnel will still be SML- being the ruthless, soulless, shameless and devoid of compassion husk of a human that he is.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

No, it means that in both senate races in Georgia didn't produce a victor with >50% of the vote. What happens then is they take the top two candidates and hold a special "run-off" race on January 5th to decide who is the senator. Depending on how many seats the Democrats pick up either one or both of those seats would be needed to secure a majority in the senate- therefore the "decide who controls the senate". Be assured that if the republicans retain control- McConnel will still be SML- being the ruthless, soulless, shameless and devoid of compassion husk of a human that he is.

Remember, the Dems only need 50 seats in the Senate. In case of a tie vote, the deciding vote is cast by the VP, who happens to be...

tenor.gif?itemid=18722218

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Remember, the Dems only need 50 seats in the Senate. In case of a tie vote, the deciding vote is cast by the VP, who happens to be...

tenor.gif?itemid=18722218

Yup- if Cunningham wins in N. Carolina, the Democrats would have 49- so then one of the two run-offs in Georgia would need to flip Blue for control of the senate.

voter fraud is double win for trump. if he wins, its notwithstanding voter fraud, if he loses its because of voter fraud.

similar to other right wing drivel, like trickle down economics, just keep repeating it, people will think its true, even when it clearly is not.

Edited by Mark F