Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yeah I can't see Ristolainen for Trouba in any form.

I'd trade Trouba, Petan and Comrie for Ristolainen and not even think twice about it.

This. I'd even throw in a draft pick or something to sweeten the deal.

If we can somehow get Ristolainen in this deal I'd be over the moon, but I can't see any world where Buffalo makes that deal.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He's in the same boat as Trouba.  He hasnt reported to Sabres camp and wants a big long term deal.  Speculation is he wants $6-$7mm and Sabres offered $5.  Sound familiar? 

6'4". 219 lbs.  From Finland.  But he shoots right. 

Perfect fit. Let's do the deal right now.

On a side note...

I would love for Buff to call Trouba's bluff and say that he's happy to play on left with Trouba on the right. Wonder what Overhardt would say then???

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

Oddly enough, Ristolainen for Trouba straight up is getting almost 50% support on HFBoards' Buffalo forum.

I'm surprised.

I'm real hesistant to bring up analytics in any way shape or form....

But this guy isn't the only one saying Trouba is *better than Rasmus.

*edit: or at least on-par with Trouba

Edited by Jimmy Pop
edit

Ristolainen for Trouba is great, I'd do it in a second and Buffalo might also, If we had to add some forward depth (armia, dano,lowry,petan,copp) so be it... However that really solves nothing as Ristolainen is a RHD also.. so really you are kind of in the situation you are in now. Lindholm is the guy i'd add to Trouba to get more so, He's a LHD, despite what Anaheim fans may believe the difference between Trouba and Lindholm isn't that great... Trouba plus Petan plus Dano for Lindholm? In a second, why would Anaheim tho, however you look at their prospects on D and you look at their cap space and perhaps they would move Lindholm, perhaps they would then move Trouba out for some forward help, perhaps to Colorado for Landeskog or something along those lines. 

But, at this point, there are so many inconsistences in what Trouba's camp is saying that right now, I'd let him sit and think about it... let him rot really for a bit, he's a 22 year old RFA, him and his agent have absolutely zero right to demand a trade anywhere, they will go where the Jets tell them to go... right now, I'd be telling them to go to hell. 

Does anybody honestly think tho that if Chevy traded Myers that Trouba would sign here? Cuz if he did, that's a top 2 RHD spot opened up... You think he'd sign here then? Cuz i get the feeling he won't, call it his agent who has used this tactic before, call it a hunch, call it, just paying attention to things that have been happening since bogo was traded, Trouba wants out and he wants to be close to home, I really don't think his agent would accept a trade to a Canadian team either, I also don't think i'd be looking to trade him to Canadian teams cuz quite frankly, outside of maybe Vancouver and Juolevi or Montreal and Sergachev, I don't really see that Trouba Calibre and age player the Jets want... 

Darnell Nurse is not going to be enough to get it done, trust me on that one. 

Edited by Goalie

I'd like Buff to come out and say... Hey, if he wants to play RHD, i have no issues playing LHD... That would pretty much say it all in my opinion, 2 weeks ago wicek asked trouba if he card if he was played on the left or right, said it didn't matter, he will play where the team wants him, now 2 weeks later, it's about wanting to be RHD and only RHD...

If i'm the Jets, i tell Buff to come out and say he'd gladly play the left side to allow trouba to play the right side. It would definitely put this little trouba wants to play on the right side crap to bed for good. It's not about right side, left side, whatever else. It's not even about Winnipeg, it's about a player and possibly an agent and maybe even family pressure for him to play closer to home... People can believe what they want, but there is and has been lots of talk on other hockey forums that Troubas parents are the ones pulling the strings here and they want their kid to be closer to home, so like i said before, If he is traded, i'd almost guarantee that its out east (not detroit but close enough) (Columbus comes to mind)

I'd probably Do Trouba for Murray if Columbus added a wee bit, maybe even a 2nd rd pick... But that's definitely the type of player the Jets want in return.

They want an LHD of equal age and calibre... so you can basically go through the list... Detroit? They have nothing so they aren't an option in my opinion.

I hear Arizona but they really don't have that LHD, they really don't... they got OEL and that's not happening. 

Anaheim? Lindholm, unsigned RFA, not at camp, yeah, that's a possibilty

Philly... Provorov, or even Sanheim plus? Might be interesting, not sure Hextall wants to deal with Overhardt tho.

Here's the thing with the agent, I'm not sure how many teams out there are actually willing to deal with Overhardt... and it's almost at the point, where if Overhardt is the agent of a particular player, I'd think long and hard about drafting that player.... Trouba when drafted didn't have an agent at the time, he wasn't allowed to, he was in the NCAA.... but you can bet your butt that his family had a say in who he chose. It's unfortunate and you can beleive what you want and the truth will come out eventually here but... I do think, i want to say know even, that it's more about his family and his family wanting him to play in the US. 

the biggest thing, to me, is you don't let a punk kid start dictating your line-up......I want a kid that age who's so happy to be in the NHL, he'd be willing to fill water bottles just to be on the team. Not someone who's overly concerned about which side D he's playing.......

Trouba is more physical than Murray. Murray has a bit more injury history. I think they are extremely similar.  

I think Murray for Trouba is probably the most likely outcome here. 

You know what... why just do 1 for 1 tho... Trouba Plus forward prospect(Dano copp etc) for Murray plus something else 

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

"Jacob Trouba wants out of Winnipeg" - lawless on 1290 just now. It's not about right or left side. It's about being closer to home. Come out and say that then instead of bsing people. 

If he came out an just said sorry guys i just want to play closer to home, i'm American i want to play in the States, i don't like Winnipeg i would have had more respect for him not that he would care if i respect him or not. Really though it's a plan hatched by his agent to get a young player whose right are held out of a place where does not want to be and make it sound like it the teams fault and that's the problem i have with this situation.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

"Jacob Trouba wants out of Winnipeg" - lawless on 1290 just now. It's not about right or left side. It's about being closer to home. Come out and say that then instead of bsing people. 

/me looks at Detroits line up

DeKeyser and Mantha?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg