Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

30 minutes ago, bustamente said:

In the end Trouba will probably sign a bridge deal with the Jets and play this year as the Jets look to trade him when they can deal for someone to replace him and it wont be Gardner from Toronto or Krug from Boston.

The only issue is that Kane tried that and the Jets didnt trade him until he had left the team (or was pushed out).  So if Im the agent, Im not sure "sign a deal and we will try to trade you" would fill me with confidence.  But come the end of November, if the Jets make it clear they have not received a suitable offer and will let him sit, what choice does Trouba have?  If he opts to go play in the KHL, then he'd be taking very poor advice from his agent.

22 minutes ago, Ducky said:

We need a D man that knows how to play D and keep the front of the net clear. Myers should but doesn't and Buff is the only one that does this. Trouba can but he isn't here.

Morrissey getting tried out on the RHD is interesting.  Perhaps the Jets want to limit his ice time as a rookie.  Stu-Morrissey.  In which case its probably Enstrom-Myers and Chiarot-Buff.  And that's not ideal.  Chiarot would need a bounce back year.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

The only issue is that Kane tried that and the Jets didnt trade him until he had left the team (or was pushed out).  So if Im the agent, Im not sure "sign a deal and we will try to trade you" would fill me with confidence.  But come the end of November, if the Jets make it clear they have not received a suitable offer and will let him sit, what choice does Trouba have?  If he opts to go play in the KHL, then he'd be taking very poor advice from his agent.

He is already taking very poor advice by missing training camp and the beginning of the season.

It is interesting that if you look at most of Overhardt's players who have held out, all of them got traded shortly after they signed.  Of course, most of the holdouts were about money, not "position" or location.

Kyle Turis, Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Johansen.  All held out.  All traded within a year of signing.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trouba has no choice at all if he wants to play in the NHL this year he has to sign with the Jets and hope that a trade can be made that is beneficial to the team not Trouba. He has gotten terrible advice from an agent that's trying to make a name for himself and a meddling parent who is trying to take advantage of the situation. 

I'm actually very curious to see if there is any impact on future players who are represented by Overhardt.

Have to think the Jets will think twice before drafting a player represented by him again, Unless the player projects to be head and shoulders above anyone else on the board, go to your next pick.  Not worth the trouble.

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trouba has no choice at all if he wants to play in the NHL this year he has to sign with the Jets and hope that a trade can be made that is beneficial to the team not Trouba. He has gotten terrible advice from an agent that's trying to make a name for himself and a meddling parent who is trying to take advantage of the situation. 

I agree.  But ofcourse the Jets are losing too, by not signing or moving Trouba immediately.  It would make sense to me to see a trade sooner than later.  I dont think they want to lose out on the asset.  The agent is gambling that the Jets dont want to let the asset sit just as much as the asset doesnt want to sit.  It hurts Trouba more in the long run.  But the Jets want this resolved too.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I agree.  But ofcourse the Jets are losing too, by not signing or moving Trouba immediately.  It would make sense to me to see a trade sooner than later.  I dont think they want to lose out on the asset.  The agent is gambling that the Jets dont want to let the asset sit just as much as the asset doesnt want to sit.  It hurts Trouba more in the long run.  But the Jets want this resolved too.

Good point but the Jets shouldn't be bullied into making a trade that doesn't benefit them, your right the asset needed to be traded but the traded must be of the same value and maybe more, again bad advice from the agent. Would the Jets benefit from Trouba being on the ice , yes of course but as the season starts and nothing is resolved the Jets will play hard ball to a greater degree and Trouba pocket will suffer. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Morrissey getting tried out on the RHD is interesting.  Perhaps the Jets want to limit his ice time as a rookie.  Stu-Morrissey.  In which case its probably Enstrom-Myers and Chiarot-Buff.  And that's not ideal.  Chiarot would need a bounce back year.

I think it is more a case of trying him on the right side in case of injury to a RHD...

22 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I see it the other way. I think we're in the drivers seat on this one.  I'm not going to be pressured by a player and his agent. This is where existing depth comes into play. I have to trust my existing depth will step up and at least be manageable for my coaching staff while a deal is being sought. My interests are for my club not on a single player and his agent who don't want to be part of this organization anymore. The pressure is on them not us. The longer he sits the worse it gets for him as well. 

Jets are in the drivers seat and I guarantee you that there are lots of gms around the league hoping and praying that Chevy sticks it to overhardt. 

Let trouba sit. It's just millions of dollars he will never make up that he's missing out on. Let him sit until you trade him or he signs or Dec 1st rolls around.... 

Personally I kinda hope the jets don't move him and he sits the entire year 

Edited by Goalie

Yeah I would not be mad at the Jets if they hold Trouba's feet to the fire.  But its still a major asset that is not playing and that hurts the Jets too.  If Trouba is forced to sign a bridge deal on Nov 30th, the reaction he gets from fans when he steps on the ice will not be a good one.  And I am sure the players will all say the right things but I bet they wont be too happy either.

Right now, Trouba is hoping the Jets suck out of the gate. 

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wonder if Trouba for Ristolainen works...  Sounds like Sabres might be close to a contract though but their D is already depleted.

Yost had an interesting article on Ristolainen. I don't think it tells the full story but still interesting.

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah I would not be mad at the Jets if they hold Trouba's feet to the fire.  But its still a major asset that is not playing and that hurts the Jets too.  If Trouba is forced to sign a bridge deal on Nov 30th, the reaction he gets from fans when he steps on the ice will not be a good one.  And I am sure the players will all say the right things but I bet they wont be too happy either.

Right now, Trouba is hoping the Jets suck out of the gate. 

Apparently, according to some hockey experts, there's no pressure for the Jets to be a contender this year. So that shouldn't matter. 

On the one hand we have people saying the Jets won't be pressured to be contenders this year but then the same people who say that insist there is pressure if they don't win. Then I'll hear the argument about being competitive versus being a contender.  A loss is a loss. I think the notion that saying certain teams have no pressure to be contenders for an upcoming season is nonsensical to me imho. 

I think what people say is the Jets are young so there is no expectation for them to contend.  With three guys in the top six who are teenagers.  I think there is pressure to not play lousy.  But playing well and losing, doing things right but just not being quite good enough, that is what some are expecting.

Unrelated to the matter, But its looking like another year of Chris Thorburn, Mark Stuart, and Ondrej Pavelec. It's disappointing because there was a lot of competition of younger talented players who could play the bottom six role. It's disappointing that our best goaltender will probably start the season in the AHL, and it's disappointing because of Jacob Trouba holding out we'll probably see Mark Stuart eating up minutes as a third pairing guy/PK player.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think what people say is the Jets are young so there is no expectation for them to contend.  With three guys in the top six who are teenagers.  I think there is pressure to not play lousy.  But playing well and losing, doing things right but just not being quite good enough, that is what some are expecting.

It's not about the top 6 anymore. Now a days you should be able to have at least 3 if not 4 lines that can score. 

Our top 3 LW this year will be 20 18 and 19 years old. Jets are young and being young means mistakes will happen. This is probably more of a building year than it is a competing for playoffs year.

Few weeks ago I think @FrostyWinnipeg said LHD will be a problem and I disagreed with that but.... I think at this point... it is a problem. Without Trouba on the left.... yup... Enstrom Morrissey Stuart Chiarot.  What happens if enstrom and Morrissey get injured. Trouble for sure. Big trouble