US Politics

Rich

Cops Pepper-Spray Voters as They March to Polls in NC

“I saw a little girl, probably five, being carried off sobbing and coughing. She was dressed as a fairy or a princess,” one attendee said.

GRAHAM, North Carolina—On the final day of early voting in North Carolina, police in Alamance County pepper-sprayed a group of voters who were marching to the polls, leaving demonstrators injured and vomiting in the streets.

At least one journalist was arrested in the chaotic showdown on Saturday in Alamance County, a red county but one that may decide which party controls the state legislature next year.

About 250 people—most of them Black—were taking part in an event called I Am Change Legacy March to the Polls and on their penultimate stop before visiting a polling place in downtown Graham when cops intervened.

The naked truth is that Trump and the GOP will resort to any means at their disposal to retain power. Violence, intimidation, semi-legal obstruction, and voter suppression are all fair game so far they are concerned. They have enlisted/bought enough African-Americans to provide the thinnest of veneers of respectibility, much as Hitler enlisted Jewish lawyers in pre-war Germany to calm Jewish fears.

republicans probably hope for something similar to almgore v bush mess.

Media organizations[3][4][5] later analyzed the ballots and found that, under any considered criteria, the originally pursued, limited county-based recounts would have confirmed a Bush victory, whereas a state-wide recount would have revealed a Gore victory. 

gore wouldnt have invaded iraq, and wouldnhave started the transition to renewable.

doubt that we can expect better from the current group.

Edited by Mark F

37 minutes ago, Mark F said:

republicans probably hope for something similar to almgore v bush mess.

Media organizations[3][4][5] later analyzed the ballots and found that, under any considered criteria, the originally pursued, limited county-based recounts would have confirmed a Bush victory, whereas a state-wide recount would have revealed a Gore victory. 

gore wouldnt have invaded iraq, and wouldnhave started the transition to renewable.

doubt that we can expect better from the current group.

Hoping? They are actively trying to recreate Bush v Gore. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Not one of these Republicans deserve to represent their constituents. They all failed by their inaction and complicity.

55-D8-A140-AB29-47-B2-A052-0-F84686-FDC2

good I could use a Bingo card, even though I plan on cleaning up my workspace in my room 

yeah I agree with Speed, those two being gone=Big Blow, I mean if at least half of them of the 19 were voted out

Paul Ryan saw what was going on & how he had to compromise his principles to support Trump & he got out ending a promising political career. At least he got out with his reputation relatively intact. But McConnell & Graham totally bent over for Trump & it was disgusting. The other GOP Senators just fell into line because of it. In 2 years time, hopefully Ted Cruz & Marco Rubio suffer the same fate. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

good I could use a Bingo card, even though I plan on cleaning up my workspace in my room 

yeah I agree with Speed, those two being gone=Big Blow, I mean if at least half of them of the 19 were voted out

Nothing less than a massive repudiation of Trump and the GOP will serve to save the US and the Republican party.  A close win for the Democrats will only strengthen the right-wing/white supremacists belief that they are the natural ruling party of America and all the crap they have pulled is now acceptable politics. We can only hope that Biden, upon winning, will immediately appoint a special prosecutor or prosecutors to bring all of this rotten administration into court.  I fear that Trump will demand an unconditional pardon for himself and maybe his immediate family or he will loose his rabid followers onto American streets. We already know that the majority of police will turn a blind eye onto right-wing violence, and most of the rest will remain silent behind the blue wall.

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Nothing less than a massive repudiation of Trump and the GOP will serve to save the US and the Republican party.  A close win for the Democrats will only strengthen the right-wing/white supremacists belief that they are the natural ruling party of America and all the crap they have pulled is now acceptable politics. We can only hope that Biden, upon winning, will immediately appoint a special prosecutor or prosecutors to bring all of this rotten administration into court.  I fear that Trump will demand an unconditional pardon for himself and maybe his immediate family or he will loose his rabid followers onto American streets. We already know that the majority of police will turn a blind eye onto right-wing violence, and most of the rest will remain silent behind the blue wall.

and hopefully expand the supreme court and nominate Obama for that extra seat (yes it actually can happen I looked it up...the part about former presidents serving on the supreme court)

Edited by iHeart

14 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We already know that the majority of police will turn a blind eye onto right-wing violence, and most of the rest will remain silent behind the blue wall.

I agree with most of what you said, but not this part.

Depending on what goes down, there will be enough good cops to oppose a right wing takeover.

49 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I agree with most of what you said, but not this part.

Depending on what goes down, there will be enough good cops to oppose a right wing takeover.

Where have these been in protesting the conduct of the racist members of their forces? In military and para-military forces, the recruits are conditioned to maintain a united front at all times and obey commands without question.

Cumberland County officials received an email this week from the Trump campaign requesting highly specific details about the county’s ballot security.

The email, obtained by The Sentinel, went so far as to ask for the address and room numbers of ballot storage locations, and requested that the information be sent to the Gmail account of a Florida-based Trump operative.

County officials said they have not responded to the request and do not intend to, according to the county commissioners.

Edited by Mark F