Bud Grant Next Ring of Honour Inductee

Rich

That picture of Bud at the top says it all for me when he coached here....He was Mr. Calm and Cool and smart as a fox...I remember one Grey Cup against Ham. when their coach at that time, Jim Trimble, was all over the media saying, ' We (the cats) are going to waffle them' ...Grant didn't say much... we just went out and kicked their arse"... taking the Cup back home.. That sure shut up that crew ...Bud was a coach who just went about his business and delivered....AND boy did he deliver...Just wish some of the young fans of today could experience what we had back then...Seems so very long ago but man did we have a winner, when Bud and the Bombers ruled the league. Very deserving honour.

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That picture of Bud at the top says it all for me when he coached here....He was Mr. Calm and Cool and smart as a fox...I remember one Grey Cup against Ham. when their coach at that time, Jim Trimble, was all over the media saying, ' We (the cats) are going to waffle them' ...Grant didn't say much... we just went out and kicked their arse"... taking the Cup back home.. That sure shut up that crew ...Bud was a coach who just went about his business and delivered....AND boy did he deliver...Just wish some of the young fans of today could experience what we had back then...Seems so very long ago but man did we have a winner, when Bud and the Bombers ruled the league. Very deserving honour.

Holy crap! How old are you, Stickem? I'm 60 and Bud Grant was before my time.

6 minutes ago, J5V said:

Holy crap! How old are you, Stickem? I'm 60 and Bud Grant was before my time.

How old is the guy in my avy???and you're getting close lol....Hey I've been a Bomber fan since I was twelve and still remember vividly those Cups Bud brought us...Grant was and still is an inspiration ....I just hope I can hang around as long as he has

58 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

With Arnold Palmer passing away yesterday I'm glad the Bombers are honouring him this season even if it interrupts his duck hunting. ;)

Maybe we could get a flock of Mallards to fly over the stadium immediately after the inducktion while Bud has his 12 gauge handy. Kill two birds at the same time, so to speak.

15 hours ago, tracker said:

You know that you are old when you go for your yearly physical and get referred to a paleontologist.

I hope you're not referencing me with that comment LOL...A friends of mine (who's the same age) always has a line I like when someone asks his age...His response is ''Well I'm older than dirt"...Always get a chuckle out of that one..As for me I like to put things into context...for a guy like J5V...I'll put it this way...comparing our ages...when he was starting kindygarten I was in high school AND Nicholson was in high school when I started school...You can take it from there... AND everyone should do as good as Bud has....one heckuva character.

Edited by Stickem

Believe in all honesty that he should have been the first! Notwithstanding I'm glad to see he will be included. I remember watching him play both offense and defense and then switch to become one of if not the most successful coach in Winnipeg Blue Bomber history. Always wondered why he wasn't there in the beginning but very happy he is there now. A great man, a great motivator, a great player, a great coach and above all a great human being. Congratulations

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

I hope you're not referencing me with that comment LOL...A friends of mine (who's the same age) always has a line I like when someone asks his age...His response is ''Well I'm older than dirt"...Always get a chuckle out of that one..As for me I like to put things into context...for a guy like J5V...I'll put it this way...comparing our ages...when he was starting kindygarten I was in high school AND Nicholson was in high school when I started school...You can take it from there... AND everyone should do as good as Bud has....one heckuva character.

So......you can remember dinosaurs?

16 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Believe in all honesty that he should have been the first! Notwithstanding I'm glad to see he will be included. I remember watching him play both offense and defense and then switch to become one of if not the most successful coach in Winnipeg Blue Bomber history. Always wondered why he wasn't there in the beginning but very happy he is there now. A great man, a great motivator, a great player, a great coach and above all a great human being. Congratulations

I think this explains why they waited until this week: "the foreign resident general waterfowl season will commence each year on September 24."

http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildlife/hunting/future.html

6 hours ago, Stickem said:

And here I thought *I* was older than dirt. Who knew I was actually a youngster? :)