Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

While management is working on a deal, is it possible to play out an existing contract with integrity (i.e., bringing it everyday) while it's known that a change of scenery is requested? If not, why?

Is it because one could risk injury? One's relationships/acceptance with their teammates makes things uncomfortable? Other?

This is yet another example of how the often used and nebulous statement 'This is a business' is demonstrated in a variety, and often contradictory, ways.  

56 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

While management is working on a deal, is it possible to play out an existing contract with integrity (i.e., bringing it everyday) while it's known that a change of scenery is requested? If not, why?

Is it because one could risk injury? One's relationships/acceptance with their teammates makes things uncomfortable? Other?

This is yet another example of how the often used and nebulous statement 'This is a business' is demonstrated in a variety, and often contradictory, ways.  

Well one might look at Kane who signed a long term deal, requested a trade every season and the Jets never honoured his request until forced to do so.

Don't be surprised if the Jets sign trouba to a 2 year bridge deal before trading him. I really feel they won't trade him until he signs. And he will .. he's not gonna sit out the whole year. I also kind of hope that between now and then trouba grows a set of his own... fires his agent... tells his parents to back off and signs here long term. Cuz that would be the best for the Jets. You gotta kinda have to wonder how much of this is overhardt and Troubas parents pulling the strings... if It was percentage terms I'll bet it's 95 percent parents and overhardt. 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Unconfirmed because I didnt see an actual link, just a post:

According to TSN analyst Darren Dreger the Leafs offer on the table for
Jacob Trouba is Jake Gardiner and Nikita Soshnikov

Ugh, yeah, no thanks.

Wouldn't Soshnikov need to be protected next spring?

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Unconfirmed because I didnt see an actual link, just a post:

According to TSN analyst Darren Dreger the Leafs offer on the table for
Jacob Trouba is Jake Gardiner and Nikita Soshnikov

I'd pass.

Gardiner is signed for 2 years then a UFA, and really wouldn't be equitable replacement for Trouba in the short term or long term.

Soshnikov was undrafted, already 22 years old, and has a grand total of 11 NHL games under his belt.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah, seems like a great offer from TO's point of view.  Im still circling back to arizona for a big package that includes Chychrun, maybe Strome and maybe Stone (Winnipegger). 

But Chychrun's not ready for topline minutes. Probably not ready for the NHL yet, either.

If Jakob's coming, I want another elite prospect that's ready for the NHL.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

But Chychrun's not ready for topline minutes. Probably not ready for the NHL yet, either.

If Jakob's coming, I want another elite prospect that's ready for the NHL.

If the Jets want a LHD version of Trouba, I think they are out of luck.  Chych wont play this year.  But he's an elite prospect.  So to take him, they'd need more.  Thats where Strome and Stone come in.  Because Chych would also not need protection in the draft, and neither would Strome.  Jets could turn around and trade some of their forward depth (that they might lose in the draft) for a better quality LHD also.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If the Jets want a LHD version of Trouba, I think they are out of luck.  Chych wont play this year.  But he's an elite prospect.  So to take him, they'd need more.  Thats where Strome and Stone come in.  Because Chych would also not need protection in the draft, and neither would Strome.  Jets could turn around and trade some of their forward depth (that they might lose in the draft) for a better quality LHD also.

I do like that we wouldn't have to protect them.

I think that there will be some great deals this year to help other teams get value for players that they can't protect.

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

I do like that we wouldn't have to protect them.

I think that there will be some great deals this year to help other teams get value for players that they can't protect.

I agree.  There is value in it.  if the Jets retain Trouba, they have to protect 4 D which means only 4 forwards.   IF they only have to protect 3 D they can protect 7 forwards.  Since many of their young guns dont need protection, this is very desirable for the Jets.  Plus, Strome would also not need protecting.  So you end up losing Trouba, yes, but you upgrade your future D while protecting more forwards and losing someone lower on the depth chart than they otherwise would.  They can then take a couple of forwards that they might lose and trade them for a better D...someone that would probably not be chosen by Vegas (age/money) but held in the short term (2-3 years) until Morrissey, Chych are taking regular shifts.

Trouba has more at stake then the Jets. He can't afford to sit out the whole year, even though he is still young. That never works out well and considering how Button and other respected NHL insiders are viewing this (Trouba's demands are a fail) I think he will have to sign. Nobody wants to give the Jets equitable value (could be because they don't have it or they don't think he's as all that as he and his agent/parents think) and the Jets won't be giving away an asset for nothing (unlike the Argos in the Willy deal but I digress).