US Politics

Rich

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Only at people who can't see the truth. Trump was a racist long before he was pregnant he has done nothing to change it. Dunno why people constantly make excuses for him.

Yeah.. He's a systemic racist and has shown that like many other on many occasions. However, I've yet to see evidence that he hates people who are of a different race than him. In fact I think he's done a lot more than previous presidents for the African American community. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Yeah.. He's a systemic racist and has shown that like many other on many occasions. However, I've yet to see evidence that he hates people who are of a different race than him. In fact I think he's done a lot more than previous presidents for the African American community. 

the fact he enables and excuses white supremacists and fosters hate for Black people is enough. Just because you haven't heard him personally denigrate and view people of Colour (many people are on record saying he slagged people of Colour) doesn't mean he is not a racist. His actions that enable and embolden hate crimes is enough to say he is a racist. 

He's done more for the Black community? Yeah, sure. 

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Do you always scream and swear when somebody disagrees with you?

Yeah, good point. 

I totally disagree with you, 100%- but I respect your opinion and I can see why you would support him if your main issue is war mongering. 

I am concerned with  war mongering, but it is lower on my "issues list" and therefore not going to sway me from my anti-trump. I also firmly believe that if war mongering would benefit trump, he would be bombing the **** out of countries and getting the boys over there with boots on the ground, before you can say "very fine people on both sides".

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

35 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, good point. 

I totally disagree with you, 100%- but I respect your opinion and I can see why you would support him if your main issue is war mongering. 

I am concerned with  war mongering, but it is lower on my "issues list" and therefore not going to sway me from my anti-trump. I also firmly believe that if war mongering would benefit trump, he would be bombing the **** out of countries and getting the boys over there with boots on the ground, before you can say "very fine people on both sides".

I totally agree with you that he largely is a fake person. He views politics the way that one my view a business start up. You find out what the people want and then you take on those positions.  If you follow through on those promises then you will get repeat customers. Like nobody believes he found God for example. But he's done a better job of giving the evangelical vote what they want then other republican presidents. While he does like a lot. Especially when it comes to boasting his accomplishments and also not being honest about things he's done in his life that would hurt his presidency. I feel like he genuinely tries to implement the policies he was elected on. So in that way he's more honest than some presidents. 

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

the fact he enables and excuses white supremacists and fosters hate for Black people is enough. Just because you haven't heard him personally denigrate and view people of Colour (many people are on record saying he slagged people of Colour) doesn't mean he is not a racist. His actions that enable and embolden hate crimes is enough to say he is a racist. 

He's done more for the Black community? Yeah, sure. 

Im not sure what you're referring to in terms of fostering hate for Black People and enables and excuses white supremacists. I hope you aren't referring to the Proud Boys who are 100 horrible things but certainly not white supremacists. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

That’s what he keep telling us, although I see no proof in black and white.

He's pardoned several african americans. He pushed through the historic criminal justice reform bill that repeals some of the horrible policies that disproportionately affected African Americans that Biden passed and then bragged about. He also promised the African American community jobs before being elected and then African American employment rates ended up being at all time highs.  Going forward he's planning on investing 500 billion dollars into building up African American business and is pledging to label the KKK as a terrorist organization which will open up all kinds of powers to go after white supremacists. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

But you believe him..

I’m not going to dispute what you said, but I have strong doubt that he initiated anything that benefits minorities. That’s just not him.

He has though..  Well its mostly been Jared Kushner pushing him to do these things. But again. I don't look to a politician to provide sincerity. I look to a politician to implement things that i think are right and justified. I can assure you that there's no way the Republicans would have supported that justice reform bill had it not been for Trump. Obama tried to get the bill passed but was never able to. Trump will have made backroom deals with them to make it happen. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

That ‘mad woman’ ‘monster’ Kamala Harris might disagree.

His word, not mine.

Of coarse she would be she has a horrible record on criminal justice and now she's pretending to be a progressive. 

I think Tusli Gabbard said it best in the debate that forced Kamala Harris to step out of the ring. 

Don’t deflect. 

We were talking about Trump. 

And right now, I’m watching 60 minutes where the Lincoln Project is ripping that guy all over the place...and rightly so. 
And they know they’re finished within the Republican Party. 

“Mourning in America”

And they buy space every night on Fox News to get under his skin because they know he watches that putrid channel all the time.

”Women move off of support to Trump, then their husbands follow.“
“Deeply embedded racism”

“We’re not out of it until the job is done”

There's all kinds of different waves of people who are either leaving the republicans or leaving the Democrats.  There's the #Blexit movement of African Americans who are leaving the democratic party and getting behind Donald Trump led by Candace Owens. There's also a movement of democrats who want to see some abortion laws regarding things like 3rd trimester abortions who are being completely shut out by the Democratic party. They aren't able to have a conversation within their party about the issues whereas the Republicans are willing to talk to them to find common ground.

The Lincoln Project seems to be republican strategists who have worked with neocons like John McCain and George Bush.  Believe me their problem isn't racisms. There problem is that Donald Trump stole their party and drained these types of people out of the party and attacked their long standing war policy.   They want to view Russia like its still the cold war. But like Obama pointed out to John McCain in one of their presidential debates regarding Russia. "The 1980's called. They want their foreign policy back". Its really unfortunate that Hillary Clinton was looking for a narrative that would take attention away from the substance of the leaked emails about what she was doing to Bernie Sanders. I think all this anti-Russia propaganda has really set things back. Don't get me wrong, Putin is a bad dude. But Democrats and Republicans have no problems getting into bed with an even worse regime like the one in Saudi Arabia. 

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Then open your ******* eyes.

Yeah people don't ever want to be known as a trump supporter because that leads to people thinking less of them. They just happen to like what he does. 

Well sorry to saying you like what trumpnis doing you are a Trump supporter. Just own it. 

Keep up the good work!   You do a great job of shutting down people for having different views in the world and driving them away from the site!   

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This statement makes no sense. 

Well there are two types of racism that is often spoken about these days. One is Systemic. This is the type of racism that is almost subconscious. As an example. A white person might encounter several young African Americans when they go out for a walk. They may feel scared or something and walk to the other side of the street. That same white person would encounter several young white teenagerers and think they look like young punks but walk right past them. This would be an example of on a subconscious racism. And then there are pure racists like those in the Alt-Right and KKK ect. Who hate people who are not white, don't want to associate with them, and are fully aware of their hatred. These are two very different things. Everyone to some degree on some level is a systemic racist however most people are no full on racists.   

17 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

No? He was sued in the 70s by the justice department for discrimination in his renting practices against African Americans... he took out full page ads in newspapers calling for the execution of black people who were already exonerated of the rape/murder they were accused of... he campaigned on the idea that Mexicans were criminals and then went about putting Mexican immigrants in concentration camps ripping families apart and even going so far as genocide. He won't denounce white supremacists, what do you think the dogwhistle about saving the suburbs is really about? 

The man is a racist and shows it constantly. Don't handwoven away the constant dog whistling he does. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No? He was sued in the 70s by the justice department for discrimination in his renting practices against African Americans... he took out full page ads in newspapers calling for the execution of black people who were already exonerated of the rape/murder they were accused of... he campaigned on the idea that Mexicans were criminals and then went about putting Mexican immigrants in concentration camps ripping families apart and even going so far as genocide. He won't denounce white supremacists, what do you think the dogwhistle about saving the suburbs is really about? 

The man is a racist and shows it constantly. Don't handwoven away the constant dog whistling he does. 

You put me in a difficult situation here because for most of these things I agree with you that Trump was in the wrong and am much more comfortable arguing with someone who would state that Trump did absolutely no wrong in these instances. However, I view your take on these events as somewhat of an exaggeration. 

In terms of separating families and holding them in hold areas at the border Trump was continuing a policy that was implemented by Obama and was using he cages Obama built. The only thing that changed under Trump in this regard is that he no longer sent people back with a warning as Obama was doing in many cases. He felt that you should be processing each case before turning the individual/individuals back because then when you had a repeat there could be stiffer penalties for breaking the law the second time. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/live-updates/election-2020/third-democratic-debate-analysis-and-fact-checking/fact-checker-biden-on-immigration-policy/?arc404=true

The situation with presuming guilt of the young Black men in Central Park.  He called for the death penalty to be re-instated after the individuals had confessed to the crime of rape and murder.  I can't find any evidence of him calling for them to face the death penalty after he became aware that they were innocent of the murder/rape charge. He was critical of a documentary on the subject because it presented these individuals as having been completely innocent wrong place wrong time. Multiple rioters had identified them as being involved in multiple beatings in central park that night. Now, I can't attest to what is true and what is not true in all of this because I'm not privy to the evidence. However,  we don't have any reason to believe that Trump was motivated by a hatred towards African Americans. The way i view it he was more likely to believe that they were guilty perhaps because of their skin color which is systemic racism.

Regarding Mexican Immigrants. Trump was completely wrong to say the things he said because he focused too much on the bad apples in those comments during his first speech. He's a horrible communicator and he should have not only taken a softer tone but he should have made a much clearer distinction between the average undocumented immigrant who is coming to america for the jobs that are being made available to them and the gangs that are coming into the country across the border. Trump was criticized by fellow Republicans during the debates for his plan to greatly increase legal Mexican Immigration after they've secured the border.