Back From Bye: Week 10 vs Montreal

Noeller

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Which isn't to say he doesn't but either way hasn't been proven.

I wonder what people think about Fogg? Because as many interceptions he's had, he actually had two of them hit him straight in the hands and fall to the ground. Do people remember that? (granted I know he's not a receiver) 

He also had one go off his hands that ended up as a jump ball between Loffler and Fantuz.

I still think we should keep him though...

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

He also had one go off his hands that ended up as a jump ball between Loffler and Fantuz.

I still think we should keep him though...

Receivers whole job is to CATCH the ball. DB can still be effective if every pass hits him in the facemask. Your point is terrible.

2 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

Receivers whole job is to CATCH the ball. DB can still be effective if every pass hits him in the facemask. Your point is terrible.

I think he was just reiterating what BBlink was saying.

Fogg has been great. Good natural instincts on the ball. I wouldn't punish him for a few dropped INT. I'd give him praise for being in the right place, and the opportunity to make those plays. 

3 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

the sarcastic point you were making was that even though he drops some hes a good DB. Receivers that drops passes are useless

The point that I was making is that sometimes we make bad judgements because of recency bias or particular moments standing out. Fogg got lit up at the beginning of last game but made up for it. McDuffie hasnt been given the same opportunity 

5 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

McDuffie looked anything but useless at today's practice.

The most noticeable drop was by Denmark. Now that's a guy who is useless!

I know that LimJahey isn't the only one who has written McDuffie off. There are some around here that aren't big fans. Just count me as someone who sees great potential in him. Quick, fast, slippery, and even strong in a 5 foot 8 frame. He actually plays bigger than he is. That's what I see.

9 minutes ago, LimJahey said:

Bowman and Peterson must have been so good for us, that's why we kept them right :rolleyes:

Keep picking on me you pretty much have the worst argument.

Bowman still drops the ball in Edmonton with some regularity.  According to you, that means he's useless.  I guess that's why they keep him around right?  :rolleyes:

The point here is that it's not black-and-white.  McDuffie dropping one ball doesn't mean he's useless.  Every receiver drops the ball sometimes.  How about we give him a chance to catch the ball a few times and see how he does, then make a judgment?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Question: Is this statement based solely on the one drop in pre-season?

Believe me, I've been a big proponent of having McDuffie returning kicks so I wouldn't include myself in the recency bias camp. He has been hurt but when healthy we have used players like Gerrard Sheppard over him so it shows me that he isn't exactly lighting it up in practice and forcing his way into the offense. I think he can play a role on this team and co-exist with Fogg in the return game but that isn't a popular opinion apparently.

Like I said in a previous post, there are some intangibles of his that make him an intriguing option as a WR, but he hasn't had any sustained success as a WR at the college or pro level despite technically being listed as a WR at UCF and in Denver/Hamilton/Winnipeg. He has speed to burn but obviously lacks in the technical aspects of the receiver position or he would have established himself already. You have to think that a coach would love to use his speed at WR but something hasn't clicked yet for him.

I guess I should walk back the hands are suspect comment a bit to say that I have my reservations about his ability to be a consistent contributor to the offense. Be it drops, route running etc. I don't worry too much about his ability to separate from defenders though.

32 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Bowman still drops the ball in Edmonton with some regularity.  According to you, that means he's useless.  I guess that's why they keep him around right?  :rolleyes:

The point here is that it's not black-and-white.  McDuffie dropping one ball doesn't mean he's useless.  Every receiver drops the ball sometimes.  How about we give him a chance to catch the ball a few times and see how he does, then make a judgment?

I never once said Mcduffie is useless. I actually said i will wait and see with him, i merely said he hasn't proved anything yet and from what i have seen he doesnt have the greatest set of hands. 

Comparing Bowman and Mcduffie is apples and oranges, Mcduffie has a grand total of 2 catches for 8 yards in his CFL career and Bowman.... well yenno

3 hours ago, BBlink said:

I know that LimJahey isn't the only one who has written McDuffie off. There are some around here that aren't big fans. Just count me as someone who sees great potential in him. Quick, fast, slippery, and even strong in a 5 foot 8 frame. He actually plays bigger than he is. That's what I see.

I'd like to see it in a game.  He's a decent returner, punts are a bit of an adventure, doesn't get the ball, lets it hit the turf too often.