US Politics

Rich

‘Born-again Karen’: Top Trump campaign attorney mocked for suggesting ‘they’ are trying to ‘cancel Christianity’

Jenna Ellis, Senior Legal Adviser to the Trump 2020 campaign and personal attorney to President Donald Trump, is being mocked on social media after posting a tweet suggesting Christianity is under attack and might be canceled. Few seem to know that her tweet follows her diatribe posted at the far right Breitbart website falsely claiming “The Left Will Cancel the Constitution.”

Ellis is an anti-LGBTQ religious extremist who supports criminalizing homosexuality. GLAAD has an entire page documenting her attacks on the LGBTQ community.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/born-again-karen-top-trump-campaign-attorney-mocked-for-suggesting-they-are-trying-to-cancel-christianity/

Rudy Giuliani on Fox News: "Black Lives Matter wants to come and take your house away from you". "Yep," Fox News host Laura Ingraham responded

Rudy Giuliani, the former spokesman for identity theft protection service LifeLock, told Fox News host Laura Ingraham in a Monday interview that the Black Lives Matter social justice movement "wants to come and take your house away from you."

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/23/rudy-giuliani-on-fox-news-black-lives-matter-wants-to-come-and-take-your-house-away-from-you/

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, check all your doors. If they’ve come as unhinged as you, they will fall down, like the VP did climbing the stairs to Air Force One.

What’s happened to this guy? 
Did he breathe too much orange spray in the Oval Office? Breathe too much disinfectant?

He’s fallen completely under the voodoo spell of a disoriented, not quite human being.
And he’s headed to being that too.

Saw Ken Burns last night, a respected historian, say “I think we’re in the middle of an enormous reckoning right now in which anxieties and the pains and the torments are bubbling up to the surface. It’s very important for people like me, of my complexion, to be as quiet as possible and to listen.”

Said another way less eloquently, Matt Gaetz, sit down, stfu, and really listen.

13 hours ago, bustamente said:

Some of these Republican Governors need to be called onto the carpet, what they have done in Texas, Utah, Florida and Arizona is criminal

I suspect that the GOP political calculus is that because **** rolls downhill fast in America, it's not the GOP voters who are going to suffer the most from this, it'll be poorer browner people. 

And the GOP shrugs at school shootings; they're not going to care about a couple hundred thousand excess coughing deaths.

Plus shutting down the economy costs rich people money and encourages government intervention.  Neither of these are big wins with the GOP.

So their reaction is tragic and predictable.

We will see whether this holds up with voters.

Edited by johnzo

LORD HELP US: GOP House Candidate Insists George Floyd Killing Was Staged

Winnie Heartstrong has put out a 23-page document laying out a series of incoherent conspiracy theories about Floyd’s death. She’s likely to be the party’s nominee.
A Republican House candidate in Missouri has published her own half-baked report claiming that the video of George Floyd’s death—which has sparked nationwide protests to end the racial inequities in the criminal-justice system—is, in fact, a staged “false flag.” 

Winnie Heartstrong, a candidate running for the St. Louis congressional seat held by Lacy Clay (D-MO), has pushed conspiracy theories about Floyd’s death for nearly a month on Twitter. In late May, a video featuring Heartstrong claiming that “George Floyd is alive” circulated among far-right Twitter accounts and received more than 100,000 views.

Lindsey Graham breaks with Trump over Obama attack: "I don’t know what he’s talking about"

Graham rejects Trump’s claim Obama is guilty of treason. In a recent interview on the Christian Broadcasting Network, President Donald Trump was asked specifically what crime President Barack Obama committed as part of the vague conspiracy narrative the president calls "Obamagate." Trump responded, "treason."

But on Tuesday, Politico reported that the president's staunchest Republican allies in the Senate aren't willing to back him up on this — including Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC).

"I don't know what he's talking about," said Graham. "I don't have any evidence to believe he committed treason."

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/24/lyndsey-graham-breaks-with-trump-over-obama-attack-i-dont-know-what-hes-talking-about_partner/

20 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

With all respect I can muster, I don’t care what Lindsey Graham has to say about anything. Since his turn to the dark side, he has cemented his place in history. Him siding with logic, reason and fact at this stage carries no weight. 

Blanche is going to require his fainting couch very soon

32 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Winnie Heartstrong has put out a 23-page document laying out a series of incoherent conspiracy theories about Floyd’s death. She’s likely to be the party’s nominee.

I don’t understand how any person of colour can stand beside and support as inhumane a person you will ever meet in the fake president.
Winnie Heartstrong, a former Democrat, is obviously lost. But, she does fit into what the repugment party has devolved into..corrupt and totally without morals.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I don’t understand how any person of colour can stand beside and support as inhumane a person you will ever meet in the fake president.
Winnie Heartstrong, a former Democrat, is obviously lost. But, she does fit into what the repugment party has devolved into..corrupt and totally without morals.

There were Jews in Hitler's Germany that sided with him, French who worked with the SS in France and British (mostly the nobility) who welcomed any German invasion. There will always be those who seek to profit from selling out their kind.