US Politics

Rich

On 2018-06-29 at 8:08 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

One has nothing to do with the other.  And yes unborn children should have their rights protected. 

Yes, one does have something to do with the other. Trump’s base subscribes to some sort of moral high ground when it comes to abortion - pro life is the altar they worship at. However, they have no problem or quarrel with putting children in cages, nor do they have a problem with human rights being trampled. 

this is interesting. might be tough to explain.

https://www.burr.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/SSCI ICA ASSESSMENT_FINALJULY3.pdf

new assessment issued by the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday concurred with previous reports that President Vladimir Putin personally approved Russian meddling in the 2016 election. The Committee also stated that Russia’s influence campaign was designed to help Donald Trump win.

“We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S . presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump,” the document reads.

That's the Republican controlled intelligence committee.

Edited by Mark F
dumb

On 2018-07-03 at 4:07 PM, Mark F said:

this is interesting. might be tough to explain.

https://www.burr.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/SSCI ICA ASSESSMENT_FINALJULY3.pdf

That's the Republican controlled intelligence committee.

Makes sense- news dump day (right before major holiday) would include the above.

Also- while that little report was released- this was happening at the same time:

Maddow has a nice break down in her segment. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Maddow has a nice break down in her segment

Yes, that definitely is worth watching. 

Putin has been  effective to an extent that nobody would have thought possible.

All made possible due to the fact that the American political establishment is thoroughly stupefied, and corrupt.

When M. Waters said something "uncivil" Nancy Pelosi was all over the news about the rudeness. 

This? Nothing.

Edited by Mark F
edit

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trump might be itching for a winnable little skirmish to make himself seem presidential and to distract attention 

good lord.

I think at this point, it's a good bet that almost everything he comes up with comes from Putin.

Maximum disruption.

Turns out  America  is an easy target.

Edited by Mark F

So... there is a one on one meeting between trump and Putin... I think the most frightening part of this is:

"Some US officials have expressed concern about Putin and Trump meeting without note-takers or witnesses present, due to Putin's reputation as a shrewd negotiator."

daaaaamn. I wonder what crazy batshit stuff trump is going to proclaim after that meeting... and i really think those chats should be monitored.... 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I wonder what crazy batshit stuff trump is going to proclaim after that meeting..

US to leave Nato, US troops out of West Germany, 

US removing anti missile batteries from Poland, Bulgaria.

closer relations with Russia, opening talks on Crimea annexation,  trade agreements  with Russia, Russian sanctions removal, US out of Syria. talks with Assad,

Some Russian names taken off list of sanctioned people.

cooperation on oil, gas, Exxon/Russia  deal back on.....

New hotels and office towers in Russian federation.....

stuff like that.....

Putin's on a roll. Might as well go big. 

He's the boss. 

Edited by Mark F

30 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Wants to denationalize the oil there maybe.

I don't think he has a plan. I think he's a ne'er do well with a big gun and he just wants to shoot something.

Seriously....

trump: "why don't we pre-emt N. Korea?", "or how about Venezuela can we invade Venezuela?" - "let's attack Canada, we can do Canada can't we?.."

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

M Pompeo went to N korea.

N Koreans (continuing to make N bombs) say “The attitude and demands from the U.S. side during the high-level talks were nothing short of deeply regrettable,” 

but Pompeo says they have a schedule for N Korea to "denuclearize" and it went great.

Can't disappoint the Emperor.  

On to getting out of Nato.

Edited by Mark F