Back From Bye: Week 10 vs Montreal

Noeller

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I assume the assumption is McDuffie as the speed guy, Adams as the physical receiver who wins jump balls and Mayo as a more all around guy, Kolhert as the safety valve and Denmark as the leader. It makes sense on paper but the lack of experience/production thus far has me worried.

I mean if three of our four best players are out our hands are kind of tied. Obviously the receiving core sucks, but hey its sucked for a couple of weeks now and we've still been winning. 

25 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I assume the assumption is McDuffie as the speed guy, Adams as the physical receiver who wins jump balls and Mayo as a more all around guy, Kolhert as the safety valve and Denmark as the leader. It makes sense on paper but the lack of experience/production thus far has me worried.

Me as well, other than Denmark the only other receiver that's had a half decent game is Mayo, and that only happened once.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

I would assume if McDuffie is going in as a WR he could be used as a decoy to keep the D honest. If the Als bring pressure and he gets 1-on-1, Nichols can just throw it and let McDuffie run under it.

I'm not enthralled with him in the starting lineup but who knows, maybe this adds another dimension to the offense,

18 hours ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

I remember him being one of Walter's 1st big free agent signings and I thought the numbers were about 150 per season

I hope the Bombers are not taking Montreal lightly. Ottawa has a good defence and even though the Larks were short in their receiving corps, Glenn lit Ottawa's defence up pretty good.

2 hours ago, Nash00 said:

I would assume if McDuffie is going in as a WR he could be used as a decoy to keep the D honest. If the Als bring pressure and he gets 1-on-1, Nichols can just throw it and let McDuffie run under it.

I'm not enthralled with him in the starting lineup but who knows, maybe this adds another dimension to the offense,

why would any team be afraid of the wr Quincey Mcduffy?

17 minutes ago, tracker said:

I hope the Bombers are not taking Montreal lightly. Ottawa has a good defence and even though the Larks were short in their receiving corps, Glenn lit Ottawa's defence up pretty good.

I think the result against Ottawa should pretty much guarantee that the Bombers won't be taking them lightly.

20 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Matty knows that if it were him he's just want to play some huck it! chuck it! football! and put the ball as far down the field as he can and get a bunch of fast guys to run under it. 

I think we saw that game at the old stadium years ago and it was great. Hardly sat down that game.

1 hour ago, LimJahey said:

why would any team be afraid of the wr Quincey Mcduffy?

I never suggested they should be afraid of him, but he is very fast and if MTL sends pressure and lines up man on man there is a potential for a mismatch there. I don't think anyone is or has suggested that McDuffie is a solution at WR but seeing as he may be playing this week it doesn't hurt to look at what potential benefits to the offense he provides.

37 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

I never suggested they should be afraid of him, but he is very fast and if MTL sends pressure and lines up man on man there is a potential for a mismatch there. I don't think anyone is or has suggested that McDuffie is a solution at WR but seeing as he may be playing this week it doesn't hurt to look at what potential benefits to the offense he provides.

i guess thats fair, I agree it doesnt hurt to see what he can do out there as i have heard he has some skill at receiver. To me he doesn't seem like he can consistently play as his route running and hands are probably sub par. Would be interesting what he can do out there though.

1 minute ago, LimJahey said:

i guess thats fair, I agree it doesnt hurt to see what he can do out there as i have heard he has some skill at receiver. To me he doesn't seem like he can consistently play as his route running and hands are probably sub par. Would be interesting what he can do out there though.

I don't expect much from him TBH, his hands are suspect and I don't know enough about him to comment on his route running but based on his limited reps at WR I doubt he excels there either. He would be most effective running screens and deep routes if nothing else but to open up guys underneath or take advantage of heavy blitzing.

I would imagine his offensive ceiling is likely a poor man's Brandon Banks. Ironic considering that is also his moniker on returns.

2 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

I don't expect much from him TBH, his hands are suspect and I don't know enough about him to comment on his route running but based on his limited reps at WR I doubt he excels there either. He would be most effective running screens and deep routes if nothing else but to open up guys underneath or take advantage of heavy blitzing.

I would imagine his offensive ceiling is likely a poor man's Brandon Banks. Ironic considering that is also his moniker on returns.

Question: Is this statement based solely on the one drop in pre-season?

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Dave and I were just talking this morning about how people seem to have taken that one drop McDuffie had in pre-season (right along the goal line) and decided that he's got shitty hands, end of story. I'm not sure that's true at all...

Which isn't to say he doesn't but either way hasn't been proven.

I wonder what people think about Fogg? Because as many interceptions he's had, he actually had two of them hit him straight in the hands and fall to the ground. Do people remember that? (granted I know he's not a receiver) 

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming  2h2 hours ago

Rookie corner Terrence Frederick is not practicing today, which makes the takeover of his spot by Johnny Adams make more sense. #Bombers

Sounds like TF's dinged up, so that's why Adams goes in for him and not Roberts......