Remaining 6 Games

Bomber_fanaddict

I took a look at the teams we will be battling it out against to make the playoffs and as difficult as our schedule looks BC, Cal, Edm all have fairly tough schedules left. Lets Review:

Bombers

@ Cal

Vs. Edm

Vs. BC

@ BC

BYE

Vs. OTT

@ OTT

Calgary

Vs. WPG

@ HAM

@ TOR

Vs. MTL

Vs. TOR

@ MTL

BYE

Lions

@ EDM

Vs. OTT

@ WPG

Vs. WPG

Vs. EDM

Vs. SASK

@ SASK

Edmonton

Vs. BC

@ WPG

@ MTL

BYE

@ BC

@ HAM

Vs. TOR

The Bolded are my predictions for wins. Calgary looks to have the easiest of the schedule left but the Lions and Edmonton battling it out can help us down the stretch. My final Predictions would then be:

Calgary 15-2-1

Lions 12-6

Winnipeg 11-7

Edmonton 7-11

RIDERS 3-15

Thoughts?

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Calgary is going to be even more out of sorts than the 2001 bombers going into the playoffs.

Haha let's hope so...

Calgary had a chance to go 16-2 in 2014 which would have been the best record of all time.  They lost in the final game of the regular season to Marvelous Marve and the Bombers (who were breaking a long losing streak of their own).  They finished 15-3 and of course that year the Stamps won the Grey Cup.

16 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Calgary is going to be even more out of sorts than the 2001 bombers going into the playoffs.

Bombers should finish off 8-10. Go to the East. Sweep them but in the process loss Nichols in the East Final. Play the Stamps who will be 14-4 in Toronto with Kevin Glenn starting for the Bombers and win it all. Unfinished business circa 2001!! This would elevate all the pain and suffering from those last 3 GC appearances.    

18 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Bombers should finish off 8-10. Go to the East. Sweep them but in the process loss Nichols in the East Final. Play the Stamps who will be 14-4 in Toronto with Kevin Glenn starting for the Bombers and win it all. Unfinished business circa 2001!! This would elevate all the pain and suffering from those last 3 GC appearances.    

2001/2007........

19 hours ago, Atomic said:

15-2-1 for the Stamps I believe would be the best record in CFL history

10 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

The 89 Eskimos were 16-2.

Based on winning percentage, that 16-2 mark is only 5th best all-time:

That '48-'49 Calgary dynasty also won 22 games in a row over those 2 seasons. And, fun fact, Calgary has won 15 games in a season 4 times in their history, but 3 of those times did not win the Grey Cup.

2 hours ago, LimJahey said:

What is considered "tough"? every game is a tough game. 

tough is playing a team with a 10-1-1 record that leads the league in points for and points against. Not tough is playing a banged up toronto team thats under .500 whose given up 53 points more then theyve scored. Tough is going through calgary, and bc if you win your first game. Not tough is going through to/ott/ham.

I see us winning 10-11 games. Though the cross over would be great, so would hosting a play off game. As long as we get there though ill be pretty happy.

A little different look at the remaining 6 games:

Riders and Montreal are all but mathematically eliminated. The last 6 games are about next year. Makes them the easy games.

Toronto ain't going to get any better with their QB situation. I doubt they make the playoffs. Likely in next year territory too. 

Hamilton need to fix their special teams and learn to play 4 full quarters.

Ottawa and Edmonton need to fix their defenses.

Calgary, BC and Winnipeg need to keep doing what they're doing to remain competitive. These will be the hard games.

22 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Riders and Montreal are all but mathematically eliminated. The last 6 games are about next year. Makes them the easy games.

Are they though?  IMO Montreal and Saskatchewan are more dangerous now than they have been all season up to this point.  Head coaching changes are usually good for squeezing out a couple extra wins, and there is no question that Sask is playing better now.  I fully expect both teams to steal some wins down the stretch.

i would think the Bombers will go 3-3 for the last 6 games. thats good for at least 3rd in the west.

win vs Edm to clinch the tie-breaker

win 1 vs BC - need to win by big margin to get the tie breaker

win 1 vs Ott

thats all I wish ?

Edited by M.O.A.B.