Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

Thorburn is in the last year of his contract.... if they sign him to a new deal... I will lose some faith in Chevy. I don't think they will tho.  I hope they don't. Stu? I get it... he's actually a pretty decent option as a 3rd pairing LHD but Thorburn?  Regardless of being well liked... there's a bunch more players in the system who are just better at hockey. 

And that's all that matters. Thorburn is a nice guy... well liked for sure.... but I find it funny that people on what is basically a blue bomber site who rip on guys like Greg Peach or whoever else... would actually defend guys like thorburn and Stuart when really... they are the Greg Peach of the Jets. There are better options at forward than thorburn 

He is big and nasty but his skills set stops about there.

Not a good skater, passer or puck mover. Gets next to no points and can take a bad penalty by being overly aggressive.

I think we need a D man like Hamonic whether it be LHD or RHD that plays a very sound D game and  can play against the other teams' top lines. Somebody that doesn't care if he gets any points but doesn't like people in front of his goalie. Someone that can clear the zone with one smart first pass. We'd be a much better team with someone like that instead of all the offensive minded D men that people are talking about in a trade for Trouba.

What about a Buff cloning?

Melchiori is an interesting player. I went to several moose games last year and he was a total dumpster fire on the ice every time. Only Kostalek and MacWilliam were worse. Then he gets called up to the Jets and the guy that looked like he wasn't even AHL calibre... well he disappeared and a capable 3rd pairing guy showed up. Odd case really. He can't really make a pass and can't really clear the zone butI don't think he's as awful as some think. I think Morrissey is much better... he can pass and clear the zone... that's important and I think Morrissey Buff would be a great pairing.  I would then think myers enstrom makes the most sense with Postma and Stuart/Melchiori. I actually have been impressed with Melchiori more than Chiarot and Strait this pre season.  I think he is also 3rd pairing at best. 

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

Thorburn is in the last year of his contract.... if they sign him to a new deal... I will lose some faith in Chevy. I don't think they will tho.  I hope they don't. Stu? I get it... he's actually a pretty decent option as a 3rd pairing LHD but Thorburn?  Regardless of being well liked... there's a bunch more players in the system who are just better at hockey. 

And that's all that matters. Thorburn is a nice guy... well liked for sure.... but I find it funny that people on what is basically a blue bomber site who rip on guys like Greg Peach or whoever else... would actually defend guys like thorburn and Stuart when really... they are the Greg Peach of the Jets. There are better options at forward than thorburn 

I think you somewhat underestimate Thorburn it what he brings to the table outside of him being a nice guy.

I think where I disagree with you is I believe he's a career fourth liner that compares well with other NHL teams career fourth liners. 

I would love to have a team where  we have 3rd line players playing fourth line but that's not realistic unless you're a team that pays right to the salary cap maximum.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

No idea if this is a legitimate source. But it nicely fits my best guess!

Bottom Line here... it's BULLSHIT... 

I'll just leave it at this, unless Friedman who said theres no updates of the situation or McKenzie or possibly a local writer or journalist says something... It's more than likely a load of complete bullshit.... 

Hockey Press is known to be kind of like the eklund type, make **** up just to get hits. 

On 10/6/2016 at 2:09 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

I think you somewhat underestimate Thorburn it what he brings to the table outside of him being a nice guy.

I think where I disagree with you is I believe he's a career fourth liner that compares well with other NHL teams career fourth liners. 

I would love to have a team where  we have 3rd line players playing fourth line but that's not realistic unless you're a team that pays right to the salary cap maximum.

Except for the fact, that career 4th liner played more 3rd line minutes last year than he did 4th line minutes, and no... it wasnt just after ladd was traded, it was for most the season.... 

Thorburn sucks... that's the bottom line, he should hopefully be pressboxed this year because he's just not good at hockey, i'm sorry what does he bring to the team exactly? If his best trait is being a good guy off the ice, perhaps that's where he should stay, off the ice. 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Except for the fact, that career 4th liner played more 3rd line minutes last year than he did 4th line minutes, and no... it wasnt just after ladd was traded, it was for most the season.... 

Thorburn sucks... that's the bottom line, he should hopefully be pressboxed this year because he's just not good at hockey, i'm sorry what does he bring to the team exactly? If his best trait is being a good guy off the ice, perhaps that's where he should stay, off the ice. 

Well, imo he brings a physical presence to the team, he never takes a shift off which can rub off on other players especially the rookies, he's shown a bit of offensive ability, he's not afraid to plant himself in front of the net, he seems very good in the locker room that one can't underestimate. That's what I've observed over time

However, in order to get a factual answer from a hockey expert who knows the Jets inside out, you'd probably have to see if Maurice and/or Chevy would answer your question of what he brings to the team. Because they obviously see something in him that you aren't seeing.

http://www.tsn.ca/chychrun-earning-rave-reviews-at-coyotes-camp-1.578502

http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2016/10/8/13213064/arizona-coyotes-training-camp-cuts-deangelo-fischer-mermis-peters-fournier

The deadline for the Coyotes to get to 23 active players is Tuesday. With the preseason slate completed, the Coyotes’ coaching staff will get a chance to closely monitor the remaining candidates for roster spots in practice and make final decisions.

Arizona’s toughest decisions will center around the future of Strome and Chychrun, who cannot be assigned to the AHL if they do not make the roster. For the two of them, it’s either the NHL or the OHL.

Chychrun and Doan for Trouba! :)

Just now, Ducky said:

Strome has a much higher ceiling..............there's a reason he was #3 overall.

yeah I get that, but that's exactly why its not going to happen.  We're not going to get Strome.  I see Dvorak is still up with the big club too and hasn't been sent down.  The Coyotes seem to have a dearth of young center-men with Strome pushing to make the jump this year.