Is Drew Willy finished here?

IC Khari

11 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

You want Walters, Miller, OShea, Lapo, the trainers, equipment crew popcorn hawkers, bus drivers and drug addicts all accountable. Yet don't hold yourself to accountability. That's just plain weird.

I don't hold myself accountable? Just what the hell does that mean? On an internet board?? Accountable? That is the dumbest thing I've read in over 10 years on any CFL board. That is too funny. Should I pat myself on the back??? Okay I will. Iso, you just made a brilliant post. Keep up the good work. ;) 

Edited by iso_55

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

After reading your last few pcomments, I think we can safely remove option "a" from my earlier post.

You actually expect a serious response when I was told by Rod Black that I don't hold myself accountable on an internet board? I can say that the way you twist people's words that have a future as a Trump surrogate. Or a wrestling commentator.

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

You could basically set a watch by Glenns ability to throw a pick on cue and usually to the wide side of the field. Willy has had more than a few of those starting back to his first Banjo Bowl.

generalities and proof less anecdotes dont prove any thing. Willy has had more game winning single plays / drives then losing. Willy has been good at protecting the ball he and the offense has been ineffective through out games and failed to consistently put up drives and points through out the game.  Glenn had a mixed bag. he won some games and lost some games. People just have an easier time remembering the bad from an era. Khari gets this great rose colored glasses treatment despite throwing a TON of pics every year. 

4 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

After reading your last few pcomments, I think we can safely remove option "a" from my earlier post.

Parts of this thread have me in stitches. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

You actually expect a serious response when I was told by Rod Black that I don't hold myself accountable on an internet board? I can say that the way you twist people's words that have a future as a Trump surrogate. Or a wrestling commentator.

That's funny stuff there by garr.  A guy says X, gets called for saying X responds that he didn't say X, has it pointed out clearly that, yes, you did indeed say X and then accuses the guy who pointed out that he really did say X of being someone who will twist people's words and a Trump surrogate.  Almost Pythonesque.  You sir, could be a republican candidate any time you're ready.  If they ask for your qualifications, just email them a transcript of this thread and you'll be the next Sarah Palin.  

45 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

generalities and proof less anecdotes dont prove any thing. Willy has had more game winning single plays / drives then losing. Willy has been good at protecting the ball he and the offense has been ineffective through out games and failed to consistently put up drives and points through out the game.  Glenn had a mixed bag. he won some games and lost some games. People just have an easier time remembering the bad from an era. Khari gets this great rose colored glasses treatment despite throwing a TON of pics every year. 

That's because Khari also threw a TON of touchdowns every year AND won a pile of games. Not all interceptions are created equal and Khari threw INTs because he was taking it to the other team. Yeah it wound up being turned over now and then, but it wound up in the endzone a lot more than it was turned over. It's OK to throw 29 ints if you are also throwing 46 touchdowns. 

Showing my age here but I remember Don Jonas. he was the same way as you describe KJ. He was fearless & had a strong arm & the internal belief that he could complete every pass he made. So, he was a high risk, high reward qb. He'd throw into double coverage because he felt he could complete that darned pass no matter if he had bracket coverage. He won the 1971 CFL MOP Award & had something like 32 touchdowns & 30 interceptions. A stat that would be criticized today.  But the fans loved the guy because he was fearless & he played that way. I remember him throwing ints in the end zone or losing the odd game on a pick 6 but fans were okay with that because next game he would throw a 65 yd td pass & two more from close in. He was fun to watch.  

Edited by iso_55

sooo...as i said a few times over and was raked over the coals for it, we should have given willy a base salary with performance bonuses to make him a 400K + QB..  But alot of posters here said here that we could just cut him if he wasn't worth the money.  You were all wrong.  If we were paying him 250K we wouldn't have any pressure to cut him to recover salary. He would be okay at 250k per year as a 1a, 1b qb for us. 

But if nichols plays better then willy then we will have to try and renegotiate his contract or cut him outright instead of sticking with him to see if he can recover in a backup role. 

My worst fear is that willy is cut/traded and is able to become a star in on a team with a better oline / recieving core or where there isn't as much pressure on him

But what i'm really angry about is that we ******* suck and have for as long as i remeber and dont see it changing. No one can seem to figure out what the **** is wrong with this franchise.  I still remeber thinking how lucky we were not to be hamilton the few years where they were 3-15 for a couple of years in a row. 

52 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's because Khari also threw a TON of touchdowns every year AND won a pile of games. Not all interceptions are created equal and Khari threw INTs because he was taking it to the other team. Yeah it wound up being turned over now and then, but it wound up in the endzone a lot more than it was turned over. It's OK to throw 29 ints if you are also throwing 46 touchdowns. 

He did, but he didnt do that alone. He did it with the best OL this team has fielded in some 25 years, the best rb and wr in history.  29 pics isnt ok. Thats pretty much guaranteeing you average 2 turn overs a game. During his prime years he averaged over 2 pics per 3 tds. For his career almost 3/4 of a pick per td. Henry burris has a considerably better td/int ratio. You only win with a great team around you when your tossin that many balls to the D. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He did, but he didnt do that alone. He did it with the best OL this team has fielded in some 25 years, the best rb and wr in history.  29 pics isnt ok. Thats pretty much guaranteeing you average 2 turn overs a game. During his prime years he averaged over 2 pics per 3 tds. For his career almost 3/4 of a pick per td. Henry burris has a considerably better td/int ratio. You only win with a great team around you when your tossin that many balls to the D. 

You're reaching.  Just like you were reaching a few weeks back with those ridiculous comments about Willy be better than half the starting quarterbacks in the league.

Quarterbacks threw more interceptions in the early 2000s than they do today.

Khari generated around 58 td drives in 2002.  You can't just look at his TD passes.  He drove his team down the field with TD drives that happened to be finished off by a Qb sneak or a running back.

The best Bomber O-lines in the the last 25 years would have been in the early to mid-90s.

I would rather have a qb that threw a pick or even 2 picks a game but manage to put together 4 td drives per game than a Qb who throws one or less INTs a game but is incapable of generating a TD drive of his own outside of garbage time or without a major assist from special teams and the defense.