US Politics

Rich

9 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

You are aware that David Duke has endorsed a Democratic candidate as his next choice for President, aren't you (Tulsi Gabbard)? Or that he recently praised Ilhan Omar? (They are a bit in opposition to Trump's policies...just saying).

Well, my point was that people like this guy........ along with Hannity, Alex Jones and other far right wing megaphones have spent the last 2 decades, poisoning the well  - a big part in why America is so polarized. 
An entire generation of white "victims" caught in the thrall of perceived persecution, zany conspiracy theories, isolationism, ignorance and bigotry. 

I know Trump loves this stuff and always panders to his insipid base.....but to give that drugged out, bellowing Limbaugh cretin, the Medal of Freedom completely debases it.

10 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Supposedly the most electable Democrat, Biden , just got trucked by an elderly communist, fake Indian and a gay small town mayor. Ouch.

Sleepy Joe better wake up.  An embarrassing showing for a supposed front runner.   Perhaps not that surprising.....his campaign so far.....has put the dull, back in dishwater.  He is bringing butter knifes to a gunfight.

10 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

You are aware that David Duke has endorsed a Democratic candidate as his next choice for President, aren't you (Tulsi Gabbard)? Or that he recently praised Ilhan Omar? (They are a bit in opposition to Trump's policies...just saying).

Tulsi is Democrat in name only. 

27 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Trump giving limbaugh the highest honour a civilian can receive, makes perverse sense. 

I am convinced now, more than ever, the planet passed through a wormhole at some point in 2016 and we're now living in an alternate universe where nothing makes rational sense anymore. There seems to be no other logical explanation.

How anyone can bestow such an award upon a bigoted, hateful, degenerate mouthpiece is nothing short of bewildering. But it's seemingly the norm lately.

Image result for shrug gif"

Edited by blue_gold_84
gif added for effect

28 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How anyone can bestow such an award upon a bigoted, hateful, degenerate mouthpiece is nothing short of bewildering. But it's seemingly the norm lately.

It literally makes perfect sense when you look at who is awarding the medal. It's like he is vicariously receiving  it from himself.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

He just welcomed a convicted war criminal to the Whitehouse, and pardoned the war criminal.

The war criminal will likely run as a Republican sometime soon, and probably has a good chance.

Trump is either evil, insane, profoundly ignorant, or all three, and at this point, is easily the worst President in history.

Edited by Mark F

TBH- I have always liked Romney- he has a decent moral compass.

Solid article from the Atlantic on his decision.

"Now the conservative movement is ruled by a president who routinely makes a mockery of such litmus tests. Deficit reduction? “There’s no purchase for that,” Romney said. Foreign policy? “The letters with Kim Jong Un didn’t seem to frighten people away … The meeting with the Russian ambassador in the White House right after the election didn’t seem to bother people.” Somehow, Romney said, he is the one constantly being told that he needs to “be with the president.”

“I get that a lot—‘Be with the president,’” Romney told me, sounding slightly perplexed. “And I’ll say, ‘Regardless of his point of view? Regardless of the issue?’ And they say yes. And … it’s like, ‘Well, no, I can’t do that.’”

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

On 2020-02-04 at 4:04 PM, blue_gold_84 said:

Romney is a career carpet bagger whos flip flopped an nearly every major social policy to get elected. Begged Trump for a Senate election endorsement. His vote isnt one of conscience its petty vindictiveness. He typifies the swamp. Everything thats wrong with modern politics.

16 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Romney is a career carpet bagger whos flip flopped an nearly every major social policy to get elected. Begged Trump for a Senate election endorsement. His vote isnt one of conscience its petty vindictiveness. He typifies the swamp. Everything thats wrong with modern politics.

This settles it then, Mitt's one of the good guys!

On ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎22 at 7:38 PM, Zontar said:

Completely partisan process results in completely partisan outcome. If only we could have seen this coming. ..

So I guess since a Republican voted to convict, it isn't partisan anymore. Like the Repubs bragged in the House vote, since only one side voted in a bipartisan way, only one side should be taken seriously, no? Any word from McConnell on this "partisan sham" now?

44 minutes ago, Zontar said:

No more than:

Sessions, Carson, Devos, Chao, Perry, Ross, Zinke, Pompeo, Pruitt, Mulvany, Price and a host of others.   All current or ex-members of Trump's cabinet.   The other common denominator:   All Uber lobbyists for a host of special interests.   Record setting levels of lobbyists, with this administration (you can look it up) in fact.  

Yet all these deluded idiots, keep screaming "swamp" every time Trump runs into any opposition or criticism from anybody.  They fail to understand, that with Trump, they are neck deep in it. Everything is wrong, alright