3 stars and hh bluer than blue

wbbfan

Time to cut Nelson.

Dress devonte Williams as returner and weave him in at rb

Put Josh Miller on the pr. On d nothing you do matters If you can't tackle. And he can't tackle. 6 blown tackles in the last 2 games. 

Bailey demoted to di. Agudosi and Stewart in. 

Cut crapinga

Read wrs the riot act. Soo many drops its stupid. 

Hire an offensive ast co or qc coach. 3 runs in 3 quarters and the first 4 runs were all the same play. Our route selection is pop Warner quality. 

so, does this loss mean no grey cup this season?

unpopular opinion, I think the Bombers O line is not as dominant as in paat seasons.

Im sure its complicated beyond me, but collaros was getting a lot of pressure.

I really do  ot understand the lack of running attempts.

no awards today.

Edited by Mark F

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

so, does this loss mean no grey cup this season?

unpopular opinion, I think the Bombers O line is not as dominant as in paat seasons.

Im sure its complicated beyond me, but collaros was getting a lot of pressure.

I really do  ot understand the lack of running attempts.

no awards today.

Parade is canceled lol. 

9 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

What was the bad reffing people are talking about? 
I was only able to listen at work, so I missed parts. Something about a bad call on an Adams “non-catch”?

The pick that was called pi clearly was not. The hit by ba was clean. The adams catch and fumble. 3 horrible holdings missed. 0 flags on the argos offense. 1 on the argos d. 

It was single handedly the worst reffd game I've ever seen. And I don't say that lightly. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I was only able to listen at work, so I missed parts. Something about a bad call on an Adams “non-catch”?

The pick was actual a Defensive PI - he pushed off...

There were two catch and fumbles - one with Adams and one with White - both would have gone the bombers way... but it was tight - not the worst call I've seen.

Refs didn't cost us this game - Dinwiddie and his team coached a really really nice game.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

The pick was actual a Defensive PI - he pushed off...

There were two catch and fumbles - one with Adams and one with White - both would have gone the bombers way... but it was tight - not the worst call I've seen.

Refs didn't cost us this game - Dinwiddie and his team coached a really really nice game.

Think you mean offensive pi. It was such a crappy call. 

The refs never cost the game for a good team. But man they crapped the bed as much as possible. 

Dinwiddie did coach a good game. And that foster can really run. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Parade is canceled lol. 

The pick that was called pi clearly was not. The hit by ba was clean. The Adams catch and fumble. 3 horrible holdings missed. 0 flags on the Argos' offense. 1 on the Argos' d. 

It was single handedly the worst reffed game I've ever seen. And I don't say that lightly. 

It was pretty brutal, but that in no way excused the lack of execution by the Bombers.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Reffing always gets blamed on a loss, and it almost never is the factor fans say it is. 

I will say this much, the Alexander roughing penalty was for a violent but not dirty hit. Caught him high with a forearm because he was going down. Should it be a penalty? I would say no, but the refs are going to call it because of the result and to avoid things spiralling out of control with players looking for retribution. May not be the letter of the law, but in the spirit of keeping the game clean, it is going to get called. And just a hunch, if Darvin Adams got crushed like that some here will call the same hit dirty. Uniform colour affects perceptions. Beyond that I think the refs have been directed to call the game tighter. The rough play on the Argos for the late hit out of bounds was pretty chintzy in its own right. And the late hit on the QB in last night’s Stamp-Als game was weak as well. I’d prefer a “let them play” approach but I sense that’s not the directive from the league office right now. 

The only weird call was the spearing. Rolled over the player on the tackle, but hardly led with the helmet like an arrow. Only one yard on the penalty so not a killer.

The pick was a push-off by Alford  the receiver went down pretty easy, but with how PI is called on today’s game, it was a penalty  

As for the “catch/no catch” plays, on Darvin Adams’ one, it looked like when he went down he rolled over top of the DB rather than hitting the ground, so in real time it looked like he did not survive contact. Might have been worth a challenge since the ground can’t cause a fumble. On the Argo RB non-catch, he caught it and was hit as he spun, so another bang-bang play. Refs were being consistent by calling both incomplete, but both hurt the Bombers since their catch/fumble went out of bounds and the Argo one would have been likely recovered by the Bombers (although a quick whistle negated that presumptive ruling). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Re: Alexander roughing. The ball was 5 yards past the receiver, the receiver was in a vulnerable position, the hit was both unnecessary and  to the head. It's the kind of play that needs to be taken out of the game. I thought it should have been called right away, but I was surprised that it was called after a review.

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Re: Alexander roughing. The ball was 5 yards past the receiver, the receiver was in a vulnerable position, the hit was both unnecessary and  to the head. It's the kind of play that needs to be taken out of the game. I thought it should have been called right away, but I was surprised that it was called after a review.

It was a bang bang play. It's not ball is 5 yards away it went past the wr who went over the middle and didn't protect himself. 

Ba didn't lead with the head. Qbs heads don't get protected down field as runners. You can't lead with the head but you can hit the head. Clean hit. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It was a bang bang play. It's not ball is 5 yards away it went past the wr who went over the middle and didn't protect himself. 

Ba didn't lead with the head. Qbs heads don't get protected down field as runners. You can't lead with the head but you can hit the head. Clean hit. 

Completely disagree.

I don’t think the ball was 5 yards away, and I don’t think he aimed for the head. The “head shot” was the receiver falling down and catching a forearm to the chest/neck which snapped his head. If a player’s knee hits the opponent’s chin as he falls to the turf, does that make it a “head shot” simply because the head was contacted?

I will say that it was a predatory hit in that he was completely focussed on hitting the receiver and not on playing the ball. That in itself should be fine if you want to separate the player from the ball, but he saw the chance to light up a defenceless player with the strongest most violent legal hit he could deliver and he took it. If that is the kind of hit the league wants out of the game (and based on the rule last year preventing receivers from throwing blindside blocks on DBs back towards the line of scrimmage, apparently they do) then it is a penalty. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don’t think the ball was 5 yards away, and I don’t think he aimed for the head. The “head shot” was the receiver falling down and catching a forearm to the chest/neck which snapped his head. If a player’s knee hits the opponent’s chin as he falls to the turf, does that make it a “head shot” simply because the head was contacted?

I will say that it was a predatory hit in that he was completely focussed on hitting the receiver and not on playing the ball. That in itself should be fine if you want to separate the player from the ball, but he saw the chance to light up a defenceless player with the strongest most violent legal hit he could deliver and he took it. If that is the kind of hit the league wants out of the game (and based on the rule last year preventing receivers from throwing blindside blocks on DBs back towards the line of scrimmage, apparently they do) then it is a penalty. 

If the league made the choice it'd be one thing. But the only reason they stepped in and penalized it is the injury. If he walked off fine no review and penalty. That's the biggest issue. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If the league made the choice it'd be one thing. But the only reason they stepped in and penalized it is the injury. If he walked off fine no review and penalty. That's the biggest issue. 

And based on the rule book they are completely entitled to do that, so the league DID make the choice. (section italicized). And the on-field refs explained it that way on the mike too. I mean, Daniels was injured and spent the remainder of the game in concussion protocol, so he wasn’t faking. 

RULE 10 — REPLAY

SECTION 3 — COMMAND CENTRE REVIEWS

Article 1 – Automatic Reviews

The Command Centre will automatically review the following situations:

• Scoring and potential scoring plays
  • Roughing the Passer called and non-called
  • Grade 2 Roughing the Passer
  • Roughing/Contacting the Kicker called and non-called
  • Grade 2 Spearing
  • Plays where a turnover is ruled to have occurred as a result of a fumble lost or an interception
  • Called penalties that are not coach challengeable penalties
  • Called line of scrimmage fouls to ensure the correct penalty is applied
  • Major Fouls that occur after the play is over
  • Called Illegal Contact and Defensive Pass Interference fouls to ensure the correct penalty application not whether or not the penalty occurred
  • Where a penalty should be applied from
  • Whether the clock is showing the correct time
  • Where officials disagree or are uncertain on how to rule in a play situation
  • Spotting of the ball only to correct egregious errors
  • Plays when the Injury Spotter stops the game to remove an injured player to determine if the injury was caused by an uncalled penalty

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And based on the rule book they are completely entitled to do that, so the league DID make the choice. (section italicized). And the on-field refs explained it that way on the mike too. I mean, Daniels was injured and spent the remainder of the game in concussion protocol, so he wasn’t faking. 

RULE 10 — REPLAY

SECTION 3 — COMMAND CENTRE REVIEWS

Article 1 – Automatic Reviews

The Command Centre will automatically review the following situations:

• Scoring and potential scoring plays
  • Roughing the Passer called and non-called
  • Grade 2 Roughing the Passer
  • Roughing/Contacting the Kicker called and non-called
  • Grade 2 Spearing
  • Plays where a turnover is ruled to have occurred as a result of a fumble lost or an interception
  • Called penalties that are not coach challengeable penalties
  • Called line of scrimmage fouls to ensure the correct penalty is applied
  • Major Fouls that occur after the play is over
  • Called Illegal Contact and Defensive Pass Interference fouls to ensure the correct penalty application not whether or not the penalty occurred
  • Where a penalty should be applied from
  • Whether the clock is showing the correct time
  • Where officials disagree or are uncertain on how to rule in a play situation
  • Spotting of the ball only to correct egregious errors
  • Plays when the Injury Spotter stops the game to remove an injured player to determine if the injury was caused by an uncalled penalty

I don't think he was faking he got ktfo with out question. You can't suspend guys based on result like collaros getting knocked out by Hamilton in ssk in 19. 

It's not that they reviewed it cus he was hurt. They only penalized because he was hurt. If some one else was hurt and that time out happened and they reviewed it there would be no penalty. I have no doubt about that. 

58 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I don't think he was faking he got ktfo with out question. You can't suspend guys based on result like collaros getting knocked out by Hamilton in ssk in 19. 

It's not that they reviewed it cus he was hurt. They only penalized because he was hurt. If some one else was hurt and that time out happened and they reviewed it there would be no penalty. I have no doubt about that. 

Unclear what you mean here. That if it was  a different player they would not have called the penalty?

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Unclear what you mean here. That if it was  a different player they would not have called the penalty?

The injury time out can allow the booth to create a review to see if there is a penalty due. The injury it self is not grounds for a penalty. The only reason the play was penalized is the injury. They created punishment based only on the injury. 

The injury time out allows the booth to review and determine if the injury was a result of a missed call. If no injury, then no penalty, but not because the penalty did not happen, but rather because without injury there is no opportunity for review. The injury review won’t always lead automatically to a penalty. Players get injured in game all the time without a penalty being tacked on, and yes the rule specifically requires the injury spotter to stop the game and demand removal of the player from the game, so it is clearly addressing concussion protocol, so it is geared towards removing that type of play from the game. The league wants that type of play removed, so they are going to call it. But if he wasn’t hurt, it doesn’t mean an infraction did not occur, just that it was missed by the refs and not reviewable. They aren’t deciding “well he was hurt so we have to now invent a penalty where there was none”. As for suspensions based on result, welcome to discipline review in all sports. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever