Andrew Harris Snubbed, Dressler Not!

I think Andrew Harris is a true team player and one of the most intense players I've seen play the game and I think the Bombers should have given him a chance to hit the 1000 yard mark. I don't think he will sulk over it but it must leave him questioning what is going on when they put Dressler back into the game to hit the 1,000 yard receiving mark.

I was going to let this go but I want others to chime in on whether or not O'Shea made a mistake. If he was concerned about players health going into the playoff game. he should have treated Harris and Dressler equally. I think Harris can have a greater impact on the team over the next few years than Dressler. he is a ratio breaker, threat in and out of the backfield and wants to win. I am not saying Dressler is not a good player but he is not a ratio breaker and seems to be injury prone with his best years perhaps behind him.

Thoughts??

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

I did find it funny that Harris would be protected from injury, but Dressler would go back in after smacking his head hard on the turf. No matter though... health is more important than stats at this point.

value of the pass port, especially when we had to start hurl allready. 

33 minutes ago, basslicker said:

Bottom line is:  Dressler is way more expendable than Harris.

I totally agree with O'shea on this.  It shows he's maturing as a coach.  This game is about winning and staying healthy for the playoffs....not personal glory.  And if Harris is a team player he'll agree.

and if the Bombers owed him a bonus for going over 1,000 yards I hope they just pay it anyway, as even a blind man could see that Harris would have easily earned that bonus if kept in the game.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Never mind that Harris is probably our best and most important player. Dressler is great...our best receiver.....but Harris is altogether different. Along with Medlock, by far our most important player...

And even if you didn't want proof....

Blue Bomber Talk
Just ran the numbers. @AndrewHarris33's 1,605 yards from scrimmage in 15 games is a new yards per game career high (107.0). #Bombers #CFL

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

"cough cough" says Darvin Adams.... :)

Adams and denmark have been hotter for portions of the year, while dressler is more consistent. Imop dressler is still our no1 wr this year and next baring a crazy move.  Its a great position to be in though with these guys healthy. 

Dressler>adams/denmark>gurley>every one else>every ones wife>kohlert/smith :P

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Adams and denmark have been hotter for portions of the year, while dressler is more consistent. Imop dressler is still our no1 wr this year and next baring a crazy move.  Its a great position to be in though with these guys healthy. 

Dressler>adams/denmark>gurley>every one else>every ones wife>kohlert/smith :P

Ooooh! Ooooh! Sexist comment!!1