The Joke that is the Winnipeg Blue Bomber franchise

IC Khari

- Did you hear that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers no longer have a website? They can't string 3 w's together.

- Why doesn't Brandon MB have a CFL team? Because then Winnipeg would want one too.

- How do you stop a Blue Bomber player from masterbating? Paint his *^#% Stamp colours and they'll never beat it.

- Did you hear the joke Drew Willy told his receivers? It went over their heads.

- Whats the best part about dating a girl who's a Bomber fan? They'll never expect a ring.

- How do you know the Winnipeg City Police are getting tough on speeding? First offence they give you two Blue Bomber tickets, and the second, they make you use them.

- Did you hear about the blonde burglar? They tried to break into the Blue Bomber's trophy room.

- Why shouldn't a person buy their child a Blue Bomber jersey? They are a chocking hazard.

Edited by IC Khari

''''All funny but not a lot of fans laughing.....I've tried my best to find some humour in our situation but every time I've looked at the standings, in the recent hapless years, I get disgusted and can only snicker. ...Maybe I should try to snicker more often and it might lead to hilarious laughter...don't know.

Edited by Stickem

- I took my broken vacuum cleaner back to the store. They put a Bomber's logo on it and now it sucks again. 
Why do pidgeons fly over IGF upside down? There's nothing worth craping on! 
A Stamps fan walks into a bar. There is Bomber memorabilia all over the bar. The bartender is decked out in Bomber's gear. The bartender is watching the Bombers/Stamps game on tv, along with a dog wearing a Bomber's sweater. The Stamps fan orders a beer, and starts watching the game. The score is 27-0 in the first quarter in favour of the Stamps. Willy drives the Bombers down to the 3 yard line, but again, can't punch it into the end zone. They kick a field goal, making the score 27-3. The bartender and the dog both go crazy. The dog is jumping all over the bar, barking, tail wagging. The Stamps fan is pretty amazed at the dogs reaction. The Stamps fan says, "That's some dog you got there, buddy. What does he do when the Bombers scores a touchdown?" The bartender says "How would I know? I've only had him for 3 years." 

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

All this mocking could have been avoided by not bringing back MOS this season. Even if the team was losing, the fans would have given a new HC some slack. Just more of the questionable decision making this team has made. Walters & O'Shea need to go.

Not sure if canning O'Shea would have solved all the problems but it would have been a positive step and an indication that status quo was not good enough. Our GM and recruiting both need close scrutiny. Maybe our OLcoaching, too.

19 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

All this mocking could have been avoided by not bringing back MOS this season. Even if the team was losing, the fans would have given a new HC some slack. Just more of the questionable decision making this team has made. Walters & O'Shea need to go.

Oh it's cute that you think that. Bomber fans have no tolerance for losing, if they'd fired O'Shea and were still losing in this fashion this season they'd still be angry except instead of calling for O'Shea to be publicly flogged in the streets it would be Walters and his new head coach along side him they'd want to see be whipped through the streets. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh it's cute that you think that. Bomber fans have no tolerance for losing, if they'd fired O'Shea and were still losing in this fashion this season they'd still be angry except instead of calling for O'Shea to be publicly flogged in the streets it would be Walters and his new head coach along side him they'd want to see be whipped through the streets. 

Bombers fans have no tolerance for losing? Did you actually say that? I don't believe he said that? Yes, he actually did say that. ;)

Edited by iso_55

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

Bombers fans have no tolerance for losing? Did you actually say that? I don't believe he said that? Yes, he actually did say that. ;)

Have you read this place? It's a zoo after a loss, any loss regardless of what happened before or what manner of loss it was. This fan base is up and down more than a yo-yo. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Have you read this place? It's a zoo after a loss, any loss regardless of what happened before or what manner of loss it was. This fan base is up and down more than a yo-yo. 

Can you blame the fanbase? This team is 13-28 since 2014.

Edited by iso_55

4 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Can you blame the fanbase? This team is 13-28 since 2014.

We're all watching the same dumpster fire. Not everyone responds the same way, and I definitely do believe the way some people respond and behave is something that could be improved upon. But at this point, I don't think I can blame anyone. I think we're all sick of it and we just choose to cope (is that the best word?) in different ways.

I am having a week where I just want to vent so my posts could be construed as pretty negative ;), but what must fans who have never seen this team win think?  All these promises year after year and while it's early in the season, seemingly no forward movement. Gaging my son's friends (30 somethings), the team being down so long and them never having the benefit of good Bomber recollections, has produced a Bomber populace uprising (if you want to use that term) against our beloved Blue and Gold squad amongst many younger fans. Not all are diehards like in here. I believe a majority of fans see the team as being mismanaged/run by a board who is concerned with looking good and meeting the financial obligations but with no idea or apparent interest in hiring those who can put a winning team on the field. Whether that's fair or not, the proof is in the pudding as they say. The pudding looks pretty yucky so far.

Edited by IC Khari

1 minute ago, IC Khari said:

I am having a week where I just want to vent so my posts could be construed as pretty negative ;), but what must fans who have never seen this team win think?  All these promises year after year and while it's early in the season, seemingly no forward movement. Gauging my son's friends (30 somethings), the team being down so long and them never having the benefit of good Bomber recollections, has produced a Bomber populace uprising (if you want to use that term) against our beloved Blue and Gold squad amongst many younger fans. Not all are diehards like in here. I believe a majority of fans see the team as being mismanaged/run by a board who is concerned with looking good and meeting the financial needs but with no idea or apparent interest in hiring those who can put a winning team on the field. Whether that's fair or not, the proof so far is in the pudding. The pudding looks pretty yucky so far.

It seems to me that "looking good", and  "sound financial management" are indistinguishable from fielding a competitive team (Toronto Maple Leafs exempted).  Every team goes through occasional droughts of winning (Toronto Maple Leafs exempted) but fans eventually get tired of losing (Toronto Maple Leafs exempted) and stop supporting the team (Toronto Maple Leafs exempted).

50 minutes ago, do or die said:

I'm with iso....

Strident defiance is the way to go.   

I will watch the game (and hopefully be jumping and down), then find yet another way to hammer out a O+S.   I haven't even begun to fight....or run out of gin references, for that matter.....

GO BLUE!!

To be honest, especially at times like this, your O+S is a real lift and very much appreciated by many of us. If I haven't said it before, thanks for doing it.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

It seems to me that "looking good", and  "sound financial management" are indistinguishable from fielding a competitive team (Toronto Maple Leafs exempted).  Every team goes through occasional droughts of winning (Toronto Maple Leafs exempted) but fans eventually get tired of losing (Toronto Maple Leafs exempted) and stop supporting the team (Toronto Maple Leafs exempted).

Yep, tired of losing is where we have been for a while with this franchise, if you include losing 5 Grey Cup games since the last win in 90 which hasn't helped. In reality, a non championship year is still a loss even if it's in the final. Too bad we couldn't have won in 01 or 07 or even 11 because it sure would have soothed a bit of the frustration and the mess of hurt feelings in this fanbase right now.

I'll be honest, I'm terrified of coming home for holidays next week and having the entire province in a funeral mood over the state of the Bombers. I much prefer coming home when everyone's excited and positive. Could be a tough week of only wearing Jets gear...