Suggestions

Rich

We are going to do our best to make this forum the best that we can, and a desired place for all CFL fans to come and get their CFL news, discussion, and debates.

Have a suggestion to make the site better? Something you want to see? Post it here, lets get the debate going and we will try to implement the most sought after features.

As a web dev, I noticed that I find my eyes searching the page a bit too much if that makes sense. Maybe a more contrasting (read darker) background to the forum with alternating colours for forum posts would lend itself to a cleaner feel. Just my $.02

Other than that it looks great, functionality rocks!

One thing I've noticed early on, is that peoples' sig lines are too close to the actual post, so the sigs read like they're part of the post. It's a tiny little thing, but it's sorta distracting. If there was any way to put more space between the actual post and the sig line, that'd be cool! :)

One thing I've noticed early on, is that peoples' sig lines are too close to the actual post, so the sigs read like they're part of the post. It's a tiny little thing, but it's sorta distracting. If there was any way to put more space between the actual post and the sig line, that'd be cool! :)

That, as well as maybe a darker seperation line. That's #2 on my list, behind making threads with new posts in them have a bold title font.

Sweet dude -- good call. Loving so much about this already. The threads that are based on newspaper articles are fantastic with the "Original Story Here" link at the top, then the text. Looks great!!

Pretty nice job guys.

My 2 cents:

1. Larger Avatar size (15K should do for 90x90)

2. Highlight the unread threads

3. Put Next and Back buttons at the end of the threads to navigate without going back to the main page like the Bombers site

Pretty nice job guys.

My 2 cents:

3. Put Next and Back buttons at the end of the threads to navigate without going back to the main page like the Bombers site

Definitely this.

Pretty nice job guys.

My 2 cents:

I've already recommended the first two, but for the third idea do you mean buttons to move to the previous or next THREAD or previous/next pages of a single thread?

Pretty nice job guys.

My 2 cents:

I've already recommended the first two, but for the third idea do you mean buttons to move to the previous or next THREAD or previous/next pages of a single thread?

Previous Thread --> Next Unread thread. Extra points for putting me at the last read post so I don't have to page up and down. Exactly like the Bombers site.

I'd like a link/button at the top for "Return to Blue Bomber discussion", like the one at the bottom. I know it seems picky but I hate to scroll all the way to the bottom to get back to the forum, if say I click on a topic I've already read by accident.

I'd like a link/button at the top for "Return to Blue Bomber discussion", like the one at the bottom. I know it seems picky but I hate to scroll all the way to the bottom to get back to the forum, if say I click on a topic I've already read by accident.

Menu on the left hand side has it.

Menu on the left hand side has it.

Yep you're right it does.

Seems odd to only have 10 posts per page in a thread. Can I change this in my personal settings or is this a "Board settings" thing?

Are nested quotes limited? I kinda like how Riderfans allows only one nested quote. Two would be okay as well. OB would get ridiculous sometimes with the massive "quote trains".

Maximum currently set at 3.

If it becomes too messy, we can lower it to 1 or 2.

I'd like it if when I hover over a thread a preview of the first post would pop up.

A quick reply box

Also a link on the side that only brings up threads with new unread posts.

And get rid of the "save draft" option for posts, or at least move its placement, right now its centered on my screen so it reflexively the button i try and click to submit my post. Might just be relative to my laptop screen.

I'd like it if when I hover over a thread a preview of the first post would pop up.

A quick reply box

Also a link on the side that only brings up threads with new unread posts.

And get rid of the "save draft" option for posts, or at least move its placement, right now its centered on my screen so it reflexively the button i try and click to submit my post. Might just be relative to my laptop screen.

If you click on the Search bar above the twitter feed, there are links to read unread posts, new posts, active topics, etc.

I've done the same thing with the save draft. It should probably be swapped positions with the Submit button.

I will add the others to the list.

I'm not a big fan of sigs, especially with the very subtle division between posts. They make the forum harder to read by jamming repeated off-topic text into the middle of the narrative.

I don't think that sig files add too much value. They quickly become tedious and don't help identify the poster -- we have avatars and usernames for that.

So if the site didn't have sigs, I think it would be better.

I would also like this.

Are nested quotes limited? I kinda like how Riderfans allows only one nested quote. Two would be okay as well. OB would get ridiculous sometimes with the massive "quote trains".

Maximum currently set at 3.

If it becomes too messy, we can lower it to 1 or 2.

i'd rather you up'd it.