Odds and Sods - BC Lions at Winnipeg (seat filler edition)

TrueBlue4ever

Almost live.....I turn on the PVR and take in the Bomber game on Saturday evening.....no one tell me the score!

Amaretto and Coke the beverage of choice this week....as snowflakes visit 'Peg City on double-header day.

Defence looking to atone for last week...with early pressure.

Nicholls tests his arm to Adams over the middle.....who takes a vicious hit for his troubles....and looks like he may not be back for a while.

Jennings deep ball off a bit....which leads to punt to Fogg......who finds a corner and sprints down the sideline...praying for no flags the entire way.

The prayer is answered....first career punt return TD, on his 4th do-over........Joy short-lived as Adams is headed to the locker room.

Defence continues to put the heat on Jennings.....who is throwing it away when he isn't getting drilled.

Andrew Harris reels off a couple of plays in pursuit of 1,000 x 2.....and allows Medlock to expand the lead to 10

Which holds up for most of the second quarter as the punters get a workout.....

Nicholls hard count still fooling teams, as the Leos jump offside twice.......

While the secondary gets some licks in on Jennings as the corner blitz gets called a few times.........

Feoli-Gudino gets into the act and Medlock adds three more and another single....before BC gets a late drive to squeeze out 3 points just as the half is done..

Third quarter sees more of the same.....if you like stalled offences and hard safety hits.....except Loffler takes out his own teammate and not the opposition...

Bombers biggest danger come playoff time may not be the opposition...but their own injuries, as Walker becomes the latest casualty...

Ty Long pulls BC to within 8 after a long distance FG......and the city holds its breath, as Andrew Harris loses his helmet, then lowers his head into a hit....

Yet he comes back, undeterred.......while the body count grows with a BC injury....there will be some ice  bags passed out tomorrow, hard hitting everywhere...

And tempers beginning to flare in the scrums as Bond coaxes an objectionable conduct penalty out of the BC defence on 3rd down......

But Harris turns it over after the BC gift penalty,  only to get another do-over when the Lions forget to count to three (plays off after an injury, that is).......

And then the Bombers start throwing punches.....as the game slows to a crawl.....

Bombers' special teams' unit quietly gets the job done time after time on punt coverage.......while the d-line makes some noise with another sack....

Forcing a conceded safety....16-6 as we hit the 4th.....

Where Jennings tries another long strike downfield.....but his accuracy remains elusive as Fogg picks it off and returns it deep....into Medlock FG territory......

19-6.....and BC showing no sign that they will mount any offensive threat....especially with Mo Leggett making sure tackles on Chris Rainey......

Jennings finally connects on a TD pass.....except it is to a blue jersey, as TJ Heath jumps the route and scampers 64 yards for the playoff clinching TD.....

Crowd rushing off to the Jets' game now......don't miss much......except for two late cosmetic scores by BC  to make it artificially close, no big deal.......

.....and injuries to Okapalago and Leggett, much bigger deal........

Bombers secure a playoff spot, raise a glass and toast them........now drown your sorrows because of those injuries....going to need more amaretto........

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

Nice work... but the one pet peeve that I notice every time and needs to be pointed out... it's spelled Nichols, one "L"... not two...

i-am-ashamed.gif

Good catch. Sorry about that, thanks for pointing it out. I try to be accurate. Took me a year to not spell "Leggett" with an "a', and I'm surprised you didn't mention the mess I made of the name "Okpalaugo", although in my defence, his name is "Okpalaugo"

Edited by TrueBlue4ever