Everything posted by blueingreenland
-
Bombers recruiting Derel Walker
Dave Naylor (a couple of days ago) stated that he thought Derel Walker might even wait till training camp till he signs with a team - Walker thinks teams might get desperate.
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
Just my two cents, but I've heard Pedersen many times on Rider play-by-play - and yes he is a huge homer. I've also listened to his podcast. He doesn't take himself too seriously, and I don't either. He pumps up the Riders and puts down the Bombers - and says it's all in fun. He does a lot of work for AA - and I respect him for that. As for his feud with BLM...well, it seems BLM is taking it a lot more seriously.
-
2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.
Let's hope he gets an early parole and can move on with the rest of his life.
-
Bombers recruiting Derel Walker
I kind of agree. And if they want to cap certain salaries maybe they should start with QB's!
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
Today on Regina radio 620 the question was asked, "Which CFL non-playoff team will make the playoffs in 2020 AND which team that did make the playoffs will not make them?" Luc Mullinder answered: "B.C. will make the playoffs...(and...wait for it)...Winnipeg will NOT make the playoffs!" (I nearly choked on my sandwich upon hearing that...however Mullinder is a Bomber hater.)
- Bomber Free Agent Discussion
- Bomber Free Agent Discussion
- Bomber Free Agent Discussion
-
US Politics
You are aware that David Duke has endorsed a Democratic candidate as his next choice for President, aren't you (Tulsi Gabbard)? Or that he recently praised Ilhan Omar? (They are a bit in opposition to Trump's policies...just saying).
-
Canadian Politics
Hmmm. Sounds a little bit similar to a certain woman in the U.S. running for leadership of the Democratic party (see: Pocahontas). Only in the case of Elizabeth Warren, I doubt her party will discipline her.
-
Thank you Matt Nichols
Thanks Matt for bringing us back to being a very respectable team!!
-
Collaros signs 2 year deal
I like the Collaros signing. He may have been the best option we had. And remember that a lot could happen within the 2 years of his contract: he could stay healthy and we could win another Grey Cup or he could miss significant time paving the way for someone else (like McGuire).
-
Bombers Unveil Offensive Coaching Staff
My guess is it wasn't a fluke. The guy has won 3 Grey Cups as a coach.
-
2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.
Yes...it's been 0 years since our last Grey Cup win!!
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
Right! He was terrible for Collaros!! 😄
-
O'Shea and Walters Re-Sign
You might be right...but at what point do the Bombers move on from their older and injured QB's like Nichols and Collaros and go with the younger guy? I am not saying they should...but I'm guessing it's at least in their thought processes.
-
2020 Blue Bombers Schedule
I hate that there are 3 bye weeks. I'd rather the league go back to 2 and move the Grey Cup up a week. I know it's in the name of player safety, but a longer season also means the players have 1 week less of off-season in order to make $ ( if they have an off-season job).
-
2020 CFL Free-Agents
Yes. One of the amazing things about Moon is he could throw a tight spiral rolling out to his right...or left!! Incredible athlete!
-
Did You Know..
Yeah, the truth is QB's don't often stick with one team for more than a couple of contracts. When was the last time we had a QB in Winnipeg for even 5 years? (Okay, I looked. It was Khari Jones!)
- Bomber Free Agent Discussion
-
Did You Know..
But, but, but...passing stats are the only thing that matters...or so I've been told.
-
O'Shea and Walters Re-Sign
I can't recall this much positivity surrounding a Bomber coach/G.M. re-signing!! Looking forward to many more good years!
-
O'Shea and Walters Re-Sign
Now that I think back to what Dickenson said, if he had been a Canadian and had said something like that about another group living in Canada he likely would have been disciplined, if not fired (considering what's been going on with coaches lately). Hmmm. Just thought I'd mention this...now carry on with O Shea and Walter's...
-
How About that Other Worldly Play-Off Defense?
Sorry to be negative but of course this year's defense is better than Swaggerville just because we finished very strong and that defense started very strong (in the season). A better question might be "Where does this defense rank among some of the all time great defenses in Bomber history?" My vote ( and I've only followed the Bombers since '72) would probably go to those defenses in the 80's to early 90's. In 88 we had the lowest scoring offense, but our defense allowed the fewest points in the league. Having said that, this year's defensive line allowed the 2nd fewest rushing yards in league history (per game).
- Bomber Free Agent Discussion