Edmonton @ Calgary/ Toronto @ Hamilton

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

It's a jersey. It is what it is. Whatever. If football jerseys get your undies in a bunch.... there's really very little that wouldn't 

My thoughts exactly... It's a football jersey. Remember when the Jets unveiled their jersey & logo how some said it glorified the military & war? Someone is always gonna ***** about something.

Just now, iso_55 said:

People get offended. To me it's laughable that guns on a jersey spark outrage. It did 2 years ago.

Not to belabour this - because I'm certainly not losing sleep over it - but to me, I just ask myself why?

What purpose do guns have on a Canadian football jersey? Their logo is a horse, they are stampeders (more ranchers than cowboys). It doesn't have a place/purpose.

5 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Can't we please stay focused on the worldwide conspiracy that threatens to bring down the flagship franchise of the CFL and with it, the loss of civilization as we know it.  

I think Obama is going to be making a statement about it at the summit.

Stamps are pretty ho hum about this win. Overconfident. ripe for the picking I say.

Messam sure runs upright.

Edited by Mark F

37 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not in Canada, they didn't.  Sure farmers and ranchers probably had rifles but the NWMP didn't allow them to walk around with them just so they could shoot people when drunk.  We were a British colony and governed as such, not an extension of the U.S. 

The NWMP and RCMP wear guns on their sides.  They are/were Canadians.

Anyone who says guns weren't part of our history back in the 19th century is kidding themselves. I doubt many people in Philadelphia & New York carried guns 140 years ago either as they would have considered themselves as civilized. But in the American Wild West people did. Same in Canada back then in the West. Maybe people didn't in Ottawa, Montreal & Toronto but the big cities today in Western Canada or the Northwest Territory as it was called then either still didn't exist or were whistle stops on the CP rail line or before. People carried guns in Western Canada. We were lucky we never had problems with tribes in Canada going to war against the white settlers like they did in the US.

I don't own a gun. I never have & I never will. I have used my father's shot gun & rifle as a teen in grade 12 when I was interested in hunting. But I found out that I couldn't shoot an animal for sport. My heart would have been heavy had I killed an animal needlessly & thankfully I never did. After staring down some ducks in a blind & deliberately missing, I just put my shotgun down & told my dad I couldn't do it. So, I'm not a advocate of guns but as far as having 2 six shooters crossed on each shoulder of the Stamps jerseys, I could care less. However, I have no problem with the Stamps doing it.

heartfelt post Iso....

Is Ricky Ray done? I know I'm tired of watching his five yard passes. I don't care how many completions in a row he gets. It's boring.

strange the difference between Hamilton crowd and Toronto really just down the road an hour or so.

Edited by Mark F

30 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Anyone who says guns weren't part of our history back in the 19th century is kidding themselves. I doubt many people in Philadelphia & New York carried guns 140 years ago either as they would have considered themselves as civilized. But in the American Wild West people did. Same in Canada back then in the West. Maybe people didn't in Ottawa, Montreal & Toronto but the big cities today in Western Canada or the Northwest Territory as it was called then either still didn't exist or were whistle stops on the CP rail line or before. People carried guns in Western Canada. We were lucky we never had problems with tribes in Canada going to war against the white settlers like they did in the US.

In the fur trade era, yes. In the settlement / farming era, no. The NWMP clamped down on gun - toting, whiskey trading and a host of other problems 

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

The West. Cowboys. People wore guns a hundred & thirty years ago.

A good deal of southern Alberta was settled by Americans who came after their civil war, thinking they could have slaves here after the practice was banned in the US. The first premier of Alberta was the grandson of one of these. These ex-pat Americans were resentful of any further government interference in their lives and choices- we would call them rednecks now. And BTW: in all the Old West America, Dodge City, Laramie, Tombstone, etc, guns had to be checked in at the Sheriff's office before they could hit the local taverns.