US Politics

Rich

22 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I could only stomach a minute of this, Trump reading his notes with his finger on the line.

Then Trump tried to answer a question, and was quite incoherent. 

I think he's running 100 percent on instinct, fear, and arrogance.

His remarks were surely written before even meeting Putin.  In fact, Putin's people probably wrote them.  When you listen to Trump speak off-script, you really get the sense there is something wrong with him.  It could just be he's not very intelligent and is used to everyone telling him how great he is, but he speaks nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Dafuq?

American voters need to fully comprehend what has happened.  A foreign state enemy used hacking to influence a federal election in favour of "their" guy who they control through compromising material.  Trump is either compromised and unwitting or he's compromised and maliciously an agent of Russia.  A Russian agent, in the pocket of Putin, is the President of the United States.

For all the right wing goofballs who tries to claim Obama was a Muslim and in the pockets of Islamic leaders, well, their crazy conspiracy has come true, just not the guy they expected.

I wonder how much evidence it will take for Congress to Impeach or, more interestingly, for Pence and the GOP to accept Trump is a criminal and remove him themselves.

As I fully expected....

At the joint post meeting press conference.....Trump babbled and rambled on about his election win and Hillary's emails, and called the Muller investigation "ridiculous" a "disaster for the country,  how there was "no collusion"  and that it was a "source of tension" between the two countries.  He added that he sees no reason why Russia would interfere in the election...well.... simply because Vladimir Putin still denies it.

At some points he sounded almost deranged.  A disgraceful performance, that has topped his previous multiple disgraceful performances.

Just to frame this in context - just before the meeting Trump tweeted that “years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt” are to blame for the souring of U.S.-Russia relations"!   Not Ukraine, Crimea or election hacking.

Would how much embarrassment the Republican super patriots (self proclaimed), in the House and Senate are going to be able to swallow, at this rate?

52 minutes ago, do or die said:

Would how much embarrassment the Republican super patriots (self proclaimed), in the House and Senate are going to be able to swallow, at this rate?

They've promoted and encouraged the lunatic, ignorant, racist element of their party for quite a while. Now that's all they've got. So they're stuck with them.

Edited by Mark F

27 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump " Russian agents did not meddle in my fantastic and justified win, right Vlad baby"

This is Putin: Good luck to Trump dealing with him in any but a losing way.

"He was one of the few Soviet citizens who had first-hand experience of East German demonstrators when a crowd ransacked the Stasi's office in Dresden and then prepared to storm the building where Putin and his Soviet spy comrades were working," Mr Kondratyev told the daily Kommersant newspaper.

"Putin succeeded in persuading the crowd to fall back." State TV has in the past described how Mr Putin brandished a pistol in front of the crowd and used his fluent German to make it clear he was prepared to use it.

"This is Soviet territory and you're standing on our border," he was quoted as saying. "I'm serious when I say that I will shoot trespassers." A witness was quoted as saying that Mr Putin issued the threat with his trademark assurance. 

Fluent German, Trump can't even speak one language..

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

They've promoted and encouraged the lunatic, ignorant, racist element of their party for quite a while. Now that's all they've got. So they're stuck with them.

But it's the USA. Trump was elected. so let's face it, anything is possible.

It boggles my mind that Trump manages to get the GOP on his side.  I can imagine they feel that even if they speak out, that the "base" will ostracize them and the rest of America wont embrace their new found sense, but will simply toss them out with the bath water.  they missed their opportunity.  It has to be all or none.  They have to all, the party included, announce that they can no longer support the President and bring impeachment hearings.

If a few speak out, voters will not reward them.  It will simply affirm in the minds of many voters that the GOP is corrupt and they must vote for progressive Dems.  So they say nothing and hope they can win their seat.  And if they do, will they then speak out?  Likely not.  If the GOP keep Congress, there is no reason to speak out against the status quo.  If the Dems take control, the GOP will be focused on 2020.

For 2020, they should be focused on replacing Trump.  Only if they get hammered by Dems in November, will the calls for Trump's head grow. 

Dem voters know what they have to do.  Moderate center voters know what they have to.  Right wing patriots must hold their nose and vote for the Democrat.  In fact, vote progressively and hope Congress takes seriously the message from voters and returns America to a time of promise before JFK was killed.

I know Trump supporters read this thread and shrug it off as an echo chamber.  It IS to a degree because its so clear, so obvious, so brain-dead simple that Trump is corrupt, is an agent of Russia and must go.  And Right Wing'ers missed the opportunity to be righteous in that regard.  Now they must all go.

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Putin is playing chess while Trump tries to figure out how checkers works.

Pfft, trump hasn't even opened the box- he's still perplexed by the image on the front of the box....

-trump: " what... why do those circles go on the squares- that doesn't make sense."

See rand Paul on cnn?  Running interference for trump. Still whining about Hilary. Just crazy. 

Holy smokes he’s asked point blank if he believes the intelligence community or Putin and won’t answer. 

Even Newt Gingrich is attacking trump today. 

This is disgraceful.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

See rand Paul on cnn?  Running interference for trump. Still whining about Hilary. Just crazy. 

Yep won't answer Wolf's question on who he believe's, law enforcement, intelligence or Putin, Republicans will do anything to keep Trump as President and keep Republicans in power

GoP=Party before country

Weirdly enough, I think that if The Pee-Pee Tape gets (ahem) leaked- I don't think it will affect KGB-don's core base supporters... 

I am looking forward to their justification of said water sport video:

"That there is KGB-don practicing trickle-down economics..."

"KGB-don's used to having everything made of gold- even his showers..."

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Pfft, trump hasn't even opened the box- he's still perplexed by the image on the front of the box....

-trump: " what... why do those circles go on the squares- that doesn't make sense."

Hey, give the man credit. Trump was working on a jigsaw puzzle and said "Wow, great puzzle, and I did so well. Took me only 7 days to put it together, and the box said '2 to 4 years' !"

A Russian woman with close ties to the National Rifle Association was arrested Sunday and charged with “conspiracy to act as an agent of a foreign government,” according to a criminal complaint unsealed Monday.

Mariia Butina is accused of acting as an unregistered agent on Russia’s behalf between 2015 and 2017, in collaboration with “others known and unknown, including an official of the Russian Federation,” according to the complaint.

Butina is a former assistant of Alexander Torshin, a top official at the Russian Central Bank who has reportedly been under investigation by the FBI for allegedly channeling money to the NRA to benefit Trump’s 2016 campaign. 

Butina and Torshin have close ties to the NRA, which is not referred to by name in the criminal complaint or the supporting affidavit but as a “Gun Rights Organization.”

The NRA did not respond to TPM’s request for comment.

Per the affidavit, Butina’s work allegedly involved “advancing the agenda of the Russian Federation” by forging ties to “U.S. persons having influence in American politics,” including the NRA.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/maria-butina-charged-conspiracy-infiltrate-us-organizations-russia

off topic, It's kind of humorous, that people like ultra capitalism critic Chris Hedges, find themselves in agreement with the Republican party, about Putingate.

"It's nothing cause everyone does it" or "it's all a plot and made up" 

too funny. strange bedfellows.

Won't hear either of those groups admitting they get along though.

That would be very embarrassing.

Edited by Mark F