Edmonton @ Calgary/ Toronto @ Hamilton

Mr Dee

15 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

In the fur trade era, yes. In the settlement / farming era, no. The NWMP clamped down on gun - toting, whiskey trading and a host of other problems 

When was the NWMP established? In the 1880's when the CP Railroad was finished. There was very little of the law prior to that.

19 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

When was the NWMP established? In the 1880's when the CP Railroad was finished. There was very little of the law prior to that.

NWMP were there first before the railway, basically no population other than the local Indian tribes at the time in S. Alberta.  Fort Whoop-Up is about as close as Western Canada ever got to the Wild West stuff and not surprisingly that was provoked by American whisky traders which the RCMP put the clamps on.  The handful of outlaws that Western Canada had were usually American fugitives.

Look at the old photos, few cowboy hats, mostly bowler hats.

Ricky made two nice throws for touchdowns, and one nice longer pass. I still don't enjoy watching him play that much. 13 four yard passes. when the Bombers do that everyone hates it. I'm not sure how many more hits he can take.

I think this is the kind of offence Lapolice would like to run.

Edited by Mark F

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Ricky made two nice throws for touchdowns, and one nice longer pass. I still don't enjoy watching him play that much. 13 four yard passes. when the Bombers do that everyone hates it. I'm not sure how many more hits he can take.

I think this is the kind of offence Lapolice would like to run.

It worked a whole lot better when Owens and Durie were in their prime because of their YAC abilitiy.  They haven't been able to replace either of those components imo.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

ray's too old to take this beating

Yah, this has become a bit of a cycle in the last 2-3 years.  Ray gets pulverized until he finally breaks and spends months recovering only to be injured shortly after he returns.  Shame on Barker and Milanovich for not providing him with better protection when they've had years to build a solid team around him.