US Politics

Rich

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This settles it then, Mitt's one of the good guys!

If one claims to hate politicians who say do anything to get elected no matter what their previous " moral conviction" was then Romney should be on the list.

And leftists especially should note hes a predatory capitalist which should check off another box for you.

Like Bolton and Avenatti dont make this guy your hero of the moment

1 minute ago, do or die said:

No more than:

Sessions, Carson, Devos, Chao, Perry, Ross, Zinke, Pompeo, Pruitt, Mulvany, Price and a host of others.   All current or ex-members of Trump's cabinet.   The other common denominator:   All Uber lobbyists for a host of special interests.   Record setting levels of lobbyists, with this administration (you can look it up) in fact.  

Yet all these deluded idiots, keep screaming "swamp" every time Trump runs into any opposition or criticism from anybody.  They fail to understand, that with Trump, they are neck deep in it. Everything is wrong, alright

Never defended the guys Trump surrounded himself with. Horrible decisions and or accepting horrible advice to hire them on Trumps part.

5 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Never defended the guys Trump surrounded himself with. Horrible decisions and or accepting horrible advice to hire them on Trumps part.

You have to understand that they really have a lot in common, with the guy that hired them.

ps, MItt is simply one of a legion of ole time Senate hacks (on both sides of the bench)......no hero of mine.   Besides, if he was still running for his seat.... he would probably kowtow like the rest of the Republican lemmings..

Edited by do or die

1 hour ago, do or die said:

You have to understand that they really have a lot in common, with the guy that hired them.

Romney, like the rest of them , could easily be Democrats, not one iota of ideological difference except the level of corporate tax cuts. And thats assuming they have an ideology besides the love of  six, seven figure private sector jobs and public sector sinicures.

Edited by Zontar

Mitt had his revenge. And good for him.  Anyone can disagree wirh his policies. That’s what politics is but trump has changed it.  

Romney did the right thing and deserves respect.  He stuck it to the idiot and rightfully so.   And whether you like him or not he’s probably one of the few GOP who isn’t compromised.   If Russia hacked his email they’d probably fall asleep.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

I'm happy Romney did the right thing but I'm still not happy about the PBS comments he made 8 years ago, and I wish McCain was still here so he could have voted to impeach Trump's ass too

and as for that acquittal, let's just say I wish I had my hands on the Infinity Gauntlet and the stones (or Eleven's powers)

Edited by iHeart

Wonder if Trump has some dirt on Mitch, and some of the other Republlican "leaders".

I would be surprised if he hasn't tried and been able to find  dirt to hold over  anyone that has something he needs.

This is what he understands.

So far, he's been running rampant, and, given a free pass. 

American system is looking rickety.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Wonder if Trump has some dirt on Mitch, and some of the other Republlican "leaders".

I would be surprised if he hasn't tried and been able to find  dirt to hold over  anyone that has something he needs.

Russians have dirt on em most likely. Remember ol  moscow Mitch has been awfully good to russian oligarchs.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Russians have dirt on em most likely. Remember ol  moscow Mitch has been awfully good to russian oligarchs.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

He gets lots of money from the Russian's. Even helped them get set up in Kentucky. 

The GOP is corrupt. Full of racist criminals. 

Oh Hey...

https://time.com/5651345/rusal-investment-braidy-kentucky/

This happened right after they (The GOP) lifted sanctions against russia- criming in plain sight is the new thing. 

So after Susan Collins, Alexander and some other Senate stooges spent the week warbling about how Trump had "learned his lesson" and "wouldn't do anything like that, again"

Big surprise:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481569-trump-dismissed-collins-comment-that-he-would-learn-from-impeachment-report 

Bottom line: this acquittal* simply encourages and validates Trump to further abuse his power.  

Have to wonder if these people are being deliberately obtuse or are simply delusional.

Just in:

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) on Wednesday acknowledged that her stated belief that President Trump had learned a lesson from impeachment was "aspirational," saying that she "may not be correct on that."

Edited by do or die

13 hours ago, Mark F said:

Remember, Russia hacked the RNC too.  But they only leaked the DNC emails.  How many of those clowns are compromised?  A whole bunch.  

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The whole political situation in the US is sad. This Impeachment just seems to have entrenched people in their previously held camp (ie Dems he is guilty and Reps- This is a witch hunt). Country still divided and nothing important is getting done.

Just a reminder that Cocaine Mitch is holding up the legislation in the Senate. So, it's the just the GOP doing nothing. 

41 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The whole political situation in the US is sad. This Impeachment just seems to have entrenched people in their previously held camp (ie Dems he is guilty and Reps- This is a witch hunt). Country still divided and nothing important is getting done.

Isn't there like ... 400+ bills that were passed in the House that are waiting to hit floor in the sena- oh yeah Moscow-mitch. I don't think impeachment is the reason nothing is getting done...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy