Grey Cup Halftime Show Announced

Goalie

Ok, just checked them out............yuck.....yuck to the 10th degree.
Sounds like Imagine Dragons doing a car commercial.  It's funny they use the words Big Rockin announcement.  These guys don't rock, more like limp towards a dentist office.

But it's not a big deal as I don't usually watch half time shows anyways....I'm a football fan, and half time shows are not for the actual football fans.

Edited by basslicker

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Can anyone name a known band now who plays a guitar? Outside of country, everything else is auto tuned BS 

Define "known" ?  There are a million bands out there producing music of every kind.  There is more music being produced now than ever before.  Just gotta know where to look.  If all your music comes from HOT 103, well yeah, it's going to be a certain brand.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Define "known" ?  There are a million bands out there producing music of every kind.  There is more music being produced now than ever before.  Just gotta know where to look.  If all your music comes from HOT 103, well yeah, it's going to be a certain brand.

Agreed. Can't count on radio to introduce you to good new music. They're all run by parent companies who's parent company owns a major label or whatever, so you're just going to hear whatever they want to sell. All that payola stuff from the early days of rock'n'roll? That's just how **** works now. DJs (outside of campus radio) don't have any freedom to play what they want.

For good music you gotta hang out in the bars. Not the ones with a bunch of dudes doing the same set of classic rock covers but places like the Windsor or The Handsome Daughter or Times Changed that book bands playing original music. You'll probably see some gawd awful groups, but you'll also see some stuff that's way better than anything on the radio these days.

I've long since stopped caring who they get for the half time show. It's not about us....it's about bringing in people who aren't already CFL fans. If this brings in some teeny bopper kids who maybe stick around and watch the game and become fans in the long run, so be it. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

"Known"

I would take that as a recognized mainstream-ish band that the populace acknowledges as a great musician.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Lol... That's cute you think Country isn't auto tuned BS. Country radio is mostly a steaming mess. 

Country pretty much no longer exists.  I'm no fan but I know a decent amount about the genre.  Most of it is auto-tuned country-pop (heavy on the pop)  Even when a new artist like Lee Brice comes out, he eventually turns pop....just like Luke Bryan did.