3 stars plus HH

wbbfan

Not nearly as fun after a loss, and 2 in a row but here it is.

1 Timothy flanders. 12-65 on runs 5-63 on catches. didnt get nearly enough touches in the first half but he was a monster in the 2nd half.

2 Ian wild. Played really well a side from one missed tackle. 10 tackles  1 st 1 sack

3 Nichols is close to 3rd star, medlock again some good punts a monster 54 yarder and 5 field goals. Kevin fogg too got beat a bunch in the first half, but great returns and a big forced fumble. Im going with fogg but its really close.

HH Gonna say westerman who had a big sack while the game was close to force a punt after not having a sack in the last 5 games. 

Happy Honker - Bud Grant for being 89 and saying he's been up here this week duck hunting. Legend 

Also becaus I've actually met him a few times over the years. My lake is very popular for hunting and have seen Mr Grant and many others including the late James Gandolfini and others at the store at my lake at this time of year. Classy guy. Grant is just a character 

Edited by Goalie

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

3 stars:

1. Fogg - Strips the ball, makes returns and plays DB, what more can you ask for?
  2. Flanders - 120+ yards from scrimmage
  3. Denmark - Great TD catch and chipped in with a few more catches

Happy Honker - Medlock 4 of 5, one from 54

Even TBurg found something nice to say and found 4 players very much worthy of mention. This list is absolutely right... 

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

No stars for me tonight Flanders HH, hope when Harris comes back they find a way to keep him in the lineup.

I'd love that idea as well but MO said they're not looking at a 2 back system unless it's some type of special play package.

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Happy Honker - Bud Grant for being 89 and saying he's been up here this week duck hunting. Legend 

Also becaus I've actually met him a few times over the years. My lake is very popular for hunting and have seen Mr Grant and many others including the late James Gandolfini and others at the store at my lake at this time of year. Classy guy. Grant is just a character 

Your lake isn't up around St. Laurent is it????I used to do a lot of duck hunting around there and the St. Ambrose area....Clarke Gable used to come up every year to a cabin he owned here, to duck hunt around St. Laurent ...Pretty popular with Americans...Nice to see Bud is still staying as active as he is...As for me I've hung up my shotguns a few years ago...Miss it..

After that game we played last night Bud is certainly the most deserving of the Happy Honker....

Edited by Stickem

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Your lake isn't up around St. Laurent is it????I used to do a lot of duck hunting around there and the St. Ambrose area....Clarke Gable used to come up every year to a cabin he owned here, to duck hunt around St. Laurent ...Pretty popular with Americans...Nice to see Bud is still staying as active as he is...As for me I've hung up my shotguns a few years ago...Miss it..

After that game we played last night Bud is certainly the most deserving of the Happy Honker....

It is. Very close. In the RM of St Laurent