US Politics

Rich

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

“Relying on naturally obtaining herd immunity would be “scientifically and ethically problematic”, Tedros said. “Allowing a dangerous virus that we don’t fully understand to run free is simply unethical. It’s not an option.”
https://apple.news/AiV4wjJzlRWWCL61XJb_4Sg

13 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I fail to see how the two are exclusive? 

The article is saying that herd immunity is immoral. You are saying the WHO says to stop lockdowns as primary virus control. The two statements are not mutually exclusive. You can have other systems and protocols in place and not have to chase Herd Immunity.

55 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The biggest error in judgement on Covid response in the states was New York governor Cuomo. He literally implemented a policy that required nursing homes to accept clients who already had covid which ended up leading to a massively high fatality rate in New York. 

I see your Cuomo and raise you a Desantis. 

One made a mistake at the beginning of the pandemic when little was known about the virus,; the other willfully disregards the science and endangers countless people by ignoring the pandemic and spits in the face of evidence based decision making. I know which of the two I would crown with the title of "biggest error in judgement on Covid response"

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

31 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I see your Cuomo and raise you a Desantis. 

One made a mistake at the beginning of the pandemic when little was known about the virus,; the other willfully disregards the science and endangers countless people by ignoring the pandemic and spits in the face of evidence based decision making. I know which of the two I would crown with the title of "biggest error in judgement on Covid response"

One admitted his error and stated it was "on him"
The other, well....

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

The biggest error in judgement on Covid response in the states was New York governor Cuomo. He literally implemented a policy that required nursing homes to accept clients who already had covid which ended up leading to a massively high fatality rate in New York. 

I beg to differ.

May 10, 2018 at 3:32 p.m. CD

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

The abrupt departure of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council means no senior administration official is now focused solely on global health security. Ziemer’s departure, along with the breakup of his team, comes at a time when many experts say the country is already underprepared for the increasing risks of a pandemic or bioterrorism attack.

40 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I beg to differ.

May 10, 2018 at 3:32 p.m. CD

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

The abrupt departure of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council means no senior administration official is now focused solely on global health security. Ziemer’s departure, along with the breakup of his team, comes at a time when many experts say the country is already underprepared for the increasing risks of a pandemic or bioterrorism attack.

Oh yeah, that was a bone headed move- I remember when that was announced.... I was totally confused by the short-sightedness and stupidity of the move, then my confusion lifted when I remembered what administration we are dealing with here.

Really??

Internet this week.

In a recent report on Barrett’s notable opinions, the Associated Press highlighted a 2019 workplace discrimination ruling that Barrett wrote for a unanimous three-judge panel.

According to the the report, Barrett said that there was no evidence that use of the n-word “created a hostile or abusive working environment.”

Anyone else find it a little premature to place someone on the SCOTUS, when they have been a judge for less than 3 years? Is this unusual? 

I guess it's like all of trump's appointees, cabinet, and administration- light on actual experience in the role they thrust into. 

I was curious to see if less than three years experience was an abnormality. 

Republicans putting out decoy, real looking ballot collection boxes in CA.

Republicans call it "ballot harvesting"

:lol:

sure sounds like Don the Con's idea.

print-icon.png  
  email-icon.png  

SACRAMENTO, CALIF. -- California's chief elections official on Monday ordered Republicans to remove unofficial ballot drop boxes from churches, gun shops and other locations and Attorney General Xavier Becerra warned those behind the "vote tampering" could face prosecution.

Republicans refused, saying they are taking advantage of California's liberal ballot collection law that allows anyone to collect ballots from voters and deliver them to county election offices.

"As of right now, we're going to continue our ballot harvesting program," California Republican Party spokesman Hector Barajas said.

What a bunch of crazy kids!

28 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, he looks fairly stable..

VOTE TRUMP.... OR I'LL SUCK YOUR BLOOOOD!!!!

Edited by Mark F

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I fail to see how the two are exclusive? 

The article is saying that herd immunity is immoral. You are saying the WHO says to stop lockdowns as primary virus control. The two statements are not mutually exclusive. You can have other systems and protocols in place and not have to chase Herd Immunity.

It is because some people want to live in a black and white world and can't grasp the nuance that exists in nearly everything.