US Politics

Rich

On 2022-12-02 at 1:39 PM, Mark F said:

2020 , moderate leader of the Palestinians , M. Abbas: 

"RAMALLAH, West Bank — The Palestinian leader’s long, rambling speech was laced with deeply anti-Semitic tropes, including that the Jews of Europe brought persecution and the Holocaust upon themselves because of usury, banking and their “social function.”

that's the moderate.

https://9gag.com/gag/aOxrvOR

33 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

So... they are pro-injustice...

Interesting platform.

Their spin would be “we are not pro-injustice, we just don’t believe that these systemic injustices continue to exist like the other side wants to push to justify attacks and discrimination against white people, like teaching critical race theory, which it what really divides us”. 

Trump Tries To Back Off Of Terminating The Constitution And Melts Down

After a weekend of backlash, Trump tried to clean up his calls for terminating the Constitution and things quickly went sideways.

On his social media platform, Trump wrote:

The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to “terminate” the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES, just like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of their other HOAXES & SCAMS. What I said was that when there is “MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION,” as has been irrefutably proven in the 2020 Presidential Election, steps must be immediately taken to RIGHT THE WRONG. Only FOOLS would disagree with that and accept STOLEN ELECTIONS. MAGA!  SIMPLY PUT, IF AN ELECTION IS IRREFUTABLY FRAUDULENT, IT SHOULD GO TO THE RIGHTFUL WINNER OR, AT A MINIMUM, BE REDONE. WHERE OPEN AND BLATANT FRAUD IS INVOLVED, THERE SHOULD BE NO TIME LIMIT FOR CHANGE!

Trump doesn’t want to trash all of the Constitution, just that whole democratic election of leaders part and the idea that the will of the people as expressed at the ballot box is binding.

If the former president is serious about there being no time limit for contesting elections, I’m sure that Al Gore would like to have a word about 2000, and Hillary Clinton has some thoughts on 2016.

Trump couldn’t even backtrack from his plan to trash democracy without melting down and demanding that he be reinstated as president.

The disaster continues to roll forward for Republicans as with each new post, Trump is digging the hole deeper.

https://www.politicususa.com/2022/12/05/trump-tries-to-back-off-of-terminating-the-constitution-and-melts-down.html

From Bloomberg:

Justice Samuel Alito made a quip about Black children wearing Ku Klux Klan outfits at the US Supreme Court Monday.

During arguments about a website designer who refuses to create wedding sites for same-sex unions, Alito asked a lawyer whether a Black Santa Claus hypothetically could be forced to have a photo taken with a child in a Ku Klux Klan outfit. The query was a follow-up to an earlier line of questions from Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson. Colorado Solicitor General Eric Olson said the Santa could refuse because people wearing KKK outfits aren’t covered under anti-discrimination laws, which are geared toward race, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics. Justice Elena Kagan added that “presumably that would be the same Ku Klux Klan outfit regardless whether the child was Black or White or any other characteristic.” Alito then interjected: “Yeah, you do see a lot of Black children in Ku Klux Klan outfits, right? All the time.” The comments drew a smattering of laughter from around the courtroom, as Alito tried to continue his questioning. “Suppose that, I mean, uh --” he stammered, before uttering an uncomfortable chuckle of his own. Justice Amy Coney Barrett smiled and looked down while other justices shifted in their seats. After a pause, Kagan offered to jump into the void and ask her own questions of Olson. “Can I -- is that all right?” she asked Alito, who sits next to her on the bench. “Sure,” Alito responded.

Some of these Justice's level of self-importance and arrogance is suffocating. 

House January 6th Select Committee to announce criminal referrals to the Justice Department

The U.S. House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack has decided it will make criminal referrals to the U.S. Dept. of Justice, based on its interviews with over 1000 witnesses during its 17-month-long investigation.

Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) made the announcement Tuesday, CNN reports.

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

House January 6th Select Committee to announce criminal referrals to the Justice Department

The U.S. House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack has decided it will make criminal referrals to the U.S. Dept. of Justice, based on its interviews with over 1000 witnesses during its 17-month-long investigation.

Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) made the announcement Tuesday, CNN reports.

Is MG waiting for this committee to do the work for him? Like wtf he should have been way ahead of this. 

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Is MG waiting for this committee to do the work for him? Like wtf he should have been way ahead of this. 

Its all about the separation of the legislative and judiciary branches and due process. Apparently about a third of the FBI is now devoted to investigating those involved in the January 6th insurrection.

4 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

This is how to show disdain for those looking for a photo op, yet didn't help when you needed it most.

Yup I feel for these people and proud of their courage to do that but these ghouls don’t give a **** nor care being snubbed. They are lifeless creatures driven by the almighty dollar, power and status that have rationalized in their minds they are good people trying to help Americans.

Delusional, narcissistic creatures.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Trump Tries To Back Off Of Terminating The Constitution And Melts Down

After a weekend of backlash, Trump tried to clean up his calls for terminating the Constitution and things quickly went sideways.

On his social media platform, Trump wrote:

The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to “terminate” the Constitution. This is simply more DISINFORMATION & LIES, just like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA, and all of their other HOAXES & SCAMS. What I said was that when there is “MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION,” as has been irrefutably proven in the 2020 Presidential Election, steps must be immediately taken to RIGHT THE WRONG. Only FOOLS would disagree with that and accept STOLEN ELECTIONS. MAGA!  SIMPLY PUT, IF AN ELECTION IS IRREFUTABLY FRAUDULENT, IT SHOULD GO TO THE RIGHTFUL WINNER OR, AT A MINIMUM, BE REDONE. WHERE OPEN AND BLATANT FRAUD IS INVOLVED, THERE SHOULD BE NO TIME LIMIT FOR CHANGE!

Trump doesn’t want to trash all of the Constitution, just that whole democratic election of leaders part and the idea that the will of the people as expressed at the ballot box is binding.

If the former president is serious about there being no time limit for contesting elections, I’m sure that Al Gore would like to have a word about 2000, and Hillary Clinton has some thoughts on 2016.

Trump couldn’t even backtrack from his plan to trash democracy without melting down and demanding that he be reinstated as president.

The disaster continues to roll forward for Republicans as with each new post, Trump is digging the hole deeper.

https://www.politicususa.com/2022/12/05/trump-tries-to-back-off-of-terminating-the-constitution-and-melts-down.html

Waiting for someone to ask Trump if he believes he was in fact elected in 2020 but cheated by fraud, and then ask him how he can run again given the 22nd Amendment. He would either have to admit he lost to qualify him to run again, withdraw from running, or admit he wants to ignore the Constitution. 

34 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Just to be full on cynical and probably too critical here, allowing weaselberger to take the blame and say Trump and his family members knew nothing of his doings is weak on the prosecutors part. If AW wasn’t willing to state the full truth then no deal than make him pay for not fully cooperating. I know bigger picture here but no less maddening.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just to be full on cynical and probably too critical here, allowing weaselberger to take the blame and say Trump and his family members knew nothing of his doings is weak on the prosecutors part. If AW wasn’t willing to state the full truth then no deal than make him pay for not fully cooperating. I know bigger picture here but no less maddening.

The shoes must be at very high altitudes because it's taking a while for them to drop.

In an interview with CNN, the Danish filmmakers have said that committee lawyers had flown to Copenhagen to see what they had regarding interactions between Stone, the Trump White House, the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers. Reportedly they identified around eight minutes of relevant footage. Even what we've seen so far is startling. In July 2020, the documentary crew captured Roger Stone saying:

What they're assuming is the election will be normal. The election will not be normal. "These are the California results." Sorry. We're not accepting them. We're challenging them in court. If the electors show up at the — at the Electoral College, armed guards will throw them out. "**** you. I'm the president. **** you. You're not stealing Florida. You're not stealing. I'm challenging all of it." And the judges we're going to. Our judges. "I appointed you. **** you. You're not stealing the election." That's what — that basically what Bush did to Gore. So, you know, if they want to run a bunch of fake ballots, we'll have an investigation. We'll say, "These ballots are fake. Your results are invalidated. Goodbye." That's the way it's going to have to look. It's going to be really nasty. But you cannot count on, we're not going to get an honest election. So, let's say that Trump is a little behind right now, which he probably is. That doesn't bother me. But even if he wins an honest election, we're not going to have an honest election. They're going to steal it. They're stealing this blindfolded right now. So, you know, it's not the first time it's happened in this country and it happens around the world. So, he's going to have to — he's going to have to fight for the presidency in the courts. Our next election will be decided in the courts. Because they cheat and we don't cheat. We've never cheated.

Setting aside the unbelievable fatuousness of Stone's proclamation that "we've never cheated," which is deeply absurd coming from him, this pretty well lays out the conspiracy to overturn the election, three months before it was executed. He knew Trump was behind and likely to lose. The question before the House committee now is whether or not Roger Stone and Donald Trump were plotting this together and whether Stone was colluding with the violent extremists with whom he associated to start the insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021.

Edited by Tracker

10 hours ago, bustamente said:

Georgia is turning purple they got a long way to go to become blue, Walker got over 1.6 m votes

Can someone explain to me how an idiot with obvious mental deficiencies and questionable behaviour gets 49.1% of the vote when the other option was Warnock? Is that divide as fundamentally ****** up as it seems?

5 hours ago, itchy said:

Can someone explain to me how an idiot with obvious mental deficiencies and questionable behaviour gets 49.1% of the vote when the other option was Warnock?

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, itchy said:

Is that divide as fundamentally ****** up as it seems?

patrick-bateman-yes.gif

I think the subtext here speaks volumes too.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy