Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the replay... he's lucky it wasn't offensive PI... Also, just watching Jason Maas lose is goddamn mind on the sidelines... makes me so much happier that the only thing people have to complain about is O'Shea "smirks" too much... And then he goes on to say he "respects" the league's initiative for player safety... yet lambastes the league for taking Reilly out of the game after a head shot... the fact that it wasn't called is a different issue all together... If this Esks season goes completely off the rails I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Brock Sunderland move on from Maas and bring in his own coach...
  2. I thought I read it here but maybe it was on twitter... someone said it's hard to imagine LaPo goes to Mtl if Joe Mack is still there...
  3. Dave "the Nail-gun" Naylor is already speculating Stubler is part of the plan...
  4. Also is there a new thread to talk about the Montreal firings?... I didn't see anything... Wonder if Thorpe is looking for "advisory" role in some capacity... I don't know, maybe somewhere in and around Winnipeg... EDIT: there is a thread... I missed it
  5. "Despite never playing again, O’Shea has never formally signed retirement papers." I think we may have found our answer at MLB...
  6. Yeah sure... like the Esks would ever trade an MOP winning QB to Toronto for nothing... Editors note: I'm pretty sure I've made this joke here before...
  7. He also knows when to put in the 3rd string QB on a potentially Grey Cup winning play... Oh wait... no he doesn't b/c the answer is never!
  8. I have to 100% disagree with the thread premise... Ottawa is a good football team and although they will be playing without Trevor Harris (likely) they will not be taken lightly... Edmonton is never an easy game... and Hamilton should be easily winnable, but they have been resembling an actual football team in the past two weeks... We could easily go 3-0 over this stretch... but could just as easily go 1-2... luckily I have full faith in Mike O that he will never let these guys get complacent...
  9. My guess is you are actually in a the strong majority with this opinion...
  10. this might be the dumbest CFL article I've ever read... seriously, I think (and I might be wrong but it seems this way) that the Rider fans embrace the name and the game as much as Bomber fans...
  11. this is a really interesting point... I haven't analyzed the schedule to see if this is impossible but it is looking more and more like 5th in the west will have a better record than 1st in the east... which would be extremely unfortunate for the team that misses out when two lesser teams make the show...
  12. I would say we celebrated Saskatchewan day the most appropriate way... with Saskatchewan losing... Putting aside Matt Nichols spectacular numbers... the leadership of that guy is unmatched by anyone in the CFL right now... Reilly is a more talented player all around, and Mitchell just wins... but find me a player on the Bombers - O, D or ST - that isn't 100% committed to Nichols as our leader... hint: you won't
  13. So all I have to do it wait til KBF picks... then pick the same guy... and I'm guaranteed victory! Just kidding... I'll make my pick before looking at the thread... and I won't pick the same guy if KBF beats me to it...
  14. Thanks for the replay... shows it quite clearly... I agree that "accidental" PI is an odd call, but this is far from the first time I've seen it called... but if it didn't exist, guys are talented and smart enough to get away with accidental PI all the time... and 10 yards or half the distance (in this case) is much better than spot of the foul...
  15. Might be a good opportunity to do a MBB gathering... Also, have to think Ottawa gets years 3.... maybe Edmonton
  16. haha, I'm surprised no one has jumped on this yet... technically he should be considered this year's EJ Kuale... since Macho only played 4 or 5 games last year...
  17. I really hope that doesn't happen... b/c it will benefit the Riders in two ways... since these fake injuries happen when we're on offense the stadium will be really loud at an inopportune time... we're already bad enough for making noise with our offense on the field....
  18. I have to agree... this roster management is getting really frustrating... the only two offensive weapons that looked dangerous lat week were Flanders and Harris... so why not get another guy like that (Thorpe) in the line-up... And our pass rush has been almost non-existent that last two weeks... Poop hasn't played... coincidence?
  19. Lots of pressure, down to crunch time here... I'm going to go for the jinx pick Naaman Roosevelt
  20. you're not the only one... maybe trying it b/c Okpa was healthy the first game makes sense... but unless it's injury related, it's pretty clear he should be in the line-up...
  21. It appears to me that our overall pass rush has significantly gone down since we took out Poop for Okpo...
  22. I agree, Gord is surprisingly good on CFL broadcasts... what can he possible be doing during the summer that he can't do CFL?... Anything to get Rod Black off the air...
  23. Well, if you want to be exact... it was 4 points
  24. It makes me feel old that the father of a current Bomber was still playing football in 2000...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.