Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

54 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Trouba was going to play LHD with Buff so how would he bump Myers down is what i was thinking while listening to the interview.

I mention that because it goes to Trouba's excuse about being buried behind 2 RHD and not getting the usage he wants, and then of course when given the chance to be 1LHD he balks at that too.  If he was truly serious about staying in Winnipeg but wanting to stay on the right side, you'd figure he could discuss it with the coaches and then bust his ass in camp and claim what he feels he should have.  But he won't.  He was already getting good minutes and would have gotten more PP time this season.  He wants out.  And has wanted out for a while.  Nothing was going to appease him.  That's my take from the H & L interview. 

So lets see if i have this right, Trouba asks the Jets for a trade in May probably tells Chevy he doesn't want to play in Winnipeg, his brother gets fired in also in May fast forward to a summer with no contract, apparently Jets are told not to bother, moving along to Trouba being picked to the N.A. team saying contract or no he will play of course he knows that there was never going to be an contract offer. Training camp opens Trouba no shows agent says Jets are misusing his client and he would like to be traded to a team that will better utilize his talent aka a team Trouba would rather play for cause he really doesn't want to be in Winnipeg.

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

You still haven't provided any type of source or link to prove it. Repeating it over and over and over again doesn't make it true.

Why do I need a link when it's pretty obvious that this is the case. Seriously... pay attention and come to your own conclusion. Perhaps I know more about this situation than you realize. The writing has been on the wall for a while. Believe what you want.  I know for a fact that his parents want him closer to home. 

But believe what you want to really. If you want proof I suppose you will just have to wait a bit longer. 

Guaranteed Detroit Columbus Philly are 3 teams who will have some interest. Actually all the teams rumored to have interest outside of Colorado and Arizona are eastern based American teams. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think goalie mentioned that, that they had hired his brother and now fired him. 

How do you know he was fired rather than quit? Is that an assumption?

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why do I need a link when it's pretty obvious that this is the case. Seriously... pay attention and come to your own conclusion. Perhaps I know more about this situation than you realize. The writing has been on the wall for a while. Believe what you want.  I know for a fact that his parents want him closer to home. 

So you know the Trouba family and they told you that. Or is this a "friend of a friend whose sister knows the brother of a guy who takes his dog to the same vet" type of thing. Only fact is he has asked to be traded for a rather dubious reason. Everything else is pure speculation and conjecture. 

Edited by Jacquie

True, his brother could have quit.  Similar scenario either way.  If he quit its probably more indicative of the Trouba family position than if he was fired.

This isnt an unheard of story - meddling parents.  Many parents meddle to a degree.  Most are happy and proud their son makes the NHL and are excited no matter where they play.  Some want the big market, some want their favorite team, some want them close to home.  If its true, Trouba wouldnt be the first "kid" who's parents thought he was more special than everyone else and the rules didnt apply.

Regarding the left/right issue, Lawless' point is that why does Trouba assume Buff and Myers are better than him?  Because that's the concession he's making if his story is true.  That Buff & Myers are entrenched on the Right side and he cant overcome that and wont even try. 

I do find it interesting that the Jets seem so determined to make him play LHD.  It makes me thing there has been a prior break down where they simply would not entertain coddling him and his desires.  Keep in mind that Bogo seemed to falter a couple years ago and many said it was because he was switched to LHD (Trouba's rookie season actually).  So if Bogo was angry about that and he was roomies and best friends with Trouba, the seed could have been planted long ago.

The agent made it pretty clear though - we dont want a contract with Winnipeg.  Period.  Add this idiot to the list of agents NHL teams might try to avoid.

The LHD/RHD is a convenient red herring meant to distract from the fact that Trouba doesn't want to play in Winnipeg. Unfortunately, for Trouba/Overhardt, it's a terrible excuse and is not working on the fans.

They won't even listen to a contract offer, which tells me it's all about Winnipeg. Even if Buff and Myers both offered to move over, Trouba would find another excuse.

He's be better signing, playing LHD, and waiting on the trade. At least he plays and earns money. It's known now that he wants out, so the Jets are just waiting on a proper offer. The offers won't get better with Trouba sitting.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

The LHD/RHD is a convenient red herring meant to distract from the fact that Trouba doesn't want to play in Winnipeg. Unfortunately, for Trouba/Overhardt, it's a terrible excuse and is not working on the fans.

They won't even listen to a contract offer, which tells me it's all about Winnipeg. Even if Buff and Myers both offered to move over, Trouba would find another excuse.

He's be better signing, playing LHD, and waiting on the trade. At least he plays and earns money. It's known now that he wants out, so the Jets are just waiting on a proper offer. The offers won't get better with Trouba sitting.

Its really unfortunate because it stings Winnipeg.  it plays to the "no one wants to play in Winnipeg" nonsense.  Which obviously is untrue. 

I guess my hope is that Chevy fleeces some team on a Trouba trade.  And barring that, I hope Trouba sits and rots for the next 4 years.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its really unfortunate because it stings Winnipeg.  it plays to the "no one wants to play in Winnipeg" nonsense.  Which obviously is untrue. 

I guess my hope is that Chevy fleeces some team on a Trouba trade.  And barring that, I hope Trouba sits and rots for the next 4 years.

I don't believe this is the same thing as 'no one wants to play in Winnipeg'. Although, it may appear that way.

I think this is about playing closer to home, in a US market. Or, in a US market, period. Also, let's face it, the rumours about the kid might be true and his family might want to bring him home to protect him.

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't believe this is the same thing as 'no one wants to play in Winnipeg'. Although, it may appear that way.

I think this is about playing closer to home, in a US market. Or, in a US market, period. Also, let's face it, the rumours about the kid might be true and his family might want to bring him home to protect him.

Did someone say it here? Maybe a caller to 1290? Anyway... this fairly similar to what Hamonic wanted, is it not? He wasn't vilified. Why?  Respected the team, put them first or at least on equal footing (thanks to his agent's advice, I'm sure). 

Regardless of Trouba's actual motivations - why not keep it private, sign your bridge on handshake condition Chevy will try and move you?  At least #8 is playing this year, which HAS to be a good thing for both sides. And you'd have to figure it would be easier on Chevy without Overhardt acting a fool.

Trouba's camp has went all in, and they're bluffing. Chevy has to call them on it.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Did someone say it here? Maybe a caller to 1290? Anyway... this fairly similar to what Hamonic wanted, is it not? He wasn't vilified. Why?  Respected the team, put them first or at least on equal footing (thanks to his agent's advice, I'm sure). 

Regardless of Trouba's actual motivations - why not keep it private, sign your bridge on handshake condition Chevy will try and move you?  At least #8 is playing this year, which HAS to be a good thing for both sides. And you'd have to figure it would be easier on Chevy without Overhardt acting a fool.

Trouba's camp has went all in, and they're bluffing. Chevy has to call them on it.

Hamonic had a specific family situation.  it wasnt about playing where and how he wanted.  Hamonic is a proven commodity who kept the situation quiet until it made the media.  And when his family situation righted itself, he rescinded his trade request.  He was under contract and showed up every day.

I dont begrudge Trouba his right to negotiate.  He is not under contract.  But he hasnt proven anything, the market has been set etc.  Even Kane signed a reasonable long term contract with the Jets and he hated it here.  Bye bye Trouba.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

It was also leaked that Hamonic requested a trade. Yes, both sides did confirm it and then when on to explain why the request was made. Trouba made this public (or his agent did, I forget now) and it was done to put pressure on the Jets.

Not sure where the Hamonic leak came from but it doesn't sound like it was done on purpose. Both sides seemed embarrassed by the situation when it came out.

Trouba is a RFA which gives his agent the right to talk to talk to other teams.

Does anyone think that his camp hasn't come up with teams that want him?

Nobody wants to give him an offer sheet but I guarantee you his agent has said, for example, "We have talked to them and the Flyers will trade for Trouba and he is okay to play there"? Teams have offered trades for Trouba but none have interested Chevy enough to pull the pin up to this point. Does anyone think these offers will get better if he sits?

Very poor advice by his agent if you ask me.

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Trouba is a RFA which gives his agent the right to talk to talk to other teams.

Does anyone think that his camp hasn't come up with teams that want him?

Nobody wants to give him an offer sheet but I guarantee you his agent has said, for example, "We have talked to them and the Flyers will trade for Trouba and he is okay to play there"? Teams have offered trades for Trouba but none have interested Chevy enough to pull the pin up to this point. Does anyone think these offers will get better if he sits?

Very poor advice by his agent if you ask me.

I suspect the agent things he's made deals that are fair but Chevy disagrees.  If the season starts and a team does poorly or has a significant injury, it might create a better scenario.  Its also dependent on whether Chevy is working the phones hard or if he wants to squeeze Trouba into signed here.  He might push it to December and see who blinks first.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I suspect the agent things he's made deals that are fair but Chevy disagrees.  If the season starts and a team does poorly or has a significant injury, it might create a better scenario.  Its also dependent on whether Chevy is working the phones hard or if he wants to squeeze Trouba into signed here.  He might push it to December and see who blinks first.

Think of it this way, it doesn't necessarily require the Jets to have a bad start but a bad start by another team may drive the trade. It only takes one team to get nervous and the all the pieces will fall into place.

It is simple if you ask me.

If a deal doesn't come by then that you are happy with, let Trouba play in the KHL or European league. Why trade him for something you aren't happy with. I thihnk Chevy should go after a top teir LHD. Throw something in with Trouba and get Lindholm or Werenski or Muzzin or the trade Goailie suggested with Murray.

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think goalie mentioned that, that they had hired his brother and now fired him. 

But why was he hired to "watch" over his brother.

The point I'm getting at was that some of my posts were deleted in the past because I brought up that his family had came to Winnipeg a while back and they held an "intervention" and were trying to get Trouba in rehab because off some ice issues.    It went along with the Bogsian rumours. 

Everything does make sense with his brother getting the boot and his family wanting Trouba closer to home.  

It makes way more sense that his parents are worried about Jacob turning into the next Setoguchi and now with his brother not being under his watchful eye they want him close enough so that they can keep him out of trouble.

That story makes way more sense then him wanting more minutes or switching sides and all the weird crap his agent has fed the media.   It's not like they want to say  Jacob is damaged goods,  please sign him for a 7 million dollars because he may be a liability with his off ice problems.    Same goes with the Jets... it's not like they want to lower his trade value by saying he's a problem child.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Speaking of his parents and character issues, seems his dad is no saint.  Accusations of fraud, embezzlement, theft.  Declared bankruptcy after being fired for stealing money.

Jack (Eric?) Johnson 2.0.....

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Speaking of his parents and character issues, seems his dad is no saint.  Accusations of fraud, embezzlement, theft.  Declared bankruptcy after being fired for stealing money.

Didn't take long to find some John Trouba stuff...

NOTE: article is from Feb 2015

The sour tang of sweat and leather hangs in the air as John Trouba sits in a Compuware dressing room telling of his son’s journey to Winnipeg in the NHL. Jacob Trouba, now 20, had played for Little Caesars before switching to Compuware.

“It was just the best opportunity to play with some better kids,” says the elder Trouba, partner in a marketing firm that’s developing a mobile app around his son.

Even with Compuware’s sponsorship, Trouba said he spent about $7,500 a season, more when Jacob traveled to Sweden and Russia. Trouba says the best teams often have a “money guy,” a rich parent who’ll toss cash on top of the sponsor’s contribution -- sometimes with strings attached, such as how much ice time the donor’s son or daughter gets

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-12/supermodel-hockey-mom-why-big-bucks-flow-to-little-pucks