US Politics

Rich

Soft money, influence peddling, lobbyists and self serving, gutless politicians of all stripes...... have essentially gutted the legislative, regulatory, and civic entities, in the once proud American democracy.   

The difference with Trump, (in a perverse form of honesty).... is that the curtain has been drawn back....and the total lying, mendacity, corruption, and hypocrisy..... is on full display, for all to see.   The basic question is.....do the Americans have the will and the fortitude to demand better?

Edited by do or die

8 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

$$$ - that is the worst thing for democracy. Superpacs are a bane on democracies.

WTF?!

Sure. But I still say it’s people who always vote for the same party and

a) have no idea why they do

or

b) go to great lengths to justify it

1 hour ago, do or die said:

The difference with Trump, (in a perverse form of honesty).... is that the curtain has been drawn back....and the total lying, mendacity, corruption, and hypocrisy..... is on full display, for all to see.   The basic question is.....do the Americans have the will and the fortitude to demand better?

Strangely... they did in voting for KGB-don.  Voting for KGB-don was throwing a brick through the establishment window, unfortunately, many voters didn't realize that they shared that same window. 

27 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Strangely... they did in voting for KGB-don.  Voting for KGB-don was throwing a brick through the establishment window, unfortunately, many voters didn't realize that they shared that same window. 

People were mad about the "establishment".....then then simply got stupid.

All is not lost.  Approval pouring in, for Trump's performance from all sides.......

Breitbart, the Federalist, Daily Caller, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity, Rosanne, David Duke, Russian state media

Alternative facts presented, by legit sources. 
I believe them......not that swampy, snowflake, Zionist, globalist deep state media

44 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Bottom is probably when mueller releases his reports and it’s chalk full of what would be criminal endictments if he weren’t president and he refuses to resign.  

Or he loses 2020 and refuses to leave. 

Some big shot American CEO types have moved to Dubai. They might take Trump. St Petersburg is nice.

I wonder if Trump's cult would respond to a call to arms. 

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Mark F said:

Trump's cult probably have a lot of handguns, and assault rifles, and I wonder if they would respond to a call to arms. you know water the tree of liberty bullshit.

It would have been the ridiculous idea of a bad novel but I do wonder...if Trump lost 2020 and then declared a ridiculous state of emergency (much like he, with a straight face, declares Canada a National Security threat), and refuses to leave, what would happen?  We assume Congress would not stand for it...but what if the GOP does?   Would the secret service physically remove him?  What if the Joint Chiefs are loyal to Trump (I doubt they would be)....

Maybe a bombing of the Capital...akin to the burning down of the German counter-part so many years ago...as a pretense to grab a dictatorial power?

Its a great film plot and people would actually believe it today.  Sadly.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Bottom is probably when mueller releases his reports and it’s chalk full of what would be criminal endictments if he weren’t president and he refuses to resign.  

Or he loses 2020 and refuses to leave. 

Signs are all there, before the vote he said if he was to lose that the vote would of been rigged, and then becomes President and wants to know if he can pardon himself,  if he either gets impeached or loses the next election all hell will break loose. On another note Trump has mastered the art of talking out of both sides of his mouth, one day it's one side spouting lies and falsehoods and the next day the other side walking back his comments and contradicting himself.

Edited by bustamente

It has been a pretty tough month for the free trading, big defense, NATO supporting, tough on Russia and dictators in general, Republican "patriots" in the Senate and House.   The deal is whether they have had enough....or if they will continue to crawfish to Trump.